What's new

First Round: Historical Facts For The 70 Anniversary Of The Victory Of The World Antifascist War

There are so many, many (probably hundreds) of threads of this nature already posted in PDF. Seriously.

So you are advocating the son pay for the father's sin ?

China is free to demand the Japanese of today pay for the sins of the Japanese of yesterday. Payment could be monetary or political or a mix of both. But my point was that it is silly to hope, let alone expect, that the Japan of today will do something to provoke China so China can justify any military actions to exact vengeance for WW II. Either China make Japan pay or forget about what happened back in WW II. When I said 'forget' I do not mean to literally dismiss what happened in WW II. I mean that China should stop using WW II as part of a political foundation upon which China will stand to deal with Japan. The US do not forget Dec 7, 1941, but US Presidents do not bring that date up to force modern Japan to do what we want.

If you want to make Japan pay -- in blood -- for WW II, then have the intellectual courage to PUBLICLY say so. But as we Americans often say in frustration: Stop beating around the bush.
We want them to stop worshiping Class A War Criminals which is an insult to us. The US should do more to tell Japan to stop worshiping war criminals.

the innocence and helpless will not be punished for what their ancestors did 70 years ago. but surely if they will japan goes down the same route as last time, they will be the ones who will suffer.

just like the millions of Japanese people also died for what the militaristic government did during WWII

the innocence and helplessness of Japanese today.

japan_yakusuni.jpg
Koreans are worse but i'm not understanding why Chinese love korean things. They are revising their history to make korea (never existed prior to 20th century ) as the dawn of all east asians. At least the Japanese do not claim this and to a degree do acknowledge their culture derived from China.

Koreans are worse but i'm not understanding why Chinese love korean things. They are revising their history to make korea (never existed prior to 20th century ) as the dawn of all east asians. At least the Japanese do not claim this and to a degree do acknowledge their culture derived from China.
未经教化之民,民穷则叼,民富则猖。

Why do you need Japan to do something for you, meaning China, to exact vengeance ? If your, meaning China's, grievance is so serious that the thought of vengeance against a nation constantly occupies your mind, even though that nation is no longer the same one who inflicted harm upon you a long time ago, then the proper thing to do is exact vengeance when you, meaning China, is finally fully capable of taking actions.

Revenge and vengeance are synonymous with vengeance slightly more abstract. To wait for the other side to do something that is hopefully provocative enough to give one cover for retaliation, thereby taking revenge under said cover, one risk to never have the opportunity to exact vengeance at all. Right now, militarily speaking, China can nuclear annihilate at least half of Japan before the US have the chance to respond, even with a diplomatic condemnation. So why the wait ? Do you, meaning China, not hear your deceased ancestors crying for justice ? Do you think that if there is an afterlife, they are ashamed that their children are doing nothing to avenge their unjustified and undignified deaths ? Why should it matter that the Japanese of today is nothing like the Japanese of yesterday ? After all, the innocence and helplessness of the Chinese back then did not matter to the Japanese back then, so why should the innocence and helplessness of the Japanese today matter to you ?

That is how you should think when you think about vengeance.

really not much point talking about war to someone hasnt been fighting in a war or even lived in One

Fighting a war can be of any reason, but you have to be really, really crazy to start one in order to revenge for something someone did 70 years ago.

You lend someone some money 70 years ago and you wont ask that persons son or grandson to pay for it if that person did not repay the debt in that 70 years.

Hoping someone to start a war so you can teach them a lesson? I rather fight a war for money or oil than an idiotic notion like that, if this is what the Chinese government think then I guess the government have some sort of weird sense of justice

War will only result in more suffering from both side, yeah, even if you get what you wish for and Japan did start a war with China, then shall China wait for Japan to start another war to payback for the Chinese soldier killed in this glorious victious? It would be going on in infinity and yet it will not solve anything, as the revenge is gonna go on and on...

but then I guess most Chinese member here think War is just like video game and one man can kill all those people and be the hero...

Back
Top Bottom