What's new

First pictures from operational S-300 units in IRAN

please tell me, if S-300 PMU-2 (IR) is such a garbage

-> why zionists shitted in theyr pants
-> why zionists did everything possible to block the deal
-> why Netanjahoooo personally visited Putin in Moscow several times?

or maybe was it because S-300 is a very potent defensive weapon?

Israeli Strategic Affairs and Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinitz said on Tuesday (May 28 of 2013 ) if the S-300 missiles are in Syria then can reach deep into the Jewish state and threaten flights,
and in case of Isreal the S300 will be come offensive weapon because of the long range system with range of (200 to 300 KM ) it can detect all over Isreal Tel Aviv region Ben Gurion Airport it detect military aircraft as well as commercial deep to other side territory ( meaning impose no fly zone )

Last edited:
"we have to assume an attack on Iran will be done with stealth fighters exclusively."

what do you mean with "stealth", do yo u think they are invisible or what?
there is no 100% "stealth"
remember rq-170 back in 2011?
it had the latest technology, it was an CIA drone, not even the us army had the technology
but iranians managed to take control over it....
asymetric warfare baby!
so you see, there is no "stealth", you can still track them with optoelectronics, thermal cams and so on..
and you can fight against them with electronic warfare, there are possibilities..
S-300 PMU2 should be good against balistic missile, cruise missiles...

I meant sleath because an f-35 is a stealth strike fighter lol. I'm nit trying to imply that its invisible but it is stealthy.

What you said did not counter my main issues with this imported system, did it? limited numbers and the very fact its an imported system is an issue.
Bavar has been in development for 10 years, you're talking as if its development was started yesterday.

Maybe the S-300 Iran has does indeed posses better anti ballistic missile capability, but, the main threats facing Iran in the aerospace realm are fighter jets, cruise missile and UAV's.
Bavar-373 it self has anti ballistic missile capabilities, but here is a simple fact, neither Bavar nor s-300 will be capable of dealing with long range ballistic missiles such as those possessed by the Israelis and some of the other regional nations. To deal with those, Iran will need a proper anti ballistic missile system. Therefore, talking about anti BM capabilities is a moot point.
If you are speaking of multi layer air defense i have a list for you:
Misagh-3-Shoulder-fired + Rapier + Ya-Zahra + Tor-M1 + Pantsir-S1 (imported from Syria) + Russian-BUK-M1 + 3d-Khordad system + Mersad + Ra'ad-1,2,3 + 9th-Haraz + S-300PMU2 + Bavar-373 (under development).
The only remaining ones are S-500 and S-400. Bavar can fulfill the gap of S-400 in the future but S-500 likely is our future development for Bavar's generation inshallah.
If our interceptors fail to hit the BMs, the final layer will be our fighter jets. We have upgraded phoenix missiles for that purpose, Fakour and upgraded Fakour, Sejjil-i interceptors.

Iran has the S-300 in quite limited numbers, and this is an imported system, meaning if anything goes wrong with it, such as need for parts etc, then Iran will need to rely on the Russians. This is what makes it a very limited system, in terms of military value in the context of a major conflict with the US.

The combination of the indigenous Bavar plus all the rest of the Iranian made system is what is of great military importance. No one is saying S-300 is completely useless but lets not overstate its importance. In 2007 it would have been a huge boost for Iran, but in 2016/17? heck no.

As for the difference between Bavar and S-300, even from what we know of Bavar, it's clearly more capable. Radar range is higher, missile range is longer, it has AESA radar which the the S-300 lacks. Explain to me what the S-300 has that Iran needs to incorporate into Bavar? The only issue with bavar, is simply that it is not completely ready for mass production yet, and this in a military context is a problem, because who knows when a conflict is looming?

Ah I see. Well that's a fair assessment.

So would you say that the edition of the s-300pmu2 just doesn't add much to the overall equation?

Ah I see. Well that's a fair assessment.

So would you say that the edition of the s-300pmu2 just doesn't add much to the overall equation?

It does add to the equation, just not as much as some of the people are making out to be. Remember I am talking in the context of a conflict with the US.

It does add to the equation, just not as much as some of the people are making out to be. Remember I am talking in the context of a conflict with the US.

I guess, if we were to go in no holds barred then I see where your sentiment comes from.

Overwhelming American force would definitely strain if not out right break Iranian defenses. But this is really just conjecture. Iran of yesteryear is not Iran of present and our military (US military) is kind of in a state of flux. Our navy isn't at full capacity, a lot of our planes are grounded because they can't fly, budget over runs, etc, etc...

If Iran really wants to deter us then it's either nukes or a super effective (both quantity and quality) defense and offensive missiles.

To put it simply I think Iran is on the right path as far as air defense goes. All steps have been logical, all you need is more systems and constants tests for reliability.

I guess, if we were to go in no holds barred then I see where your sentiment comes from.

Overwhelming American force would definitely strain if not out right break Iranian defenses. But this is really just conjecture. Iran of yesteryear is not Iran of present and our military (US military) is kind of in a state of flux. Our navy isn't at full capacity, a lot of our planes are grounded because they can't fly, budget over runs, etc, etc...

If Iran really wants to deter us then it's either nukes or a super effective (both quantity and quality) defense and offensive missiles.

To put it simply I think Iran is on the right path as far as air defense goes. All steps have been logical, all you need is more systems and constants tests for reliability.

Iran already has deterred the US from an attack. The evidence for that is quite simple, they did not attack Iran even when Iran was much weaker a decade ago. Iran is now trying to reach a point beyond a simple deterrent, and this is point where the Americans would simply laugh at a potential conflict with Iran and give it no serious consideration even perhaps in their open political discourses.

Iran's base air-defence capability before S-300 was very capable, my point is that the addition of the S-300 to the mix did not change the equation by a considerable manner like people make it out to be. Once the Iranian designed long range system, such as Bavar, Talash, sadid-630 whose inter-workings are a secret known only to Iran are mass produced and added to the integrated air defence, then the air defence equation will change considerably.

I also dont believe in a direct attack soon, that would be toooo costly for them and the outcome is unpredictable...
They will do it in an "undirectly" way like in Syria, they will finance/arm the opposition force in Iran
Isreal/USA are already planning to create an "Arabic alliance = Arabic NATO" against Iran
So you see, the first phase would be the dirty work which will do the arabs...zionists dont care if hundred millions of arabs will die....if this want work than direct confrontation...the mission is greater Israel and the dominance in the middle east..

What prevents a U.S. attack on Iran are not these defenses or these SAM systems. It is Iran's ridiculously large arsenal of MRBM's pointed at U.S military bases in the region along with Persian Gulf Gulf oil terminals, Gas Plants, Refineries and Storage depots. Along with the threat to shut down the Gulf to all shipping again with its 1000+ missile boats and 10's of thousands of shore based anti-ship missiles along the length and breadth of the Gulf.

That is what prevents an attack on Iran in the cost/ benefit analysis of the West.

Iran has the S-300 in quite limited numbers, and this is an imported system, meaning if anything goes wrong with it, such as need for parts etc, then Iran will need to rely on the Russians. This is what makes it a very limited system, in terms of military value in the context of a major conflict with the US.

The combination of the indigenous Bavar plus all the rest of the Iranian made system is what is of great military importance. No one is saying S-300 is completely useless but lets not overstate its importance. In 2007 it would have been a huge boost for Iran, but in 2016/17? heck no.

As for the difference between Bavar and S-300, even from what we know of Bavar, it's clearly more capable. Radar range is higher, missile range is longer, it has AESA radar which the the S-300 lacks. Explain to me what the S-300 has that Iran needs to incorporate into Bavar? The only issue with bavar, is simply that it is not completely ready for mass production yet, and this in a military context is a problem, because who knows when a conflict is looming?

from software engineering perspective , you can't compare reliability of a software that was written and debugged and updated for more than 30 years ( S300 ) to a software that still is in development phase ....

I'm not familiar to embedded software but from what I knew as web developer , one of most challenging ( and most ignored part by ordinary people ) of a defensive system is it software ....

I doubt B-373 software is as reliable as S-300/S-400 family ( at least for next 5-1o years ) ...

from software engineering perspective , you can't compare reliability of a software that was written and debugged update for more than 30 years ( S300 ) to a software that still is in development phase ....

I'm not familiar to embeded software but from what I knew as web developer , one of most challenging ( and most ignored part by ordinary people ) of a defensive system is it software ....

I doubt B-373 software is as reliable as S-300/S-400 family ( at least for next 5-1o years ) ...

Iran is not new to such software systems, it has plenty of other air defence systems it had/has been working on. But I agree, nothing should be taken lightly in the development of this very complex system. There is a reason this system has been in development for such a long time.

One thing we can be sure of, once the first version of Bavar is bring produced, immediately an upgraded version ha started. This is how Iran work, as you're aware.

Once Bavar is revealed, I prefer them not to showcase the s-300 anymore, why give publicity to this foreign system? we need to start advertising our own system.

Your army become to expensive to be used in actual war ... any major conflict and you will get bankrupt , thats your army greatest weakness ...
sooner or later your country can't back up this money thirsty army ....

Your army become to expensive to be used in actual war ... any major conflict and you will get bankrupt , thats your army greatest weakness ...
sooner or later your country can't back up this money thirsty army ....

In pesareh Iranian-American hast.

In pesareh Iranian-American hast.
His country is where he chooses to live ... that's simple and logical ...

Iran is not new to such software systems, it has plenty of other air defence systems it had/has been working on. But I agree, nothing should be taken lightly in the development of this very complex system. There is a reason this system has been in development for such a long time.

One thing we can be sure of, once the first version of Bavar is bring produced, immediately an upgraded version ha started. This is how Iran work, as you're aware.

Once Bavar is revealed, I prefer them not to showcase the s-300 anymore, why give publicity to this foreign system? we need to start advertising our own system.

S-300 is just another wild factor for our beloved neighbor ...
for sure they would try to negotiate with Prussian on S-300 ( to get accurate information about Iran's S-300 ) and it will be long process and it will give us enough time to strengthen ourselves ( like test B-373 ) ...

anyway , S-300 is dangerous for their 4 and 4++ fighters and they need more than 7 years to get enough F-35 to pose and actual threat ...

Back
Top Bottom