What's new

First pictures from operational S-300 units in IRAN

you must modify the launcher , Bavar is a hot launch system and S-300 is cold Launch.
I think the best can be done is to integrate command system and radars.
I do understand that, but what a cold launch or hot launch has to do with the missile as such? That is about the type of launcher, not the type of the missile..
"A vertical launch system can be either hot launch, where the missile ignites in the cell, or cold launch, where the missile is expelled by gas produced by a gas generator which is not part of the missile itself, and then the missile ignites. "Cold" means relatively cold compared with rocket engine exhaust."
So it is the timing of the ignition which is in question, and I think that can be modified quite easily by the Iranian experts and engineers..

I do understand that, but what a cold launch or hot launch has to do with the missile as such? That is about the type of launcher, not the type of the missile..
"A vertical launch system can be either hot launch, where the missile ignites in the cell, or cold launch, where the missile is expelled by gas produced by a gas generator which is not part of the missile itself, and then the missile ignites. "Cold" means relatively cold compared with rocket engine exhaust."
So it is the timing of the ignition which is in question, and I think that can be modified quite easily by the Iranian experts and engineers..

There is no point in launching Bavar-373 missiles from S-300 launch tubes when we already have our own launchers.

The most likely course of action would be to modify the command and control software of the S-300, and/or the software of the missiles. This would mean that the Bavar-373 missiles would be able to be controlled by the S-300 radars and command and control system. In fact, since the aim is to an integrated air defence systen (IADS), it is hoped the S-300 radars would be able to provide data for all missiles in their vicinity.

There is no point in launching Bavar-373 missiles from S-300 launch tubes when we already have our own launchers.

The most likely course of action would be to modify the command and control software of the S-300, and/or the software of the missiles. This would mean that the Bavar-373 missiles would be able to be controlled by the S-300 radars and command and control system. In fact, since the aim is to an integrated air defence systen (IADS), it is hoped the S-300 radars would be able to provide data for all missiles in their vicinity.
What I mean is that there should be no point of buying other S-300 missiles after the initial inventory, since those that were bought with the system are in limited numbers, also the fact that Iran wants to be self sufficient in military assets, will push the defence ministry to modify some of the Bavar missiles to be launched from the S-300 system to keep the inventory at optimum.. I hope you got the Idea..

maybe some russians have israeli origin , or they like to lick their balls , but that's not the point

an f16 is not stealth , but israel has semi-stealth f-15s and recently has added f-35s too , when the russian s-400 in syria can't do anything against them this so called IR s-300 is complete garbage .

and i know better than you russia won't do anything against israel for iran/hizballa/syria's sake , but iran's s-300 is complete useless.

please tell me, if S-300 PMU-2 (IR) is such a garbage

-> why zionists shitted in theyr pants
-> why zionists did everything possible to block the deal
-> why Netanjahoooo personally visited Putin in Moscow several times?

or maybe was it because S-300 is a very potent defensive weapon?

I don't think it's necessarily garbage it's just that now we have to assume an attack on Iran will be done with stealth fighters exclusively. This brings up that notion of uncertainty since all one can do is speculate.

But at the end of the day the S-300pmu2 is a very good edition no matter what anybody says.

i think you've already got your answer by the above user ^ take a look

"This S-300 was a waste of cash to begin with, post 2010. The only reason Iran finished the contract is because after Iran won the court case, the Russians would have been required to pay billion in fine, therefore, it made more political sense for Iran to just take delivery, it's also a propaganda victory against the zionists and the Americans."

In reality, the military value of this system is much more limited for Iran than people realise. The mass production of the indigenous designed Bavar is much more valuable.

Post was deleted, so I'll paste parts of it again.

This S-300 was a waste of cash to begin with, post 2010. The only reason Iran finished the contract is because after Iran won the court case, the Russians would have been required to pay billion in fine, therefore, it made more political sense for Iran to just take delivery, it's also a propaganda victory against the zionists and the Americans."

In reality, the military value of this system is much more limited for Iran than people realise. The mass production of the indigenous designed Bavar is much more valuable

i think you've already got your answer by the above user ^ take a look

"This S-300 was a waste of cash to begin with, post 2010. The only reason Iran finished the contract is because after Iran won the court case, the Russians would have been required to pay billion in fine, therefore, it made more political sense for Iran to just take delivery, it's also a propaganda victory against the zionists and the Americans."

In reality, the military value of this system is much more limited for Iran than people realise. The mass production of the indigenous designed Bavar is much more valuable.

I don't mean any disrespect but where are you getting the idea that the s-300pmu2 is of little military value?

I'm assuming you mean strategic importance, if that is the case then you're dead wrong. This is a very advanced system, plain and simple with a varied but reliable range of capabilities. Iran will no doubt take a look at this s-300pmu2 and improve its own bavar-373 in the process.

I don't mean any disrespect but where are you getting the idea that the s-300pmu2 is of little military value?

I'm assuming you mean strategic importance, if that is the case then you're dead wrong. This is a very advanced system, plain and simple with a varied but reliable range of capabilities. Iran will no doubt take a look at this s-300pmu2 and improve its own bavar-373 in the process.

Iran has the S-300 in quite limited numbers, and this is an imported system, meaning if anything goes wrong with it, such as need for parts etc, then Iran will need to rely on the Russians. This is what makes it a very limited system, in terms of military value in the context of a major conflict with the US.

The combination of the indigenous Bavar plus all the rest of the Iranian made system is what is of great military importance. No one is saying S-300 is completely useless but lets not overstate its importance. In 2007 it would have been a huge boost for Iran, but in 2016/17? heck no.

As for the difference between Bavar and S-300, even from what we know of Bavar, it's clearly more capable. Radar range is higher, missile range is longer, it has AESA radar which the the S-300 lacks. Explain to me what the S-300 has that Iran needs to incorporate into Bavar? The only issue with bavar, is simply that it is not completely ready for mass production yet, and this in a military context is a problem, because who knows when a conflict is looming?

Post was deleted, so I'll paste parts of it again.

This S-300 was a waste of cash to begin with, post 2010. The only reason Iran finished the contract is because after Iran won the court case, the Russians would have been required to pay billion in fine, therefore, it made more political sense for Iran to just take delivery, it's also a propaganda victory against the zionists and the Americans."

In reality, the military value of this system is much more limited for Iran than people realise. The mass production of the indigenous designed Bavar is much more valuable
Mate, that was not S-300. I would agree that it was delivered under S-300's name but contained S-400's ABM missiles and it's universal command Centre. The communication relay of S-350 Vityaz was attached to it.
Bavar is a newly developed hot launch ABM-SAM system. The 100% reliability of such system needs years of research and study but the delivered S-300 contains ABM-technology and it will fix Bavar's lack of long time study and tests.
It is not only an S-300 but a combination of S-300PMU2 S-400 S-350Vityaz. Brilliant system
Thank you Russia, that was a great system!

"we have to assume an attack on Iran will be done with stealth fighters exclusively."

what do you mean with "stealth", do yo u think they are invisible or what?
there is no 100% "stealth"
remember rq-170 back in 2011?
it had the latest technology, it was an CIA drone, not even the us army had the technology
but iranians managed to take control over it....
asymetric warfare baby!
so you see, there is no "stealth", you can still track them with optoelectronics, thermal cams and so on..
and you can fight against them with electronic warfare, there are possibilities..
S-300 PMU2 should be good against balistic missile, cruise missiles...

Mate, that was not S-300. I would agree that it was delivered under S-300's name but contained S-400's ABM missiles and it's universal command Centre. The communication relay of S-350 Vityaz was attached to it.
Bavar is a newly developed hot launch ABM-SAM system. The 100% reliability of such system needs years of research and study but the delivered S-300 contains ABM-technology and it will fix Bavar's lack of long time study and tests.
It is not only an S-300 but a combination of S-300PMU2 S-400 S-350Vityaz. Brilliant system
Thank you Russia, that was a great system!

What you said did not counter my main issues with this imported system, did it? limited numbers and the very fact its an imported system is an issue.
Bavar has been in development for 10 years, you're talking as if its development was started yesterday.

Maybe the S-300 Iran has does indeed posses better anti ballistic missile capability, but, the main threats facing Iran in the aerospace realm are fighter jets, cruise missile and UAV's.
Bavar-373 it self has anti ballistic missile capabilities, but here is a simple fact, neither Bavar nor s-300 will be capable of dealing with long range ballistic missiles such as those possessed by the Israelis and some of the other regional nations. To deal with those, Iran will need a proper anti ballistic missile system. Therefore, talking about anti BM capabilities is a moot point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom