What's new

First pic of RLV-TD : Reusable Launch Vehicle to take off next week

They'll have to crash it in sea as it would need a 4-5 km long runway to land which they lack near testing site.....ISRO is planning to build a 4-5 km long runway near sri harikota though...(only in future)

Didn't know they actually need that long of a runway. Good info thx.
Landing experiment is the next stage, hope they don't take too much time. Hoping for a perfect launch.
Best of luck ISRO.

Very impressive. ISRO and India's space program has come a long way since its humble beginnings. The RLV-TD will make India the fourth nation to test such a concept.

Will the vehicle have its own power for its ascent, or is it provided by the booster?
Wasnt china working on a similar programme ?

Wasnt china working on a similar programme ?

Correct; the Project 921-3, or the Divine Dragon.

It completed drop tests in 2007 and a suborbital flight in 2011, but no news has come of it since.

SL-1.jpg

shen-long-space-plane-closeup.jpg

China-shenlong.jpg

Last edited:
Correct; the Project 921-3, or the Divine Dragon.

It completed drop tests in 2007 and a suborbital flight in 2011, but no news has come of it since.
Ok maybe they are concentrating more on other programmes like the space station i guess . Goodluck to u guys

Ok maybe they are concentrating more on other programmes like the space station i guess . Goodluck to u guys

A two-stage-to-orbit vehicle is (and should be) a major focus for any manned program, including space stations. It dramatically mitigates the cost of both manned and unmanned missions alike. Hence, in this sense, I believe that the Chinese are continuing with this project, possibly by merging it with concurrent launch vehicle programs.

I'm sure Chinese members here will appreciate your comment. :)

Back
Top Bottom