What's new

ISRO RLV-LEX autonomous landing mission

NagaBaba

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) early on Sunday successfully conducted the reusable launch vehicle (RLV) autonomous landing mission or RLV-LEX at the Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) in Challakere, Chitradurga, some 220km from Bengaluru. The space agency used a scaled down version of the RLV technology demonstrator (RLV—TD)

@Skull and Bones @INDIAPOSITIVE

Doesn't look like a very controlled flight. In my opinion it was too fast & one drag shoot wasn't enough. It almost tipped over at the end.
Its basically a tech demonstrator. We are long way from the real RLV. But step by step we will reach there!!

Doesn't look like a very controlled flight. In my opinion it was too fast & one drag shoot wasn't enough. It almost tipped over at the end.
That's one of the best landings I have seen, what do you mean by not very controlled? In the end, the pilot swerved to shift the momentum and make the RLV stop. Tipped over? No.

The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) early on Sunday successfully conducted the reusable launch vehicle (RLV) autonomous landing mission or RLV-LEX at the Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) in Challakere, Chitradurga, some 220km from Bengaluru. The space agency used a scaled down version of the RLV technology demonstrator (RLV—TD)

@Skull and Bones @INDIAPOSITIVE
Great achievement! Congratulations!

As a controls engineer I believe this was an extremely good autolaunding considering the scale of the craft.

That's one of the best landings I have seen, what do you mean by not very controlled? In the end, the pilot swerved to shift the momentum and make the RLV stop. Tipped over? No.
Well then you haven't seen good landings I'm afraid. Unless your pilot is a former rikshaw driver that's not how you stop anything on a runway.

Great achievement! Congratulations!

As a controls engineer I believe this was an extremely good autolaunding considering the scale of the craft.
The landing was too fast for it's size & hence it required longer runway. I don't need to be control engineer to tell you that.

The landing was too fast for it's size & hence it required longer runway. I don't need to be control engineer to tell you that.
If you're unwilling to listen to experts them no one can help you. Never go to a doctor whenever you get sick, just do whatever feels right, ok guy?

Not that you deserve a technical response but for the broader audiences' sake: it's coming in fast because:
A. It's a tailless Delta configuration like the shuttle so it has higher landing speeds and/or higher angle of attacks.
B. It has gained a lot of kinetic energy in its flight and bleeding off that energy requires S-maneuvers, which are either not implemented yet or are not very effective at this scale.

If anything the higher speed makes the landing even more impressive.

Back
Top Bottom