What's new

First Kamra Made JF17 to Fly on 23rd Nov...

This is confusing, First i heard that PAF will use varient of Griffo S-7, then came in KLJ-7 and here i have got KLJ-10

KLJ-7 is a miniaturized (some people wrongly take it as "Degraded":lol:) version of KLJ-10. It has been miniaturized for fitting into JF-17's nose. KLJ-10 is used by PLAAF in J-11 and J-10. Grifo S-7 is long out of PAF's shopping list and I dont see any AESA coming into JF' as well. This is because of the "in house" role. When AWACS providing coverage over Pakistan i think there is no need for thunder going AESA. Lets see What PAF envisages for block 3's role so that the Choice of a new radar comes in.

ALHAM-DU-LILLAH,

However, i was expecting an open air ceremoney inwhich the first "Made in Pakistan" JF17 would have taken its flight.
The fly past cermonies for JF17 has already taken place on pakistan day parades.
Any way, the yesterdays JF17 ceremony looks very much similar to the one we had in USA for our F16-C/D. I think the ceremony organizers seems very much impressed with the f16 presentation ceremony.:victory:

may be because that pak air force is focusing on to have AIM-120C in bulk instead of less effective SD-10

Last edited:
e77e0b7999fd06574754d49560da2cd4.jpg

One of the best moments of Gilanies Life.

Probably he is asking where is my name?
We should not forget the vision of Musharraf, dedication of ex-PAF cheif and hard work of project directors / project engineers.
PPP added only redtapes to the production process.
Although it is a moment of joy but since 2006, things had been slow down immensly.
First two production thunders were flying in Pakistan airspace in march 2006 and today after 3 years what we have acheived can not be termed as praise worthy progress.
If we would have continued with the same pace as in development phase than we could have acheived this mile stone back in 2007 or early 2008.
:china::pakistan:

can someone link me to an older discussion that shows PAC/PAF contributions towards the project (apart from the funding)

i know we gave word-by-word requirements which would also lead to certain systems being used over others etc. and we helped with some of the design aspects. Can anybody steer me towards most accurate answer

Probably he is asking where is my name?
We should not forget the vision of Musharraf, dedication of ex-PAF cheif and hard work of project directors / project engineers.
PPP added only redtapes to the production process.
Although it is a moment of joy but since 2006, things had been slow down immensly.
First two production thunders were flying in Pakistan airspace in march 2006 and today after 3 years what we have acheived can not be termed as praise worthy progress.
If we would have continued with the same pace as in development phase than we could have acheived this mile stone back in 2007 or early 2008.
:china::pakistan:

Correction first JF-17 flew in March 2007 rather than March 2006.Please get ur facts right.......we got 8 Thunders in 2007-2008 and this the first self produced......thus its bin only 2 years....Plz be happy it is a cause of happiness as a nation nowadays we get very few of them so enjoy it fully
Pakistan Zindabad:pakistan:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1、paf testing jf17(2007-2008)
2、chengdu Earthquake (2008)

^^ Sorry! my mistake.... that memorable MARCH felt so far away ;)
Any how i think the earth quake is main reason which i also forgot....so thanks for reminding. But i still expect to see 20 ~ 25 a/c rolling out of each factory / year.
Gentlemen....where are the pictures in green?
ca3e3921992b67ffcddc34c310f10b79.jpg

^^ Sorry! my mistake.... that memorable MARCH felt so far away ;)
Any how i think the earth quake is main reason which i also forgot....so thanks for reminding. But i still expect to see 20 ~ 25 a/c rolling out of each factory / year.Gentlemen....where are the pictures in green?
F200911251048541902614157.jpg

it is impossible ,i don't think pac can produce 20-25 JF-17s /year!

maybe like this :

2010--------12
2011---------15
2012----------18

it is impossible ,i don't think pac can produce 20-25 JF-17s /year!

maybe like this :

2010--------12
2011---------15
2012----------18

What slows down the production rate of the PAC ? Initially it was suggested that PAC would produce 20 JF-17s a year. Even that is not enough to satisfy the requirements of the PAF. We have to keep in mind that within 2-3 year it is going to be a bit too old when compared with advanced fighters of the west.

Back
Top Bottom