What's new

First Female F-16 Pilot of Pakistan Air Force

I seriously doubt that the woman pilot would be better than all the ignored male pilots; it's like a statement above and beyond anything else.
Living here in usa. I personally know a lot of women who can put most men to shame. Intellectual and apt decision making (being decisive), cold hearted ruthlessness(bold and focused to attain the goals), physically strong with great endurance(they can hold their own and their nerves). The reason we don't see it that common in Pakistan is because of how we interpret the roles. I did a lot of competitive skiing and when we used to do our physical exercises I have seen first hand the endurance factor of some of the ladies. I think it is all about exposure and what you want to attain in life. Of course physical advantages(strength) are an issue, but honestly that does not play into fighter pilot role as much.

You're forgetting, the white master has decided that women should be in combat. How can the slave do otherwise than follow?
It was the women who pushed the retreating men by tent poles in yarmouk against byzantine army. They fought too! Not sure where this white master complex comes in here.

Last edited:
No, it's part of our religion.
My wife wears Hijab in UK, and I never asked her to do so.
It's her own choice.
Covering hair is part of woman's ستر
You missed my point, I was being sarcastic about Western and Indian views on Hijab especially the ongoing debate in India where Muslim girls wearing hijab cannot go to college.

If only as a Flying Officer, she made it onto the Viper Squadron, it surely proves her credentials.
That, and PAF needs lots more pilots now due to new inductions.
Previously they only took experienced pilots for conversion into JF-17, but now with Thunder B, they can take essence experienced pilots and train them for Thunders.
I guess they doing the same for Eff Solaa noe. Takeess experienced pilots and train them in dual seater for F-16.
I wonder what's the plan with J-10C?
Same as previously for JF-17, when they didn't feel the need of dual seater, and just take well experienced pilots from elsewhere? Will they do the same with J-10 or have dual seater?

Has anyone thought if one of these female pilots was to get shot down and captured by the enemy?

Women should not be in any combat roles for this very reason.
They'll never be abhinondone-d
So we don't have to worry about that and think with that pessimistic mentality

tbh the more interesting point is that No.19 Squadron seems to have a lot of young F-16 pilots.

So, has the process now evolved where after you finish FCU/LIFT, you basically move to either No.19 to become a career F-16 pilot or to No.18 and become a career JF-17 pilot? And then from there, a few select pilots (from both F-16 and JF-17) go onto the J-10CE?

IMO, the fact that there's potentially a whole F-16 stream now (where you'd start early in your career) still sets up the possibility of an advanced model F-16 coming down the line. I wouldn't say new F-16s, but I can see the PAF still try getting the V-upgrade for the Block-52 and, possibly, used Block-32s.

@kursed @blain2

tbh the more interesting point is that No.19 Squadron seems to have a lot of young F-16 pilots.

So, has the process now evolved where after you finish FCU/LIFT, you basically move to either No.19 to become a career F-16 pilot or to No.18 and become a career JF-17 pilot? And then from there, a few select pilots (from both F-16 and JF-17) go onto the J-10CE?

@kursed @blain2
I believe F-16 folks crossed the rubicon first, JF should be following it soon after.

Pit a woman against a man at anything, sports, wrestling, operating vehicles etc., and 9 times out of 10 they will be beaten. I am not one to demean women, I consider them to be far superior to men in status (as a mother, daughter, wife & sister) but to send them into combat against other men is just insane, that's all.
However, pit a woman against a man behind a computer etc. and you will find both of them quite equal to the task. The face of air combat is changing and it is much more about how people process the information than sustaining G's (that is needed too and women, in good shape, have been found to handle G's just as well as men). Keep in mind the automation within the cockpit and the commentary that AC Kaiser Tufail provided about how the face of air warfare has changed now.

Sending women into combat operations in an offensive capacity may not be a good choice, but in air defense roles over own air space, it may be worth considering.

IMO, the fact that there's potentially a whole F-16 stream now (where you'd start early in your career) still sets up the possibility of an advanced model F-16 coming down the line. I wouldn't say new F-16s, but I can see the PAF still try getting the V-upgrade for the Block-52 and, possibly, used Block-32s.

@kursed @blain2
Anecdotally, my understanding is that many pilots are going to the F-16 stream directly on account of more F-16s available in the inventory and also because the hop from a trainer to a Chinese or a French platform and then finally to the F-16 has run its course in terms of benefit and there is a realization that if started early, the younger pilots do better focusing on flying the F-16 and employing it instead of unlearning habits from other aircraft.

Others may know differently.

Well done my dear sister, Allah give you the same strength as our beloved Safiya, the Prophet's aunt(ra) had when she faced the enemy.

Safiyah said:

“When the Messenger of Allah (may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) went out to the Battle of the Trench, he put the women of his household in a fortress called Fari’ and assigned Hassan ibn Thabit to look after us. A Jewish man then came and climbed the fortress until he was able to see us. I asked Hassan to rise up and kill him but he said that if he could do so, he would have been with the Prophet (peace be upon him) and would not have been assigned to look after the women. I then rose up and killed him and cut his head off. I then asked Hassan to drag the head of the invader to the enemy who were at the bottom side of the fortress. He swore by Allah that he would not do so. So I took the head and threw it at them. The enemy then said, ‘We know that this man [meaning the Prophet (peace be upon him)] would not leave behind his family without someone to look after them.' So they dispersed….”
Yoonus ibn Bukhayr said,

“She was the first Muslim woman to kill a polytheist.”

She is so humble.

I seriously doubt that the woman pilot would be better than all the ignored male pilots; it's like a statement above and beyond anything else.
You are very narrow minded.
Let me tell u one place where women excel over men simply due to physiology and biology. Women can endure a greater g loading than almost all male pilots. Go figure out why.
If they can withstand higher g loading what do u think happens in air combat ??

I am not impressed!

Fighting is not the role of women, it is best left to men......especially when there are more men available for the job than required.
There are talkers and there are doers.

She is doing it

You are talking it.

Women are better than men at trolling.
No all men it seems

Back
Top Bottom