What's new

First Antivirus from Pakistan

its more like a Windows Recovery SW , coupled with AV feature ...

First South Asian Antivirus from Pakistan

What a bunch of crap!!

I have been using Indias Pune based , CAT(centre for antivirus technologies) QUick-Heal Total Security. One of the top 10 global antivirus package. ANd also, Bangalore based escan etc.

There are loads of Indian antivirus companies working since god knows when.

"First South Asian Antivirus" being pakistani is very very ridiculous and laughable claim. :woot:

h_t_t_p:_//_www_quickheal_com/

Last edited:
I don't care, Its S.A's first or not! But it is developed and it is made by students rather than a commercial entity employing skilled professionals to make money, thats some good piece of news.. !!!

Good effort by those guys!!:pakistan:

its more like a Windows Recovery SW , coupled with AV feature ...

yup.. its not just an anti-virus and features are distinguishing!!

Last edited:
Well it could.. by going through office buffer or looking into traces in the hard drive. But not a good idea for a anti virus which will produce some unreliable output.

Not sure what exactly it will do here.. Hope it will not stop other software to function properly.

My Norton does that all the time and a very very old feature not the first.

Not the job of a anti virus, windows recovery alreay have that feature. This product could use only windows recovery for that.

Fix everything by a antivirus???? I hope it could configure my router too... :-)

The bigger the virus definition file the better the anti virus. Thats the key for a successfull antivirus software. It requires a huge team to collect analyze all new viruses their way of attacking the system and continuosly keeping updates. Hope some big funding will come at the way of this talented kid which could make this project a success. Otherwise I will just give him a A++ for his college project and wish him luck to find a job in Symantec or Panda.

Regarding virus definitions i agree with you, but it doesn't mean there is a feature in norton then nobody should develop it.

If it will recover data éven if we suppose its gonna be unreliable, so no matter how much and how accurate it is, it will at least be better than nothing and this feature can later be enhanced.

Windows can recover data, but that also sucks sometime!!!
and similarly it can be said, Windows has self scanner too then why make antivirus!

Its good to see these guys haven't just developed an antivirus by definition, they have created a security suite with distinguishing features !!

And yeah if they get funding, then it can be further refined for the market!!

Last edited:
I have used almost all the major anti virus packages available out there.
I don't mind giving this one a shot.

But there is no free trial offer. Sad!

Cannot buy an anti virus without trying it first.

Good job but few points.
1) it is not Asia first as claimed, there are many AV in India and other countries too, also they are been sold for years as compared this being a demo.
2) Since it is done by individuals it might not have gone through rigorous testing that happens and needs lot of testers and infrastructure. So anyone who knows software will know what I am talking about. It will surely have 100's of bugs if not more.

Still overall good job and not an easy task to do even if half of what is claimed works, he did awesome job. I just hate fanboys not understanding software to overclaim. Last time a customized version of IE was claimed as build from scratch, 2 years gone that fastest browser is no where to be found.

Note:- I am ex employee of Symantec, so I know what I am talking.

Last edited:
Good job.. But are you sure its the 1st in South Asia? I have been hearing about Indian anti virus software since ages

Well u didn't read the thread properly he wrote Antivirus from Pakistan not in South Asia........you guys always think in negative way....

And for ur kind information the first Virus (Brain Virus) of the world was developed by Pakistani Students from Engineering University of Lahore.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Quick Heal
Indian Anti Virus
Net Protector(Latest Version is Net protector 2010)
Epic Browser(In Built anti Virus Software with Automatic Updation and Healing)

There are many Buddy, Cant find them all

Epic uses ESET NOD32 antivirus.
Somebody mentioned zone-alarm... I think it uses Kaspersky virus definitions.

on topic: Congrats to the developers for this achievement.

Can we get over the South Asia part, the mistake has been corrected.. get over it please.

Those who do not like the design and methodology , please !!!! rather than whining go and try to make one.

hats off to the developers and i hope they iron out bugs..
Any new software is prone to bugs and issues ... by time they get ironed out..

Im gonna try this..congrats to the developers.btw does anyone know why the present anti virus market is dominated by old soviet bloc countries?

I am using quickheal total security 2010 version 11 myself and let me tell you its awesome better than crappy kaspersky i was using before

Im gonna try this..congrats to the developers.btw does anyone know why the present anti virus market is dominated by old soviet bloc countries?

It is a racket, if you will. Most new viruses are created by the smaller antivirus companies to make sure their "demand" doesn't go down. And a large part of viral mischief comes from Russia and eastern Europe.

I will also try..before buying if it for home use..costs less than 200 $$$ if this goes to encourage some students.

Back
Top Bottom