What's new

Firing between Pak-Afghan forces at Torkham border

This Afghan post is confirmed as Javed Sanger---- it was hit by an Arty shell---(causing multiple afghan casualties)----many other posts were destroyed or captured..;

View attachment 310511

Sounds like afghans are hiding their casualties ...
Our Gunners are best remember during Kargil we destroy ammunition dump.

Heavy firing continues for the last about 50 minutes between Pakistani and Afghan forces at Torkham border over construction of gate at the border.
Afg posts on fire..you can hear boom sounds , I hope they will Learn a lesson this time :D

@Horu @DESERT FIGHTER

Last edited:
It is very hard to know the facts on the ground as to what started this whole episode, thus I would say its to early to comment.

Hope things calm down sooner rather later, remember it's the sons of the poor families on both sides that die, while some of the keyboard warriors will shit their pants if they hear a bullet weez over the heads are war mongering over here. Pathetic!

Would be nice if you can moderate some of the keyboard warriors over here who are being obscene with their posts.
Real people with real families die in these incidents.

Thank you.

/peace.
Man why don't you join quora ? There are many questions relating to Afghanistan there and hardly any Afghans present there to answer them..you will be a very good addition to it..hope you will oblige !y request.

This is unfortunate. Both countries should resolve their border disputes through dialogues. I hope the situation diffuses and peace prevails.

PESHAWAR: The border authorities of Pakistan and Afghanistan on Wednesday formally agreed over ceasefire at Torkham and waved white flags on both sides of the border, it has been learnt.

According to security sources, the border authorities of both the sides met for a short meeting following which they waved white flags on their respective sides.

The construction work on Torkham gate also started following the ceasefire announcement.

Earlier in the day, an Afghan official said that renewed clashes at Pakistan-Afghan border crossing have killed an Afghan border guard and wounded five others, with Pakistan saying it has dispatched more troops and weapons to the volatile border amid an escalation in tension between the two neighbors.

Pakistan officials maintain that the unprovoked firing from Afghan forces is disrupting border management efforts by Pakistan Army.

"Strengthening of management and facilitation of the movement of people and vehicles across the border is an important part of counter-terrorism effort and also for checking drug trafficking and other illegal activities," Adviser to Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz said in an official statement on Wednesday.

Aziz said that durable peace and stability across the border cannot be achieved without taking effective measures for strengthening border controls.

"Border management is aimed at addressing the common concern of infiltration and hence to enhance mutual security of both the countries and their peoples", he remarked, and added the two sides should resolve issues through dialogue.

Afghan border police official Jamal Khan said the guard was killed late Tuesday. Another Afghan guard was killed the first night of the violence and a Pakistani officer wounded in the border clashes died on Tuesday.

Pakistan's security officials confirmed the latest exchange of fire but say the ceasefire is now holding.

1466006794913.jpg
1466006696772.jpg

It seems they have backed off and assured us that they won't interfere in this matter. Looks like those afghans who were wishing for invasion of Pakistan and war and going nuts on social media in their hatred will either be severely disappointed or will go nuts and start trolling. A mix of both perhaps.

You know looking at the drub at social media these last few days, I got a lot of newfound respect for our non Pakistani posters. :p :p

Man why don't you join quora ? There are many questions relating to Afghanistan there and hardly any Afghans present there to answer them..you will be a very good addition to it..hope you will oblige !y request.

Sounds like a good idea :)

This is unfortunate. Both countries should resolve their border disputes through dialogues. I hope the situation diffuses and peace prevails.
Pakistan tried, Afghanistan doesn't want to talk.

It seems that Pakistan will continue construction of the gate, just as I said will happen.

I don't believe the Afghans are done just yet, they're going to try and do something stupid, I can just feel it in my bones.

View attachment 310605 View attachment 310606

It seems they have backed off and assured us that they won't interfere in this matter. Looks like those afghans who were wishing for invasion of Pakistan and war and going nuts on social media in their hatred will either be severely disappointed or will go nuts and start trolling. A mix of both perhaps.

You know looking at the drub at social media these last few days, I got a lot of newfound respect for our non Pakistani posters. :p :p

Irrespective of what the Afghans want, Pakistan must complete the job at hand and construct the Torkham gate at all cost. The Torkham gate needs to be replicated at other volatile places of the border. If Pakistan seeks to be a viable state, it is a prerequisite to control every inch of the territory. Cross border movement is out of the question. Currently a staggering number of Afghans enter Pakistan illegally on a daily basis. Perhaps the only border region in the world where you can enter another country so easily without valid paperwork. Needless to say, but this cannot go on any longer.

Pakistan tried, Afghanistan doesn't want to talk.

It seems that Pakistan will continue construction of the gate, just as I said will happen.

I don't believe the Afghans are done just yet, they're going to try and do something stupid, I can just feel it in my bones.
I was right...

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1123855...border-afghan-pakistan-forces-continue-clash/

It also seems that the local Afghan border police isn't listening to government, nor the military, as it has vowed to stop the construction of the gate, no matter the cost.

The fact that pakistan army is holding its nerve really tells us how lucky ana is. All it will take for pak army is half a day or less to silence their aggresion once and for all

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom