What's new

Firing at a Gurudwara in US, several people shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to drop any names but i go to the biggest mosque in nyc. It's close to Harlem. I always see a mature and diverse crowd there so i don't know. Plus it's not far from my apt. I am moving in two weeka though to Connecticut.

Mad expensive there yaar. $4 dollars for a slice of pizza. :frown:

I don't want to drop any names but i go to the biggest mosque in nyc. It's close to Harlem. I always see a mature and diverse crowd there so i don't know. Plus it's not far from my apt. I am moving in two weeka though to Connecticut.

Well, there are two I know, one on e 116 st called the shehbaz mosque after Malcolm x and the other one on 3rd ave and 90 something street, is that the one you are talking about?

They gonna have it this year? With ramazaan and all.

I don't know perhaps. :blink:

Well, there are two I know them, one on e 116 st called the shehbaz mosque after Malcolm x and the other one on 3rd ave and 90 something street, is that the one you are talking about?

He talking about ICC NYC.

Well, If they have the parade then sounds good for the meet up

One one hand there seems to be a sincere talk on Islamophobia while on the other there are talks about a meet between people of Pakistani origin. What is with the rabid disregard to life. How can one talk about a meet on a thread that is discussing a massacre of civilians? You guys are something...

Well, If they have the parade then sounds good for the meet up

Alright if anything lmk if I can make it that day sure.

One one hand there seems to be a sincere talk on Islamophobia while on the other there are talks about a meet between people of Pakistani origin. What is with the rabid disregard to life. How can one talk about a meet on a thread that is discussing a massacre of civilians? You guys are something...

Hey hey in our defense we were a part of the gun culture talk.

Between that, I like the newly coined word "Domestic terrorism". Not sure it will stay as a superficial term or will have wide ramification like application of terror laws if ever someone is caught alive.

very true,
I have my doubts if it will stay
maybe the good police chief would have to take his words back.
because as far as Americans are concerned (well most of the west for that matter) terrorism = Islam.

just think for a moment, this guy or that guy who splayed the cinema goers some time ago could have been in the US military, killing the brown "I" - raaqis or Afgans and getting all the praise and hail by American blowhards for defending American freedom. (if in doubt then look up the tributes and praise for the American kill teams who collect body parts of Iraqi and Afghan civilians)

the American military recruiters would be kicking themselves for not identifying these killers soon enough and enlisting them in the army to send off to distant lands to defend American freedom... what a waste..

imagine that.

this incident reminds me that madness, hatred or downright bigotry has no specific race, religion or ethnicity. man is an animal at root no matter how much socially evolved. he is only more creative now and can think of far more reasons to resort to violence against intruders in his feeding grounds or turf".

in short, be i or any religious fanatic or an athirst fascist from east or west, for me they are all worthless piece of trash and I despise them equally.

since no "Muslim" connection has been established to this shooting "yet". I see media is in a bit of a fix on how to play it. but sadly rest assured, Al Qaeda will give the Western media enough opportunities to blame Islam once again for any future violence.
until then lets join together and grieve for the innocent loss of life

Secondly, its nothing to do with guns. More people are shot in NYC where guns are highly illegal and no one is even allowed to own one, while in states where there are more legal guns per person crime rate is considerably low.

wrong, guns are not highly illegal in NYC. You have to get a license but they are not even close to illegal. The highest rate pf gun deaths per 100,000 people happen in states with loose gun laws, states like montana, wyoming and nevada

shooter identified as former US soldier.... moron :hitwall:

Excerpt from: Sources name alleged gunman in Wisconsin temple shooting - CNN.com

The man who shot six people to death and wounded three others during a rampage at a Sikh temple in a Milwaukee suburb was an Army veteran who may have been a white supremacist, according to a law enforcement source involved in the investigation.

Law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation named him Monday as Wade Michael Page, 40. One law enforcement official said he owned the gun used in the shooting legally.

He had apparently served on active duty, a U.S. official familiar with his record said. The source declined to give further details.

A guy filled with hate, a neo-Nazi - burn in hell mutha-fkr

R..I.P.

I'm sorry but the whole "it's not guns that kill people, people kill people" is utter BS used by gun activists to justify their views.

Same as "Religion does not kill people, its the followers who kill".

Double Standard ?

That being said, I am not an advocate for a gun-culture especially in ghairat ridden societies like India.

Would it have been ok either way?
IF the redneck was stupid enough to mistake Sikhs for Muslims.. that does not take away the presence of Islamophobia from this case.
I dont think he meant it was ok to kill some Muslims.

Just the views of that neighbour as to what could have been the motive,

Offtopic :

I like how some people are saying they were probably mistaken for Muslims. So if the shooter attacked a mosque, it would be perfectly ok?

If an asteroid is heading towards earth and you have the power to control it - either the vatican or some remote village in africa what would you chose ? Why blame people for normal human reaction that would care for the near ones first and then the rest of the society ?

The guy was a former psychologist.

Maybe a trip to Afghanistan screwed him up, and he let loose after storing up some anger and then mistaking Sikhs for Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom