What's new

Finally! Made in India Smart Phones as Micromax starts to manufacture at home!

I can't try harder to make sense out of nonsense.
ya exactly. You need to bring your attitude in every discussion :woot:
If it is really hard for you to keep dicussion in normal tone just igonre me. I will do the same. Anyways whats the point in replying to something you see as a non-sense.
You said a US free trade agreement with India meant dumping cheaper goods into India.
Your understanding is not my problem. Do read again. Dont put your word in my mouth. You are bringing cheaper term in different context..
I am saying US strong hold in electronics and machinery and high tech will kill indian industry which is new and less capable. US and EU industry is already established so they will be cheaper than India product and not cheap as you are misunderstanding.
Is it hard to understand ???

You were wrong, because US goods are not what I call cheaper goods like the chinese ones. in fact it will benefit india more because since it costs less to produce goods for India and will increase indian products exports of a higher quality into a country with the strongest purchasing power.
why are you so obsessed with China ??? keep china out. I didnt mention them in any of it. Point is one who can mass produce can sell at lower price. Doesn't have to be dirt cheap eg indian generic pharmacy.
My point is different. You seem to lost it all the way
what can indian export? India | Office of the United States Trade Representative more of what is listed in there
Forget what can. Tell me what is India exporting.
US is protecting its primary sector? what is that sector and what protections are in place?
Agriculture. You really want me to write on it ??? I thought world knows about it as it is the main troubled cause in almost all trade agreements.
Do you read the article ???
"The BTIA is not a traditional FTA...it is much more ambitious and goes far beyond that. We have made substantial progress in the negotiations on chemicals, textiles and several other sectors. But yes, some important gaps do remain. We are waiting to see what happens in the Indian Parliament on insurance...One has to be patient in democratic politics," said a senior EU official.
Another big "gap" is the EU insistence on reduction of import duties on "cars and car parts", which India is reluctant to undertake to protect its domestic industry that provides large employment and is faced with dipping demand. "India cannot continue to have such high import tariffs (from 60% to 100% depending on engine size) on passenger cars," he said.
"We do not expect India to fully remove duties on cars. But we need to find a good compromise formula. We know it is difficult political moment for India to take a decision now. But if we can bridge the gaps, it will be a done deal," he added.
And you say GOI share your opinion based on
"Top EU officials now virtually acknowledge that further progress"
:undecided: good luck

Again reply only if you can resist the urge to use "nonsense" for what you think is wrong. I am not the fan of nonsense either.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom