What's new

FC-31 v2.0 First flight 2016.12.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend, J31 and TFX are in the same category. Either J31 or TFX, PAF won't operate two types of 5th gen in the same time. It's a tough choice you have to make, it takes some time. Several points need to be take care of: time of available, sanction free, specification demand, price, production capacity, Maintenance and after service.
J31 is already at very advance stages of prototype being tested and first flight conduct while Turkey TFX design has yet to finalise, not to mention prototype being build and tested.

I dont think it is a tough call which project shall picked.

My friend, J31 and TFX are in the same category. Either J31 or TFX, PAF won't operate two types of 5th gen in the same time. It's a tough choice you have to make, it takes some time. Several points need to be take care of: time of available, sanction free, specification demand, price, production capacity, Maintenance and after service.
bro j31 is multirole while tfx is air superiorty

so in summary , i predict 2 stealth fighters in paf operational by 2031....J31 along with TFX/paf 5th gen
PAF would like to have single engine stealth aircraft as well. This would have been very possible had the Turkey selected the single engine design over the one that they are making. PAF might be interested in that as it would offer a complete package for Western options. Single engine design replaces F-16's (aprox 100-110 single engine and 40 - 50 twin engine for air superiority)

Stealth aircraft designed from the JF-17 program even a single engine to replace the JF-17's and Twin engine J-31 for air superiority to complete Eastern options.

Having 200-300 single engine Stealth and 100-200 air superiority would be a real threat to any one. It fulfills the 400-500 fighter aircraft doctrine that PAF intends to maintain for the next 30-40 years.

"Resource,expertise,influence"
No, turkey can contribute nothing, except some funds.
Just like India to Russia in T50 project,even less
This is not the 80's where Turkey was not that capable...Now things are developing and Turkey is rising towards the formal glory.
You should not be shocked...everyone is not Einstein...

36 Rafaels are for sure and in case of a war all 36 will be on Pakistani border .... You can ut F16 and jf17 block 3 against rafael but then numbers has to be higher to give a tough time but IAF will counter this approach by sending MKI, mirrages and Migs
India can not afford that as they know that this time they would be facing a two front war. If some how India decides to procure the actual MMRCA numbers then yes it would be heading to Pakistan airspace.

What is known that the IAF wanted Rafales for their good low level flying characteristics indicating strike role, where as air superiority still would remain the primary goal of the SU-30MKI's and Mig 29's.

Would China allow a JV with Pakistan for J-31 production?

Would China allow a JV with Pakistan for J-31 production?
May be not. They fear that technology and other possible strength/weakness of this jet will fall in U.S.A hands because U.S.A is old ally of Pakistan. But we can buy their 5th gen fighters with minimum restrictions also with soft loans.

Last edited:
Relation between china and pakistan is special, we take pks as an all weather friends.
So pakistan is always an exception although there is danger of technology leakage.
But there will be a solution to keep the intellectual property safe.

Last edited:
PAF would like to have single engine stealth aircraft as well. This would have been very possible had the Turkey selected the single engine design over the one that they are making. PAF might be interested in that as it would offer a complete package for Western options. Single engine design replaces F-16's (aprox 100-110 single engine and 40 - 50 twin engine for air superiority)

Stealth aircraft designed from the JF-17 program even a single engine to replace the JF-17's and Twin engine J-31 for air superiority to complete Eastern options.

Having 200-300 single engine Stealth and 100-200 air superiority would be a real threat to any one. It fulfills the 400-500 fighter aircraft doctrine that PAF intends to maintain for the next 30-40 years.

You raised a very valid point and this is what i guess will happen. Its also possible that PAF may make the single engine version of TFX in PAC and single engines would be available to export only through PAC . Dunno whether the delta version will be considered or not...mEanwhile we will also have J-31 as twin engine

The PAF has seen the specs of this jet and so far is still debating. The aircraft's primary focus is supporting the J-20 and a naval version for PLAN.

The PAF has seen the specs of this jet and so far is still debating. The aircraft's primary focus is supporting the J-20 and a naval version for PLAN.
Your sentence is also right and also dont forget , SAC pushed for 2nd prototype even knowing expenses and we all know it was to impress paf somehow

Your sentence is also right and also dont forget , SAC pushed for 2nd prototype even knowing expenses and we all know it was to impress paf somehow
PAF is not the only one it has to impress. These instituitions operate on their own budget and SAC could not let CAC have the only 5th gen program.

PAF is not the only one it has to impress. These instituitions operate on their own budget and SAC could not let CAC have the only 5th gen program.
Whats the progress on its range? This was one of the main reasons PLAAF was not interested in it. For the Navy this might not be a major issue even the F-18 is short legged.

I know this is more medium term then short, but i wonder how PAF is going to replace its oldest F-16s. The hours must be getting up there.

I know this is more medium term then short, but i wonder how PAF is going to replace its oldest F-16s. The hours must be getting up there.

I think the recent MLU has added few more years.

It would most likely be FC-31.
JF-17, F-16 is to PAF what JSF, F-22 is to USAF. F-16 would be replaced by a heavier option, could be Turkish too. If they can come up with something in the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom