What's new

Favorite Pakistani Singer of Indians

RoXen - Chaltey Rahein

RoXen-Tau phir aao[slow version]

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my favourite singers are from Pakistan.

Abida Parveen...the best.
(I can't get her voice out of my head!)

There is this little known singer from Pakistan, who has a room booked in the palace of my heart for all eternity: Naheed Akhtar. I came across her singing on a Doordarshan Programme, quite randomly. (Those days there was this SAARC programs thingy going on. I only could hear one song from her - Kuch Unki Jafaaon ne loota from film Paakeezaa (1979). I then sought out a cassette album sung by her, and distributed in India by HMV - Meri Pasand. The singer's voice and the lyrics had so much an effect on me that I remember all the songs with accompanying music and lyrics to this date. Then searched on the net and found that she was a teen sensation discovered in early 1970's, and went on to become a threat to Noor Jehan - quite an accomplishment. To top it all she is quite an easy going singer/person and has an air of simplicity about her. Her good looks and playfulness in her voice and singing style also add to her special status among her fans, including me.
Too sad she stopped singing after her marriage in mid 90's. Kya karen! Uske shauhar ko baddua bhee toh nahin de sakte :P
Any ways, here's one of her songs I like very much -

No one mention CALL ?

There are so many Favorites

Cant Name than one

ALI ZAFAR

Aamir bhai, posting in the wrong thread?? This is INDIANS' fav singer thread...

BTW thanks for the songs :D

There is this little known singer from Pakistan, who has a room booked in the palace of my heart for all eternity: Naheed Akhtar. I came across her singing on a Doordarshan Programme, quite randomly. (Those days there was this SAARC programs thingy going on. I only could hear one song from her - Kuch Unki Jafaaon ne loota from film Paakeezaa (1979). I then sought out a cassette album sung by her, and distributed in India by HMV - Meri Pasand. The singer's voice and the lyrics had so much an effect on me that I remember all the songs with accompanying music and lyrics to this date. Then searched on the net and found that she was a teen sensation discovered in early 1970's, and went on to become a threat to Noor Jehan - quite an accomplishment. To top it all she is quite an easy going singer/person and has an air of simplicity about her. Her good looks and playfulness in her voice and singing style also add to her special status among her fans, including me.
Too sad she stopped singing after her marriage in mid 90's. Kya karen! Uske shauhar ko baddua bhee toh nahin de sakte :P
Any ways, here's one of her songs I like very much - [url="
rahe toh kya hai...[/url]

She is a great singer.

Here's Naheed Akhtar singing her hit song, Tha Yaqeen, after all these years (she still looks good):

I have so many links of her songs, and I was not sure which to post... BTW in the other thread, I have posted another song - Amir Khusro's Chhap Tilak... :D

wow pakistani bands need more exposure, first time hearing about roxen and ep.

It was only months ago i learnt about call and strings from an friend.

Didnt know Fateh Ali Khan was a Pakistani!

And it was only a year back or so that i found out that Adnan Sami was a Pakistani!!

I will confess - I did not know until very recently that the magical voice behind "aap jaisa koi" was Nazia Hasan from Pakistan. I think she was way ahead of her time in what she did. To me she was an angel. It is rare that you find such a combination of beauty, voice, courage, compassion , intellect and humility in one person. May her soul rest in peace.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom