What's new

Fateh Submarine | News & Discussions

Guys. I will be objective,

Currently, Turkis Naval Forces are superior in overall terms . Iran being a brown water navy with kickas.s Missile capability is pretty able to defend itself. And TNF is a brown water navy with blue water capabilities can declare naval superiority over any ME country, even to all of them at once.

In case a conflict breaks out, which is not likely to happen. Iran will never use its navy against Turkey, I doubt would they make it to Suez Canal. But Turkey would use its navy to block logistics through sea. Our logistic fleet is a global player. But it can't stop us. We can't survive at Persian Gulf more than 3 weeks.

It's unlikely that a conflict will happen. Rather thinking conspiracy theories, we can think what would happen if Turkey and Iran were cooperating in Defence & Military. Think about that. The entire ME would be a fucvking dog in Central Park.

Above all, both of Iran and Turkey share something in common i.e. they both have similar military doctrine.

How come bud? You have no idea what you're talking about :)

How come bud? You have no idea what you're talking about :)

Military doctrines, in general, are divided into two categories. One is offensive, the other is self-defensive. Both countries' doctrine is in line with the first one. Denying such thing defies logic, and the basic essence of comprehension.

I understand that you do have some sort of a personal vendetta when it comes to myself, but this will get you nowhere. :-)

Guys. I will be objective,

Currently, Turkis Naval Forces are superior in overall terms . Iran being a brown water navy with kickas.s Missile capability is pretty able to defend itself. And TNF is a brown water navy with blue water capabilities can declare naval superiority over any ME country, even to all of them at once.

In case a conflict breaks out, which is not likely to happen. Iran will never use its navy against Turkey, I doubt would they make it to Suez Canal. But Turkey would use its navy to block logistics through sea. Our logistic fleet is a global player. But it can't stop us. We can't survive at Persian Gulf more than 3 weeks.

It's unlikely that a conflict will happen. Rather thinking conspiracy theories, we can think what would happen if Turkey and Iran were cooperating in Defence & Military. Think about that. The entire ME would be a fucvking dog in Central Park.

Pick on someone your own size ! :mad:

Pakistan Navy Vs Turkish Navy - We might do down in a blaze of glory but we'd ensure that so does the bulk of the Turkish Navy ! :azn:

But if Nur Fettahoglu is commanding your Navy.....I'd be honor bound to surrender without firing a shot ! :ashamed:

Military doctrines, in general, are divided into two categories. One is offensive, the other is self-defensive. Both countries' doctrine is in line with the first one. Denying such thing defies logic, and the basic essence of comprehension.

Maybe for Iran. But our doctrines are far different than Iran. Turkish Land Forces, like all armies it has a national defense on base doctrinal. But it has many other main doctrines. Such as thunder operation plans in case Azerbaijan gets attacked. Or if a massive deployment is required on Iraq, Cyprus or Armenia. Air Force has more International&Offensive roles than defence doctrines. To make it simplier, "Best defence is offense" says TURAF.

Navy, well it has Superiority over Black Sea and Aegean seas as base doctrines which they make it successfully. Primary doctrine of DZKK is, Being capable of operating and combating at any NATO operation as well as at any part of Black Sea, ME, Arabian peninsula, North Africa and Aegean for sure within supplemention of National Defence and supporting Turkish Foreign Policy.
That's what exactly they had thought to me 2 years ago.

I understand that you do have some sort of a personal vendetta when it comes to myself, but this will get you nowhere. :-)

What that? My apologies if had made such impression on you. It's not personal or sth. I never look over past fella :)

:ashamed:

Pick on someone your own size ! :mad:

Pakistan Navy Vs Turkish Navy - We might do down in a blaze of glory but we'd ensure that so does the bulk of the Turkish Navy ! :azn:

But if Nur Fettahoglu is commanding your Navy.....I'd be honor bound to surrender without firing a shot ! :ashamed:

Come on!! **** brothers come with dozens to Naval Academy in Tuzla.

Nowadays are our weakest days. But yet we're pretty capable of what I wrote over there :D

I too would surrender if PN ships make it to Suez Canal with crates full of mangos :lol:

Last edited:
Okay, let's do a vs thread and put all the ships on the table than. ? :)
Brother, I don't really see a reason to do so. First of all, there is no need to do so since it is not going to happen. Second, the fact is that both are pretty good naval forces, but I think they should be much stronger. Anyway, the comparison would be baseless. The only thing that we can say is that none of them can defeat the other one in the other one's water. That's pretty obvious for me ;) so we can end and conclude the discussion as such ;)

Brother, I don't really see a reason to do so. First of all, there is no need to do so since it is not going to happen. Second, the fact is that both are pretty good naval forces, but I think they should be much stronger. Anyway, the comparison would be baseless. The only thing that we can say is that none of them can defeat the other one in the other one's water. That's pretty obvious for me ;) so we can end and conclude the discussion as such ;)

As you wish bro. :cheers:

We could still fight in lake Van, it would be hell of a fighting :D

But seriously @Sinan, no point in comparing both navies since there is a zero chance of war between 2 countries over seas and anywhere else at all. Turkish navy is modernizing fast, not under sanctions and it also has a fairly advanced shipping industry. ;)

Can you ask someone to remove all the off topic posts here please. I thought this thread was about fateh submarine...

Isn't Fateh just a (single boat) step in the evolution from the smaller 150 ton Ghadir (Derivative of North Korean Yugo and Sango class submarines) to 400 ton Nahang (single boat) to the 1000 ton Qaa'em (design influenced by Russian Amur 950 class, yet another contemporary competitor) and 1200 ton Besat ? I.e. isn't the development aimed to produce aboat like 209-1400/212A/214?

Hi Penguin

I think the Qaem project is scrapped. I don't see the purpose of it considering we are making Besat now.
Also, It would not be strange for me to assume a 2400-3000 ton project would be in design stages since we are making a 1200 ton submarine as I write this. They even said they have plans for nuclear submarines, but I don't think we'll see such submarine any time soon, however, with the ambition of current Iranian navy, I would not be surprised if we see such thing sooner than later.

I know this is offtopic, but what is your opinion on the Loghman/PERSIAN GULF training warship Iran is working on?

Hi Penguin

I think the Qaem project is scrapped. I don't see the purpose of it considering we are making Besat now.
Also, It would not be strange for me to assume a 2400-3000 ton project would be in design stages since we are making a 1200 ton submarine as I write this. They even said they have plans for nuclear submarines, but I don't think we'll see such submarine any time soon, however, with the ambition of current Iranian navy, I would not be surprised if we see such thing sooner than later.

I know this is offtopic, but what is your opinion on the Loghman/PERSIAN GULF training warship Iran is working on?
A boat of about 2000 tons will serve Iran just fine (what does it need a big open ocean boat for, really, and what would be the advantage of 4000 tons over 2000, besides greater endurance?). With submarines, bigger isn't necessarily better since little additional weapons or sensor capability is added.

Loghman is an interesting and logical development. Primarily the addition of a helicopter deck with hangar (i.e. organic helicopter capability) greatly increase the value and flexibility of a ship that is otherwise not much different from the current 1400 ton corvettes (at least in terms of weaponry and directly associated sensors).

bVWTsSU.jpg

A boat of about 2000 tons will serve Iran just fine (what does it need a big open ocean boat for, really, and what would be the advantage of 4000 tons over 2000, besides greater endurance?). With submarines, bigger isn't necessarily better since little additional weapons or sensor capability is added.

Loghman is an interesting and logical development. Primarily the addition of a helicopter deck with hangar (i.e. organic helicopter capability) greatly increase the value and flexibility of a ship that is otherwise not much different from the current 1400 ton corvettes (at least in terms of weaponry and directly associated sensors).

Iran's navy has good ambitions. They are already developing a loghman (7500 ton) destroyer, I think maybe Iran plans on having one blue water fleet in the future. A nuclear or large submarine would be good. Of course such a fleet is not an necessity for Iran in my view since the biggest challenge Iran faces is in the gulf.

Currently, the besat would be the best choice for Iran since it would have rooms for a decent amount of cruise missile (noor, qader,qadir etc). When it come to the Persian gulf, the smaller you can keep your subs the better.

@gambit In your opinion, what would be some major advantaged of Besat (1200 ton) over Fateh (600). I mean other than the loner endurance. Would you prefer such small sum than the giant US nuclear submarines when it comes to the Persian gulf? Thanks in advance

so our defence capabilities get a much much higher score than dear Turkey .

but to be honest (if it was someone from UK for example i would challenge it , but since we are brothers :D ) Turkey scores higher in offence capabilities .

we are trying and pushing hard to become a capable blue water navy (both of us) which is totally admirable .

Dude, Current Turkish navy are assessed as upperhand against any threat in region including Russian blacksea fleet. Keep Iran aside, A country like Russia is constructing new corvettes for their Blacksea fleet to balance the situation a littile bit. It is understood that Turkish naval programs frigten a country like Russia so They need to take necessary precuations from now but Turkish industry is developing impressive domestic solutions at quite high number of requirements as If a Naval war is expected in near future, While modernizating existing platforms part by part.

At latest situation,
-4 Perry class frigates received their Havelsan Genesis CMS, Aselsan produced Smart radars and 8 cell MK-41 ESSM capable VL launchers which mean 32 ready to fire ESSM missiles against aerial threats.
-4 MEKO class frigates received their Havelsan Genesis CMS, Aselsan produced Smart radars and 16 cell MK-41 ESSM capable VL launchers which mean 64 ready to fire ESSM missiles against aerial threats.
-Yavuz class frigates are under modernization phase.
-Ay class submarines are under modernization process.

New construction programs.
-800 tonnes new Turkish type FAC
-2000 tonnes Milgem class corvettes (4)
-3000-3500 tonnes Milgem-B class frigates (110m length, 16 cell MK-41 VL SAM) (6-8)
-6500-7000 tonnes TF-2000 Anti-Air warfare frigate (4) (Aselsan CAFRAD radar, Havelsan Genesis Advent CMS, Atmaca anti-ship missile, Gezgin ship based cruise missile (1500km))

TF-2000 estimated coverage area for 4 ship
893623A46HYS2CIAAcaxo1.jpg

It seems these people are more braindead than I thought.
Russian could vaporise your navy and your country in a matter of half hour.

Turkey cannot even design/produce Submarines. As I said this before, you are nothing without NATO.

@Serpentine Please delete these off topic posts. It seems you allow this cobalti to come in this section with his off topic/propaganda nonsense.

At least he is giving us a giggle.

It seems these people are more braindead than I thought.
Russian could vaporise your navy and your country in a matter of half hour.

Turkey cannot even design/produce Submarines. As I said this before, you are nothing without NATO.

@Serpentine Please delete these off topic posts. It seems you allow this cobalti to come in this section with his off topic/propaganda nonsense.

At least he is giving us a giggle.
Yep Russia will just use some nukeso_O, looks like the world just turned into a game of CIV5
U should check out the Russian Blacksea fleet.

Guys could you please stay on topic ! our Turkish friends first claim they can defeat Iran no problem, then the whole ME, and now they are going against Russia .... stop it before they attack Mars ! (according to a US research conducted a few years ago, Iranian speedboats, alone, can destroy 16 US navy ships in 10 m !!!! ) ........now lets just move on and talk about "Fateh-class submarines and submarine related technologies !!

Back
Top Bottom