What's new

Fateh Submarine | News & Discussions

Thats a russian built sub that iran bought and overhauled :D

its not domestic dadash jaan :D

BTW , i forgot to tell you which missiles they fire :

Hoot (Persian: حوت‎; Whale) is an Iranian supercavitation torpedo which travels at approximately 360 km/h (220 mph), several times faster than a conventional torpedo.[1] It was test-fired successfully from a surface ship against a dummy submarine during the Iranian military exercise "Great Prophet" (پيامبر اعظم(ص) on 2 April 2006 and 3 April 2006.

Hoot (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

boro halesho bebar :D :yahoo::yahoo:
GUIDANCE?

Wanna do Turkish Navy vs Iranian Navy thread. ?

Also while we are on it why not make a TAF vs IRIAF thread. Our infos are ready :) Fleets of Turkish Air Force
mate , unfortunately those threads never end up on good terms . you know what i'm talking about .......

so thanks , but no thanks :)

BTW , Good job in collecting the informations .

Also while we are on it why not make a TAF vs IRIAF thread. Our infos are ready :) Fleets of Turkish Air Force

The Iranian navy and Turkish navy are two different entities.
The major threat against Iran is the worlds military superpower, the US. That is the enemy which Iran's navy have prepared for and based its defence industry on. Given Iran's limited resources compared to that of US and the fact that US enjoys a VAST technological superiority, Iran has not build up a signficant navy in the conventional sense. It would be a waste of resources.
There is just too much disparity between the US and Iran for that to be bothered with.

Therefore Iran has built up a robust assymetrical threat. Smaller speedboats that are mobile and can launch surprise attacks (should a war ever break out) and swarm the enemy.
Along with naval mines, cruise missiles/torpedoes that can be placed on mobile launchers along the coast of the Persian Gulf. Not to mention the Persian Gulf and particularly Hormouz strait are very narrow waters, so it will be difficult for larger vessels (US) to maneuver. The geography plays huge part.
Think of the Northern Viatnamese resistance fighters but at the high seas instead, so it becomes bit of a "gerilla" navy.

So comparing Turkish navy with Iranian navy is absolutely useless.
Maybe in future when the strategic map and consequently Iran's doctrine changes, comparison should be made.

Last edited:
The Iranian navy and Turkish navy are two different entities.
The major threat against Iran is the worlds military superpower, th US. That is the enemy which Iran's navy have prepared for and based its defence industry on. Given Iran's limited resources compared to that of US and the fact that US enjoys a VAST technological superiority, Iran has not build up a signficant navy in the conventional sense. It would be a waste of resources.
There is just too much disparity between the US and Iran for that to be bothered with.

Therefore Iran has build up a robust assymetrical threat. Smaller speedboats that are mobile and launch surprise attacks (should ever a war break out) and swarm the enemy. Along with naval mines, cruise missiles/torpedoes that can be placed on mobile launchers along the coast of the Persian Gulf.
Think of the Northern Viatnamese resistance fighters but at the seas instead, so it becomes a naval "gerilla" army.

So comparing Turkish navy with Iranian navy is absolutely useless.
Maybe in future when the strategic map and consequently Iran's doctrine changes, comparison should be made.

Yeap, absolutely true. And in a vs situation Turkish Navy is superior as for now.

Yeap, absolutely true. And in a vs situation Turkish Navy is superior as for now.

This depends. Technologically yes, but that doesnt necessarily mean you would win. It goes back to the point of assymetrical warfare and exploiting the enemies weaknesses in a given geopraphical point. Iran and Turkey share no waterways so the question is moot anyway.
But if for example Turkey made its way (hypothetically) in Persian Gulf to start a war against Iran navy, I really do believe Turkey would get smacked by Iran. :D

This depends. Technologically yes, but that doesnt necessarily mean you would win. It goes back to the point of assymetrical warfare and exploiting the enemies weaknesses in a given geopraphic point. Iran and Turkey share no waterways so the question is moot anyway.
But if Turkey made its way (hypothetically) in Persian Gulf to start a war against Iran navy, I really do believe Turkey would get smacked by Iran.

You are going into strategy like Greeks.

Strategy can vary on different parameters, you'll never know who is going to be on top. I'm only comparing in overall number of ships, displacement, firepower, technology, etc..

Strategy can vary on different parameters, you'll never know who is going to be on top. I'm only comparing in overall number of ships, displacement, firepower, technology, etc..

True. Its very hard to tell who would win.

Anyway comparing the strength still is not very important because Iran and Turkey share no body of water. So Iran and Turkey can not practically be at war with each other in navy department

Above all, both of Iran and Turkey share something in common i.e. they both have similar military doctrine.

True. Its very hard to tell who would win.

Anyway comparing the strength still is not very important because Iran and Turkey share no body of water. So Iran and Turkey can not practically be at war with each other in navy department

We could still fight in lake Van, it would be hell of a fighting :D

But seriously @Sinan, no point in comparing both navies since there is a zero chance of war between 2 countries over seas and anywhere else at all. Turkish navy is modernizing fast, not under sanctions and it also has a fairly advanced shipping industry. ;)

Why not make the how far my piss can go competition between iran and turkey and also compare it with us 5th fleet?

In case you are bent on make the comparison between turkey and iran let me ask you one question . Wher the confrontation will happen ? In persian gulf and sea of oman or in Mediterranean sea? I bet the result of confrontation gonna change alot according to that variable .

Last edited:

Well you must consider that iran military doctrine Is defensive , so our firepower is also defensive . If the fight is near our land then our shore and islands act as warships . We have alot of truks that carry antiship misdiles . Once when we show the upgrade of our hovercraft in this forum one of our arab friends joked that in iranian mentality if anything can float why not put a missile on it even if its a life ring .
If you look on boats that other country use for transporting troops we have put two antiship missile and two of the fastest torpedo around the world .

And in a vs situation Turkish Navy is superior as for now.
nah brother !! right now our defence capabilities are mind blowing , seriously if you have just a little bit info , which i know for sure you have (cauase we are 2 neighbors living in the same region) you know that there is absolute nothing that any foreign navy could do to iran (except that of US which will be kicked in butt BTW ) in persian gulf .

so our defence capabilities get a much much higher score than dear Turkey .

but to be honest (if it was someone from UK for example i would challenge it , but since we are brothers :D ) Turkey scores higher in offence capabilities .

we are trying and pushing hard to become a capable blue water navy (both of us) which is totally admirable .

instead of trying pointlessly in comparing ourselves with eachother , the better option would be to improvise and work with eachother .

We face the same threats in the end ;)

Back
Top Bottom