What's new

Famous Chinese Finance professor censored for saying China economy in troub

Yawn...... Epoch Times stuff again..... along with quotes from overseas Chinese who support deposed former Chinese leaders.

China is intentionally undergoing massive economic shifts to balance its economy now that US / EU demand and credit worthiness is uncertain.

These are positive steps in the long-run. Short-term pain, perhaps. Collapse of China, no.

The kind of economic turmoil in the US, EU, Japan, India and Vietnam, on the other hand, is truly threatening to domestic order. You can already see it in US and EU public protests. Poor in India and Vietnam are also getting fed up with food inflation.

I think busting the inflated property market would increase consumption as people don't have to save everything just to buy an appartment, which is good for the domestic economy.

Lets pray for the poor chinese guy who tried to tell the truth.... i doubt he safe in china anymore.... god knows what was he thinking before telling the truth about chinese economy.... This is true face of communist nation.... No freedom and if tried for freedom then would be shot dead.... If he had said something about like 'freedom' then i understand but the guy just spoke about chinese economy.... Yet he paid for opening his mouth.... Lets pray for him everyone....

Götterdämmerung;2314662 said:
I think busting the inflated property market would increase consumption as people don't have to save everything just to buy an appartment, which is good for the domestic economy.
Hey that's a really good point! With a real estate bubble, a small group of speculators buy more Ferraris and Louis Vuitton. When the bubble bursts, the majority population can buy more middle-class amenities.

Lets pray for the poor chinese guy who tried to tell the truth.... i doubt he safe in china anymore.... god knows what was he thinking before telling the truth about chinese economy.... This is true face of communist nation.... No freedom and if tried for freedom then would be shot dead.... If he had said something about like 'freedom' then i understand but the guy just spoke about chinese economy.... Yet he paid for opening his mouth.... Lets pray for him everyone....
:woot:...................................:rofl:

Save yourself some trouble and don't worry about that 'poor Chinese guy'. Prof Lang is going to give a lecture in Beijing on this very day and he's charging $500 per person for admission. Now you understand why he doesn't want any video or audio recordings of his lectures to be leaked?
12?23?????????????????????????2012???06???????????????09???4?????????????????????????????????????????????????2012??????????????????:18911611060

Götterdämmerung;2314662 said:

Busting of a real estate bubble was what pushed US into the longest recessiopn since the Great depression. I wonder what sort of economics are you implying by saying that!!

I don't know what data this guy has being an insider, but there is a fear of something going on with China's real estate, so much so that the CPC shut down a real estate index that was causing riots in China.

Actions like those tend to confirm suspicions about data fudging by the Chinese even to their own citizens.

Busting of a real estate bubble was what pushed US into the longest recessiopn since the Great depression. I wonder what sort of economics are you implying by saying that!!

I don't know what data this guy has being an insider, but there is a fear of something going on with China's real estate, so much so that the CPC shut down a real estate index that was causing riots in China.

Actions like those tend to confirm suspicions about data fudging by the Chinese even to their own citizens.

Pushing down real estate prices is a stated goal of the Chinese government. I doubt Wen is trying that hard just to trigger a recession.

Wen pledges property tightening resolve
2011-November-8 08:53 Shenzhen Daily

THE government must resolutely carry out its property tightening measures with the aim of returning prices to “reasonable levels,” Premier Wen Jiabao said in a speech broadcast yesterday.

Wen’s remarks, delivered in Russia on Sunday and shown the next day on Hong Kong-based Phoenix TV, are a reminder that the government is not letting fears of hurting economic growth cause it to loosen its grip on the sector. A southern Chinese city last week implemented what appears to be the country’s most extreme property tightening measure.

Lowering property prices is the government’s firm policy, Wen told an audience of Chinese diplomats and businesspeople during his visit to Russia.

“I will especially stress that there will not be the slightest wavering in China’s property tightening measures — our target is for prices to return to reasonable levels,” Wen said. “The property tightening measures have been ongoing for two years, and some major policies have already been rolled out, especially this year’s construction of 10 million public housing units, which will temper pressure on prices, and slow demand (for private housing).”

There are growing signs that China’s property market could be nearing a turning point. Housing sales in major cities have declined in recent months, nearly two years after speculation curbing measures including higher interest rates and down payments. The government’s effort to make homes more affordable is meant to head off potential social instability.

Housing prices are also starting to fall in some cities as credit curbs and limits on home purchases start to bite, tightening developers’ cash flows.

“Housing prices are still in a deadlock, although in the past month we’ve started to see some shakeup in prices,” Wen said.

Property sales at Shenzhen-based China Vanke Co., the nation’s biggest developer by market share, were down in October from a year earlier for the third straight month of decline. October’s drop was the steepest yet — 33 percent, to 10.34 billion yuan (US$1.63 billion). It followed declines of 12 percent in September and 13 percent in August.

Wen reiterated that the government will make homes more affordable to the population and promote stable and healthy development in the housing sector.

Last week, the city of Zhuhai in southern China implemented extraordinary restrictions on residential real estate deals, including a price cap of 11,285 yuan a square meter, triggering concerns of similar curbs in other cities. (SD-Agencies)

Wen pledges property tightening resolve

Robbing wealth of the Chinese accumulated wealth, that's what it is. The Chinese investors have no alternatives other than put their money on table into a cheating stock market, or real-estate. No other choices, man. It's about ripping off their own citizens. The Chinese must get this idea from the Americans. You know what I am saying?

Pushing down real estate prices is a stated goal of the Chinese government. I doubt Wen is trying that hard just to trigger a recession.

Government trying to push down real estate prices is the result of them believing too that a bubble exists. Instead of a crash what they are trying to engineer is a soft landing.
Falling property prices are not a good thing, that's 22% of your economy IIRC. He wouldn't do that if he believed it wasn't a bubble.

Now if he believes that 22% of Chinas economic growth is overvalued, maybe the guy predicting the crash is correct. Again. don't know what kind of insider information he has, like the 5 some trillion in debts some of which is about to go bad.

Robbing wealth of the Chinese accumulated wealth, that's what it is. The Chinese investors have no alternatives other than put their money on table into a cheating stock market, or real-estate. No other choices, man. It's about ripping off their own citizens. The Chinese must get this idea from the Americans. You know what I am saying?

Ripping off your own citizen...hmm.

That would have been correct if the american stock market or real estate was controlled by the Government, it is not; so I don't think you know what you are saying. ;)

LMAO!!1

india who is running a classic debt based ponzi scheme economy that is based on borrowing money and going into debt to consume imported products are now lecturing china on economics.

indians should never be allowed to comment on economic matters, none of them understand basic economics.
they think economic prosperity is debt based consumption.
gullible peope.

lol yea and the indian dictators are telling the whole truth about the indian economic ponzi scheme.
i dont trust a dam thing coming out from india, its such a corrupt place.
just look how the indian crooks lied to their people the commonwealth games were going perfect where it ended up as a national disgrace where countries threatened to boycott and many athletes even didnt want to go to india.

india is not a democracy, its a military dictatorship, it based on corporate elites from the western world buying up indian politicians to use indians for corporate profits. the sad thing is the indian government allows the western elites to screw their own people.

indians lack a basic understanding of basic economics, they are brainwashed by their media by buying into the classical keynesian theories.
thats why indian debt is massive and deficits are rising fast every year.

the indian ego is blinding them from economic reality.
the entire indian economy is a total debt based ponzi scheme like greece.
the entire indian economy is based on debt.
they have no production, little savings, no trade surplus, massive budget deficits, high debt to gdp %, dreadful infrastructure, overconsumption by going into debt.
the indians go into new debt to pay off the old debt.
thats a classic ponzi scheme.

indians lack a basic understanding of basic economics, they are brainwashed by their media by buying into the classical keynesian theories.

You got it the other way around. China's development has been more along the lines of Keynesian theories whereas India, well I don't what India is.

LMAO!!1

india who is running a classic debt based ponzi scheme economy that is based on borrowing money and going into debt to consume imported products are now lecturing china on economics.

indians should never be allowed to comment on economic matters, none of them understand basic economics.
they think economic prosperity is debt based consumption.
gullible peope.

lol yea and the indian dictators are telling the whole truth about the indian economic ponzi scheme.
i dont trust a dam thing coming out from india, its such a corrupt place.
just look how the indian crooks lied to their people the commonwealth games were going perfect where it ended up as a national disgrace where countries threatened to boycott and many athletes even didnt want to go to india.

india is not a democracy, its a military dictatorship, it based on corporate elites from the western world buying up indian politicians to use indians for corporate profits. the sad thing is the indian government allows the western elites to screw their own people.

thats why indian debt is massive and deficits are rising fast every year.

the indian ego is blinding them from economic reality.
the entire indian economy is a total debt based ponzi scheme like greece.
the entire indian economy is based on debt.
they have no production, little savings, no trade surplus, massive budget deficits, high debt to gdp %, dreadful infrastructure, overconsumption by going into debt.
the indians go into new debt to pay off the old debt.
thats a classic ponzi scheme.

when chinese are too brainwashed to know the topic is about China and not India-- and yet they bring India to distract from the topic-- what do you call it " attempting to cover up/ fudge the topic up" :P

China Pays Bloggers: The "Five Cent Party"China Pays Bloggers: The "Five Cent Party" | Asia | Deutsche Welle | 25.01.2010

Many Chinese internet users have heard of the ”Five Cent Party (”Wu-Mao-Dang“). This is a term used to describe a group of internet commentators who create government-friendly posts in numerous forums and blogs. Apparently, each comment is rewarded with a payment of 0.5 RMB, which is about 5 cents in Europe

when chinese are too brainwashed to know the topic is about China and not India-- and yet they bring India to distract from the topic-- what do you call it " attempting to cover up/ fudge the topic up" :P

You really should learn Chinese so you'll have a chance to learn how the "shinny" and "incredible" India is viewed by Chinese, both in and out of China.

Back
Top Bottom