What's new

Failure of India to Resist the Turkic Conquests

The Turks actually showed a superior success in settling in India.

Nobody has really resisted the expansion period.. There is not a single army or enemy who were attacked that didn't fall during the expansion period from 624 to 1707 except for the battle of Vienna that is when they were halted at the gates of Vienna. But technically the last expansionist was Aurangzeb who died in 1707 even tho the empires last another 200 years more while fading slowly but no expansionism came anywhere post 1707

All-the-countries-Muslims-ruled-at-one-point.png

Last edited:
Nobody has really resisted the expansion period.. There is not a single army or enemy who were attacked that didn't fall during the expansion period from 624 to 1707 except for the battle of Vienna that is when they were halted at the gates of Vienna. But technically the last expansionist was Aurangzeb who died in 1707 even tho the empires last another 200 years more while fading slowly but no expansionism came anywhere post 1707

All-the-countries-Muslims-ruled-at-one-point.png

Turks went to many parts of the world and became a whole with the local people there. I don't like to nationalize this issues. Because there is a distorted post-modern understanding that tries to reconcile current nationalism with political movements 1000 years even 2000 years ago. For example, I think it is wonderful that there is something from Turkish history in China or India, and of course in Russia, but for an Indian or a Chinese person who does not understand this cultural depth, this can be a phenomenon that should be rejected.

Past is past, We, Muslims(not just Turks), will now confront other corners of the world(which not included in your map) with some realities.

Turks went to many parts of the world and became a whole with the local people there. I don't like to nationalize this issues. Because there is a distorted post-modern understanding that tries to reconcile current nationalism with political movements 1000 years even 2000 years ago. For example, I think it is wonderful that there is something from Turkish history in China or India, and of course in Russia, but for an Indian or a Chinese person who does not understand this cultural depth, this can be a phenomenon that should be rejected.

Past is past, We, Muslims(not just Turks), will now confront other corners of the world(which not included in your map) with some realities.

I agree with you that these movements are indeed a past bygone era and outsiders shouldn't worry about that becoming a re-occuring event because the Roman empire will never comeback and the same with the expansionism era because there is really no need for it in today's world.. Okay you got now a larger piece of land as if you didn't have enough land to begin with..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom