What's new

Facebook profiles show Kalyan youth’s radicalisation, ‘marriage’

Not much choice. I don't expect them to say - Oh hey listen, my son is a die hard fanatical terrorist who is hell bent on exterminating kuffars like you.

But their previous actions are troubling. Shielding him, helping in getting passport, visa(!) etc. I seriously doubt the parents had no clue. But that's for the authorities to find out. The Hindu organizations(including RSS) have decided to keep this issue out of the burner, so we won't bother much. :D

Exactly. Either his parents were also in the loop and willingly helped him to move out, or they're both blind as a bat!

When Delhi police released transcripts of Batla house encounter ( under congress's pressure, to allay suspicions of fake encounter) it mentioned that Delhi Jihadis narrated a story which their parents told them as children in which " a mujahid when out of bullet takes sand in his hand and calls upon allah before throwing that sand on Soviet tanks, and the Tanks start burning".
This is true. I was surprised no one took notice of this. Guess we focused more on Diggi raja. :D

Radicalization has gone far deeper than any of us are willing to accept. And no - this has no relation with economic or any other affluence or lack of it either.

In this case his parents already knew that he was going to become a terrorist. Are you telling that they ignored the too obvious signs because they were dumb?

How they knew that he was going to join ISIS? You mean to say that they wanted their child to join ISIS and risk his life? Is there anything to prove such a theory?

Many young people from all religions become lumpens, scoundrels, eve-teasers, stalkers, drug-addicts, alcoholic, school/college dropouts, fraudsters, rapists, goons, a$$holes, worthless piece of $hit..........etc. etc. do all their parents knew what their child would become and wanted that to happen? You can question the poor upbringing by their parents, but suggesting that they supported it because they are Muslims, that too without any concrete proof, is showing your extreme prejudice.

But their previous actions are troubling. Shielding him, helping in getting passport, visa(!) etc.

"Shielding their child" is something that most parents would do, but did they help him get the passport & visa to Iraq fully knowing his original intention? I think he bluffed them saying he got some job or something.

"Shielding their child" is something that most parents would do, but did they help him get the passport & visa to Iraq fully knowing his original intention? I think he bluffed them saying he got some job or something.
True. But Iraq? Their parents are educated. They know what's going on. He is a kid of the facebook generation. Kids of his age watch xxx, go out with girlfriends, watch movies, fight in clubs, study hard, worry about jobs etc. Not ask for a visa to Iraq.

It is entirely possible this kid got other help (actually pretty much same age as mine :P ). Recruiters, local agents - you name it. But you know something ain't right. The authorities will surely look into it. Let's give it some time - things will get clearer.

How they knew that he was going to join ISIS? You mean to say that they wanted their child to join ISIS and risk his life? Is there anything to prove such a theory?
Many Indian mothers let their only child join Indian army because they love their country and they are ready to lose their sons. His family might have done the same. According to many he would have gone to paradise by being a martyr. Why didn't his family try to reason with him when they already knew where it will lead him?

Many young people from all religions become lumpens, scoundrels, eve-teasers, stalkers, drug-addicts, alcoholic, school/college dropouts, fraudsters, rapists, goons, a$$holes, worthless piece of $hit..........etc. etc. do all their parents knew what their child would become and wanted that to happen? You can question the poor upbringing by their parents, but suggesting that they supported it because they are Muslims, that too without any concrete proof, is showing your extreme prejudice.
Why do you need proof in this case? Go look-up jihadi videos on youtube. Many parents were proud their sons/daughters become suicide bombers for the sake of Islam. They were ready to sacrifice more children.

What makes his parents so innocent? If my son was hanging out with criminals and had extreme/violent thoughts. I would know that he is going to end up like them. I would do something to change his behavior. In this case his parents already knew of his activities and they didn't try to do a thing about it. They only said some nice stuff about him when the media picked up the case.

Saying the obvious about Muslim Indians makes me Islamaphobe I guess. But it doesn't matter if haven't said anything bad about Muslims as whole or Muslims living in other countries.

Either way, it was pretty stupid of them not to notice any changes in his behaviour or buying into his lies(assuming he did).

One disturbing trend that I saw in many parents around me was that they mistook the über-religious kids as paragons of virtue. Maybe his parents too began to assume that he was maturing into a fine virtuous and 'God-fearing' young man. :hitwall:

Like Modi said ... Ask your SON what the fcuk he is upto !!!
narendra_modi_representing_bjp_0.jpg

Either way, it was pretty stupid of them not to notice any changes in his behaviour or buying into his lies(assuming he did).

One disturbing trend that I saw in many parents around me was that they mistook the über-religious kids as paragons of virtue. Maybe his parents too began to assume that he was maturing into a fine virtuous and 'God-fearing' young man. :hitwall:

I would not worry too much if a child in my house became uber-religious as long as it is Hinduism. Neither do I believe that will in any way spoil her life or make her abnormal. I would worry about the same if the religion was Islam.

I would not worry too much if a child in my house became uber-religious as long as it is Hinduism. Neither do I believe that will in any way spoil her life or make her abnormal. I would worry about the same if the religion was Islam.
Well, I guess Indian parents across all religions are kinda similar in this regard. Tend to equate drinking and smoking with immoral/abhorrent behaviour.

Well, I guess Indian parents across all religions are kinda similar in this regard. Tend to equate drinking and smoking with immoral/abhorrent behaviour.
My parents still don't know that I started drinking after moving to US, so I have that going for me

I went through the profile and the Facebook pages mentioned. They are all up.. it gave me the chills man..

His wife justifying blowing up and many people who have joined IS liking her posts....

Man this shit is crazy...

Back
Top Bottom