What's new

F PIA - I hope it finally dies

The entire industry is in crises mode. They were not prepared for the post-pandemic period and are critically understaffed. Here in Scandinavia, SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) posted big losses and will not seemingly get anymore bailouts from the Swedish/Danish/Norwegian governments anymore.

I have travelled in PIA once and that was it. A friend of mine is an engineer in PIA and told me frankly not to fly in PIA. PIA is a show of how pathetic our institutes and organizations are. He told me even the safety checks are bogus and nothing is up to standards.

I once flew with PIA and that was my last time. Emergency landing after a few hours of circling above Istanbul. No status update nothing. Eventually when the plane landed after almost falling apart people had to stay in the airplane without any notice for at least 4 hours. No air conditioning. No water. Nothing. People got angry and started walking towards the cockpit. Finally an explanation was given that a crucial part of the plane had broken and was being flown in from Pakistan including engineer. The Turkish engineers were asking premium for repair. Passengers including women and children were told they had to wait in the plane until next day without air conditioning LOL Naturally, all passengers got angry and wanted a hotel. After much ruckus the crew allowed us to exit the plane. Here is what happened next. The pilot and cabin crew left for hotel and left us behind on Istanbul airport. No hotel. No food. Nothing. Our flight also had Japanese and other foreign guests visiting Pakistan. You can imagine the embarrassment. They didn't know what was happening and we had to explain them in English. Next the passengers got into a heated discussion with Turkish authorities at the passport gate where they dumped us. The Turkish authorities couldn't speak English. After a heated altercation they allowed us to enter the airport. Finally we could walk around instead of being caged in a confined place. Above all, women and children could walk around and lie down. Next morning the pilot and his crew came along to continue the flight after the plane had been repaired. The passengers grabbed him by his neck and ARY was recording it live. The whole thing was reported on TV.

PIA represents what Pakistan is today. Let's call it by its name. A failed country with failed institutions. If it was up to me I would keep my children far away from Pakistani culture. There is nothing good to be learnt here. I don't want my children to face embarrassment and headaches. Something I had to face my whole life. My parents taught me about Pakistan. They taught me patriotism and the language. They were wrong. Everything Pakistani reeks with corruption and nastiness. Every move and every thought that enters our minds is related to corruption. Even at a time when humanity should be shown we misuse that opportunity for personal gain. That is how I have experienced Pakistan.

Alhamdulillah. I bought a house in Turkey and that is where my children will visit. That is their home. No country is perfect, but as expats taking your children to Pakistan is something we must think thrice. A hazardous country with generally hazardous people. The only places that I will visit in Pakistan are Chitral and Gilgit Baltistan. That too with other airlines.

Last edited:
I once flew with PIA and that was my last time. Emergency landing after a few hours of circling above Istanbul. No status update nothing. Eventually when the plane landed after almost falling apart people had to stay in the airplane without any notice for at least 4 hours. No air conditioning. No water. Nothing. People got angry and started walking towards the cockpit. Finally an explanation was given that a crucial part of the plane had broken and was being flown in from Pakistan including engineer. The Turkish engineers were asking premium for repair. Passengers including women and children were told they had to wait in the plane until next day without air conditioning LOL Naturally, all passengers got angry and wanted a hotel. After much ruckus the crew allowed us to exit the plane. Here is what happened next. The pilot and cabin crew left for hotel and left us behind on Istanbul airport. No hotel. No food. Nothing. Our flight also had Japanese and other foreign guests visiting Pakistan. You can imagine the embarrassment. They didn't know what was happening and we had to explain them in English. Next the passengers got into a heated discussion with Turkish authorities at the passport gate where they dumped us. The Turkish authorities couldn't speak English. After a heated altercation they allowed us to enter the airport. Finally we could walk around instead of being caged in a confined place. Above all, women and children could walk around and lie down. Next morning the pilot and his crew came along to continue the flight after the plane had been repaired. The passengers grabbed him by his neck and ARY was recording it live. The whole thing was reported on TV.

PIA represents what Pakistan is today. Let's call it by its name. A failed country with failed institutions. If it was up to me I would keep my children far away from Pakistani culture. There is nothing good to be learnt here. I don't want my children to face embarrassment and headaches. Something I had to face my whole life. My parents taught me about Pakistan. They taught me patriotism and the language. They were wrong. Everything Pakistani reeks with corruption and nastiness. Every move and every thought that enters our minds is related to corruption. Even at a time when humanity should be shown we misuse that opportunity for personal gain. That is how I have experienced Pakistan.

Alhamdulillah. I bought a house in Turkey and that is where my children will visit. That is their home. No country is perfect, but as expats taking your children to Pakistan is something we must think thrice. A hazardous country with generally hazardous people. The only places that I will visit in Pakistan are Chitral and Gilgit Baltistan. That too with other airlines.

You are spot on. The behavior of these ppl is amazing, they dont care. Pakistan is factually a failed broken state, put together by samad bond. It wont last long. The society as a whole is worst than a jungle, there is no imaan whatsoever, even though Pakistanis claim to be thekedars of Islam.
There will come a point where the whole world will hate and curse Pakistanis and wont allow any Pakistani to enter their country. I worry about the middle class ppl who cant leave the country or cant afford to. I can leave but i cant take everyone with me, it seems some of us have to face whats coming. If the global situation gets dangerous, foreigners will face backlash and hatred from those locals as well. Frankly i am very worried myself, it seems we r heading straight to a civil war along with drought and food shortages. Looking at our ppl, they will be killing each other for food. Me and my close friends and relatives are preparing for it, storing food and ammunition. If there will be turmoil and war, better be prepared.

So if you were an idiot like me and booked flights on PIA this summer, you'll know what I mean.

They've cancelled loads of flights and moved nearly all of thier passengers onto other flights.

The flights im on now arrive after my cousins wedding. Also my children (under 10) are currently on a different flight to me.

Obviously I'll be cancelling and booking with someone competent.
Kickback main mily paisy se bhaiya or bhabhi Switzerland jaingy. Or Han yeh Wali flight cancel bhi nai hogi(or hopefully zameen pe bhi nai giraygi).

PIA = Perhaps I'll Arrive

I am sure there are honest people in PIA who do a professional job and it is unfortunate that their hard work is rubbished by the political games that have destroyed this once-decent airline.

Last edited:
It's not just PIA, read the news, the entire airline industry is SNAFU.
So is it safe to assume they don't check a thing and let repairs pile up in the logs? Engineers probably bee like oh it's missing a tyre, can't fly. Management be like, gonna ba one way trip anyway

Last edited:
So is it safe to assume they don't check a thing and let repairs pile up in the logs? Engineers probably bee like oh it's missing a tyre, can't fly. Management be like, no worries gonna be a one way trip anyway :secret:
Gives a new meaning to "one way ticket" 😂

So is it safe to assume they don't check a thing and let repairs pile up in the logs? Engineers probably bee like oh it's missing a tyre, can't fly. Management be like, no worries gonna be a one way trip anyway :secret:

It's more about when Airline company wind down operation during COVID, they tend to send their aircraft to storage. Then they basically fired everyone (Pilot, Flight attendant, mechanic) and significantly lower their operating capability.

Qantas for example, frozen about 80% of the employee and put more than half of their fleet in boneyard.

But when the travel rebounce, you can't just get the airplane back and use it, you need to pass check and then you need to get a crew flying them. this is going to take time, time they don't really have.......

The entire industry is in crises mode. They were not prepared for the post-pandemic period and are critically understaffed. Here in Scandinavia, SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) posted big losses and will not seemingly get anymore bailouts from the Swedish/Danish/Norwegian governments anymore.
Husband of my cousin's daughter is a ground handling manager with SAS Intl - based at T2, Heathrow - made redundant in lockdown 2, re-hired last week by Swissport for double pay.

The entire industry is desperate.

Husband of my cousin's daughter is a ground handling manager with SAS Intl - based at T2, Heathrow - made redundant in lockdown 2, re-hired last week by Swissport for double pay.

The entire industry is desperate.
lol, my wife got a call from Qantas (she was ex-crew) asking her if she want to wear the uniform again, even tho she don't work for them since 2017.....

That is how desperate these airline company trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel, it's a bad move when they lay off virtually everyone, you need crew to fly and man the aircraft......

Update - i cancelled my tickets and rebooked with Emirates. Paid twice as much, but what can you do.

So if you were an idiot like me and booked flights on PIA this summer, you'll know what I mean.

They've cancelled loads of flights and moved nearly all of thier passengers onto other flights.

The flights im on now arrive after my cousins wedding. Also my children (under 10) are currently on a different flight to me.

Obviously I'll be cancelling and booking with someone competent.
brave man to even think of traveling PIA.

they should change their catchphrase to "brave ppl to fly with".

Are you Turkish now? They gave you permanent residence or citizenship?
Do your family can come/go as they please? Or just visit only?
World is fast approaching chaos and being in a foreign country one has to be careful and know stuff.
Agree with the issues in Pak currently but hopefully inshAllah the country can recover from the depths of despair…..never lose hope but it will be war before improvements and rise to glory.
Just remains the timing of when that happens……

I once flew with PIA and that was my last time. Emergency landing after a few hours of circling above Istanbul. No status update nothing. Eventually when the plane landed after almost falling apart people had to stay in the airplane without any notice for at least 4 hours. No air conditioning. No water. Nothing. People got angry and started walking towards the cockpit. Finally an explanation was given that a crucial part of the plane had broken and was being flown in from Pakistan including engineer. The Turkish engineers were asking premium for repair. Passengers including women and children were told they had to wait in the plane until next day without air conditioning LOL Naturally, all passengers got angry and wanted a hotel. After much ruckus the crew allowed us to exit the plane. Here is what happened next. The pilot and cabin crew left for hotel and left us behind on Istanbul airport. No hotel. No food. Nothing.
That's horrible man. But practically thinking it was proper that the pilots had rested for the night, as they had to fly next morning.
I would have suggested the same, had I been in your place. I would have even given money to the pilots for a room.

I would have done only one thing differently. I would have asked the cabin crew ladies to stay back with me for the night. So that the pilots wouldn't become distracted and get a good night's sleep. I could always sleep during flight next day. No ulterior motives...

That's horrible man. But practically thinking it was proper that the pilots had rested for the night, as they had to fly next morning.
I would have suggested the same, had I been in your place. I would have even given money to the pilots for a room.

I would have done only one thing differently. I would have asked the cabin crew ladies to stay back with me for the night. So that the pilots wouldn't become distracted and get a good night's sleep. I could always sleep during flight next day. No ulterior motives...

You've not seen the PIA Cabin crew. :woot:

Also i found this cracking video of the true PIA experience.

Back
Top Bottom