What's new

Featured F-16.net confirms Su-30MKI loss on 27th Feb

Since PAF has the black box of the MiG-21, will Indians be open to a third party verification to verify if Abhinandan fires his weapons? That should settle the debate.

It is up-to Indians to show some willingness as after all, invitation is still valid.

As far as the SU-30, regardless of what Alan Warnes or others know, the fact remains that there are no public evidence to substantiate the shoot. Unless evidence emerges, it should be a contested claim, in my opinion.

A contested claim, for the public indeed.

There's no such thing as "black box" for fighter aircraft. They don't carry flight data recorders in the same way as airliners. There may be HUD video footage, but that's not the same thing.

There's no such thing as "black box" for fighter aircraft. They don't carry flight data recorders in the same way as airliners. There may be HUD video footage, but that's not the same thing.

why did the Indians say the villagers “stole” the black box of the downed helicopter? Or are helicopters different?

why did the Indians say the villagers “stole” the black box of the downed helicopter? Or are helicopters different?

I'm not entirely certain about helicopters, but if it's military, its unlikely to have a flight data recorder. The reason why military aircraft don't have a black box is so that the enemy can't see what the aircraft was doing on its mission if it gets shot down in enemy territory. The indians are probably just lying. How would villagers know what a flight data recorder looks like or even take it? It's not like they have the means to examine its contents.

I'm not entirely certain about helicopters, but if it's military, its unlikely to have a flight data recorder. The reason why military aircraft don't have a black box is so that the enemy can't see what the aircraft was doing on its mission if it gets shot down in enemy territory. The indians are probably just lying. How would villagers know what a flight data recorder looks like or even take it? It's not like they have the means to examine its contents.

FAA regulations do not require military air craft to carry any recording equipment. Hence when a military transport aircraft crashed in 1996 it was difficult to ascertain what caused it on the U.S. side, and I doubt other air forces will have a black box unless its dual use equipment civil and military. Don't want anyone snooping on critical data. :P

Only Indians can tell but there must a flight data recorder type device since the Heli doesn't need to go into Enemy territory at all... some interesting links..

https://theprint.in/defence/black-b...Delhi: The black box,were killed in the crash.

https://www.news18.com/news/india/w...ot-strike-hinges-on-one-question-2134039.html

https://english.newsnationtv.com/in...-that-crashed-near-budgam-missing-218790.html

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...er-that-crashed-in-srinagar-goes-missing.html

And interestingly, even Villagers exposed Indian blames & claims...
https://theprint.in/india/kashmir-v...opper-black-box-uniformed-men-took-it/229942/

Su-30 made of steel so heavy,big and emit like a star on rasars so no wonder the amram find no difficulty in poking it but I'm sure with the rafale it would be far difficult to even locate it.

The day Pakistan can kill a Su 30 MKI, that day moon will come down to earth. Don't fool your self with propaganda lies and deceit.

I find myself agreeing with you on this, seeing as how the Su 30s tend to tuck tail and prefer to watch their compatriots fall from the sky in big balls of fire from safe distances. The IAF gives out commendations for doing it too.

FAA regulations do not require military air craft to carry any recording equipment. Hence when a military transport aircraft crashed in 1996 it was difficult to ascertain what caused it on the U.S. side, and I doubt other air forces will have a black box unless its dual use equipment civil and military. Don't want anyone snooping on critical data. :P

I would disagree with you folks a little here.

Almost all fighter aircraft of 4th and 5th generation are equipped with an FDR that is specifically called Crash Survivable Memory Units or CSMU's. For example, Electrodynamics, Inc, a subsidiary of L-3 Communications, is a major supplier of Flight Data Recorders and Crash Survivable Memory Units for tactical military aircraft that includes the Lockheed Martin F-22, F-35, Saab JAS-39, B-1B, and B-2 bombers, and the Boeing T-45 Goshawk.

The one installed in F-35 can store up to 500 megabytes of data in crash-protected memory. This memory is designed to meet the crash survivability requirements of ED-112, the industry standard for military and commercial aircraft, including impact shock of 3,400 Gs, static crush of 5,000 pounds, fire at 1,100 degrees Celsius, and submersion in sea water to a depth of 20,000 feet.

I would disagree with you folks a little here.

Almost all fighter aircraft of 4th and 5th generation are equipped with an FDR that is specifically called Crash Survivable Memory Units or CSMU's. For example, Electrodynamics, Inc, a subsidiary of L-3 Communications, is a major supplier of Flight Data Recorders and Crash Survivable Memory Units for tactical military aircraft that includes the Lockheed Martin F-22, F-35, Saab JAS-39, B-1B, and B-2 bombers, and the Boeing T-45 Goshawk.

The one installed in F-35 can store up to 500 megabytes of data in crash-protected memory. This memory is designed to meet the crash survivability requirements of ED-112, the industry standard for military and commercial aircraft, including impact shock of 3,400 Gs, static crush of 5,000 pounds, fire at 1,100 degrees Celsius, and submersion in sea water to a depth of 20,000 feet.

Thanks for info.
I stand corrected. :o:

Last edited:
Su-30 made of steel so heavy,big and emit like a star on rasars so no wonder the amram find no difficulty in poking it but I'm sure with the rafale it would be far difficult to even locate it.
All 4th gen jets are made of aluminum alloys not from STEEL only MIG 25 made of steel

The AIM-120C is the same version as used on the F22-Raptors!

"There are currently four main variants of AMRAAM, all in service with the United States Air Force, United States Navy, and the United States Marine Corps. The AIM-120A is no longer in production and shares the enlarged wings and fins with the successor AIM-120B. The AIM-120C has smaller "clipped" aerosurfaces to enable internal carriage on the USAF F-22 Raptor. AIM-120B deliveries began in 1994.
The AIM-120C deliveries began in 1996. The C-variant has been steadily upgraded since it was introduc…"

Back
Top Bottom