What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

My view has been Nigeria needs Su-25s. If this is the deal, then it is unlikely to affect their air superiority requirements and the Fc-1 deal.

That's the picture they have used in the source article. Watch yourself: Nigeria to buy Russian fighter jets | Africa | Worldbulletin News

Worldbulletin doesn't sound credible.

Nigeria might be getting some helicopters from Russia since USA refuse to provide Cobra to them.

My view has been Nigeria needs Su-25s. If this is the deal, then it is unlikely to affect their air superiority requirements and the Fc-1 deal.

I didn't find any new related to Nigeria buying SU-25. Where did you get that?

When you want to sell weapons as a manufacturer---you need to be sure that you are meeting and exceeding the needs of the buyer---the emphasis is on exceeding the needs---today---tomorrow---the next day---10 years from now. For Pakistan---
thinking and wishing too loud now
what wonder those video adverts can do for the potential customers if they include actual footage of JF-17s taking part in Waziristan operations.
(oh the JF-17 protection brigade on to me)
Ok
ok

maybe not releasing their ordinance but a reccy or a flight past to show off its strike capabilities (how? imaging, mappng etc?) what about strafing for the heck of it?

(Baloch gone mad.. expressed the PAF spokesman )

there is an old old video footage from the TTP somewhere in south waziristan where there is a distinct sound of a cannon fire by an aeroplane that is not in the footage. how do I know? there is sound of a jet flght and a lot of rubble and dust on the ground and the dust and smoke appears first before the sound reaches the recorder
a signature of a cannon fired from an aircraft which i have personally witnessed in many combined exercises in Quetta near Smugly

(oay the aircraft is not combat ready..says the PAF spokesman )

what? then why bother selling it then?

Nigeria might be getting some helicopters from Russia since USA refuse to provide Cobra to them.

I think it's all hearsay. Nothing is confirmed yet until the Nigerians bring out the official word. I think the Nigerians are still in the negotiation phase with the various parties including China/Pakistan. The source regarding the Nigerian acquisition of Russian fighters doesn't seem very credible. We'll have to wait for official and credible sources.

One thing is certain, Nigeria needs the military hardware.

I didn't find any new related to Nigeria buying SU-25. Where did you get that?
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was not saying there is news about Nigeria and Su-25. I was simply stating what I see as Nigeria immediate requirements considering there threat. ... ... They need Hinds and ground attack.

Six post-Soviet states set to build collective air force

Would this open up new market for JF-17, currently Russia in not producing any single engined aircraft.
Soviet states means Russia customers if not allied with Nato . don't try to be player in btw Russia interest pakistan should keep happy with africans & south Asian countries & few middle - East .anything beyond that will require hard lobbying against western & Russian firm's.

Soviet states means Russia customers if not allied with Nato . don't try to be player in btw Russia interest pakistan should keep happy with africans & south Asian countries & few middle - East .anything beyond that will require hard lobbying against western & Russian firm's.

Well then India is also out of the race to sell the LCA as the aircraft has US engines , French Avionics along with other NATO technology.

JF-17 has Russian Engines which may give commonality to the other Russian aircrafts

You are right, Nigeria requires an aircraft with strike capability.
And this is one the reasons why they will not get Jf-17. Heck! even PAF is not using them in the operation.
How can we expect to sell an airplane that we're advertising it as "multi-role", and yet we're not using it ourselves to drop bombs!
Bottom line is PGMs still hasn't moved passed testing phase.

Egyptian President Mr AbdulFattah Elsisi met with the head of AVIC Aviation Industry Corporation of China Mr Lin Zuoming. They discussed the possibility of supporting Egypt in the aircraft manufacturing field and looked at a number of aircraft models that AVIC produce, which included the light multi-role fighter the FC-1 which is also known as the JF-17.

JF-17.jpg

Egyptian President Mr AbdulFattah Elsisi met with the head of AVIC Aviation Industry Corporation of China Mr Lin Zuoming. They discussed the possibility of supporting Egypt in the aircraft manufacturing field and looked at a number of aircraft models that AVIC produce, which included the light multi-role fighter the FC-1 which is also known as the JF-17.

View attachment 178412

No such thing as FC-1 is in production.

Just quoting the little article snippet.

Could Egypt be the first export customer? Its looking that way.

View attachment 178418

I'm gonna veto any attempts at selling the bird to you ! :smokin:

Unless of course you promise to give a personal tour of the Valley of the Kings, Abu Simbel and the rest of Ancient Egypt ! :whistle:

On Topic: Why would you guys need it ? Don't you have enough F-16s ? Shouldn't a better priority ought to be to get them BVR equipped instead ?

I'm gonna veto any attempts at selling the bird to you ! :smokin:

Unless of course you promise to give a personal tour of the Valley of the Kings, Abu Simbel and the rest of Ancient Egypt ! :whistle:

On Topic: Why would you guys need it ? Don't you have enough F-16s ? Shouldn't a better priority ought to be to get them BVR equipped instead ?

Ahlan beek feh ay wakt ya basha :)

Firstly, over 200 fighter aircraft have been or are due to be retired by the end of 2015. That's all the Mig-21s, F-7s, and Mirage III Horus' left in service. That's 8-10 squadrons that need to be replaced, whether it will be a one to one replacement is still unknown.

So what we need is a light multirole BVR capable air craft. Our relationship with the US is in a bad spot right now so more F-16s is out of the question. The EAF wants to coproduce a fighter and the only real option for that is the JF-17.

The F-16 along with the acquisition of new 4++ gen fighters (most likely the Rafale) will form the first tier of the EAF while the JF-17 will form the second tier.

The US will not supply us the AIM-120 due to our CISMOA status. The SD-10 on the JF-17 and the Meteor/Mica on the Rafale (or R-77 on the MiG-35) will be a great step forward from the AIM-7 on the F-16.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom