What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

JF-17 developed to fulfill Pakistan air force requirement though Pakistan wants to sell JF-17 to foreign customer they are reluctant/late to develop twin seater version as they are satisfied with one seater in their own Air force yet they dreaming to sell this Aircraft who would like to see some twin seater as trainer .I think this was blunder i Pakistan should developed both kind altogether to meat the potential customer .

There's reports that Egyptian military is planing to buy the JF-17 technology from Pakistan, to replace their aging Chinese J-7 jets.

It's estimated they will buy like 24 jets and the rest will be built in Egypt under license. They have about 60 J-7 jets that needs to be replaced, and of course Pakistan will get their share of dollars for every plane built in Egypt.

The Egyptian military is modernizing it's air force very rapidly, they signed a contract with Russia to acquire 24 Mig-29M2 jets to replace the Mig-21, and a new contract was signed months ago for 24 Mig-35 jets, and just few weeks ago it was reported that Egypt is negotiating with French Dassault for an initial order of 24 Rafale jets to replace the Mirage V jets.

Pakistan also needs to get some decent price 4.5 generation fighter like the Mig-35, it will be able to fck the Indian Mig-29's Su-30's, and it can very well handle the French Rafale.

Hi,

So---Brazil decides to buy the Grippen NG today----36 of them---and guess what----25% are going to be 2 seaters.

I think that has also been one of the factors in not making a sale for the JF 17.

PAF reminds me of the late Mr Soichiro Honda----he did not believe in a 6 cylinder Honda----. He stood firm for a 4 cylinder engine on Hondas for as long as he was alive----his belief was that 4 cy has enough power for every job.

Technically he may have been right---but in the buying publics mind---he was wrong. So---right after he passed away---Honda came out with 6 cylinder engine for its cars----. 6 Cylinder Honda vans and suv's are amongst the best selling.

PAF has to have flexibility in its design----. They have twin seater F 16's---they must have twin seater Jf 17's as well.

Bottomline----2 in an aircraft are better than one.
stubbornness and stupidity dont discriminate. its a tragedy that an aircraft design has to suffer that too. lets wait for the death or retirement of that pillock who came up with a bright idea of keeping JF-17 one seater only because PAF pilots can seamlessly transition from a simulation to a plane because it is so similar to F-16
(makes perfect sense , train a pilot on more expensive and limited F-16 and then downgrade him on thunder because its too similar to F-16)

and then decide to sell it to other airforces that may not have such confidence allegedly shared by ALL PAF pilots.

This thing has to get exports sooner or later. So many countries out there that cant afford high end stuff.

I feel like S. America will be an important market for this plane.

How do i become a think tank ? how many posts to reach it ? or is it a premium thing ?
Nope , not either of these alone .. I guess
Knowledge in any field of defense + no. Of posts+ activity every day + may be few other things

There should be a thread somewhere which says how one get promoted.,
Someone can help with a link here..

Mmm, explain more, how to maintain the quality ? and how many posts ? or rates or what

And, do i get promoted automatically or what ?

You get nominated for TT by any of our team members. The nomination will lead to a vote, vote will decide the outcome. To get nominated you have to maintain quality, do not engage in forum violations and practice respectful discourse. We usually consider members with 1000 posts + for such roles that too as a minimum and depending on the quality.

according to the chinese themselves.....

"The current global arms export market is still dominated by the United States. Russia’s orders remain stable in the second place while arms exports from Europe are gradually improving. China is relatively weak in this field. "If Russia and Europe are entering into rivalry with the U.S. over the cake, then China can only cut a corner form the cake", said Xu Yongling. Once the J-31 is being exported (or any other chinese origin platform), it will become a highly-competitive product in moderately developed countries or below, along with third-generation fighters.

European countries are traditional allies of the U.S. so their military aircraft trade contains a lot of strategic and political factors. It is very difficult for other countries to intervene.

The training systems in the NATO, the U.S. and its allies are bounded together. "It is very difficult for aircraft developed by outsider countries to enter their market as the threshold is very high", Xu Yongling said.

Xu Yongling stressed that China does not want to sell fighters to western countries. In addition to traditional friendly countries such as Pakistan, there are many countries in the Middle East, South Asia and Latin America whose demand for fighters matches China’s ability to export military aircraft. Some countries are lacking imported third-generation fighters while their second-generation fighters are going to the scrapheap. They have a large demand for importing fighters."

You get nominated for TT by any of our team members. The nomination will lead to a vote, vote will decide the outcome. To get nominated you have to maintain quality, do not engage in forum violations and practice respectful discourse. We usually consider members with 1000 posts + for such roles that too as a minimum and depending on the quality.

Is the "positive-negative" rating available for think tank's and mods only ? it's not available for senior/elite members ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom