What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

JF-17 finds buyer at Dubai show: report
REUTERS — UPDATED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO

BEIJING: The JF-17 fighter, jointly developed by China and Pakistan, notched its first sale at the Dubai Air Show and may receive additional orders in the future, the China Daily said on Wednesday, citing a Chinese executive.

Aviation Industry Corp of China (Avic) and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex closed the deal with an unidentified buyer at the air show, the newspaper said, citing an Avic statement. It did not say when the contract was signed or how many jets were sold.

“Several potential buyers have expressed to us their strong intention of introducing the aircraft,” Liu Yu, deputy head of Avic’s military aircraft sales division, was quoted as saying.

Also read: Pakistan wins first jet order at Paris Air Show: spokesman

China’s weapons exports jumped 143 per cent in the five years to 2014 compared to the previous five-year period, but still only account for about 5pc of the global arms market.

Published in Dawn, November 12th, 2015
@Windjammer @fakhre mirpur @Jonah Arthur @MastanKhan @MaarKhoor

@waz @Khafee @chauvunist @Color_Less_Sky @Adecypher

@Malik Abdullah @Aether @HRK @GreenFalcon

I was watching the Dubai Airshow, It's on live right now, and my mother was also sitting here.
She asked me "Are there any Pakistani Aircrafts?" And just then the Mushak comes on.
Then she goes "where is the F- Satra?"
Shocked, I replied, they couldn't make it because of some insurance issues.
She replies "Kissi kaam kay nahi hoe! Tum nay apnay boss say baat q nahi kiya?" :rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have a feeling she is a silent member of PDF. :p:

@Windjammer Are you certain that it is second order?
Well this is what the PAF official disclosed in Dubai and i assume the deal he was referring to was the one mentioned at the Paris Air Show so obviously for the customer mentioned in Dubai is in early days for the contract to be signed.
Because they had a multi-million dollar deal under the belt, neither country wanted to spend over a million dollars on insurance.

PAF Officials speak out over the first deal of JF 17 Thunder.

"The contract is already signed, but we will leave it to the customer to announce it first,” says Air Marshal Javaid Ahmed

He further adds Pakistan has full access to the JF-17’s source code, which gives it significant flexibility in tailoring the jet for customer requirements.

“Having the ability to do all the programming sends a very good message that whatever weapons they have, they can be integrated onto the aircraft. You don’t have to go China.”

Source: Potential JF 17 Buyer in Dubai

This makes lots of sense but still I will wait for some clear confirmed news in this regard.

I was watching the Dubai Airshow, It's on live right now, and my mother was also sitting here.
She asked me "Are there any Pakistani Aircrafts?" And just then the Mushak comes on.
She replies "Kissi kaam kay nahi hoe! Tum nay apnay boss say baat q nahi kiya?" :rofl:

Paging @black-hawk_101 :D

Janab apka Boss Air Chief Marshall shoail Amaan hai ??

On topic .. either its new buyer or purna Chawal .. it brings some Good news for PAC

Until the order is signed and confirmed this is just a rumor. JF-17 is designed and built to replace Pakistan's 250 obsolete fighters and only 60 are built so far why so much emphasis on exports when we need them desperately ?

Lol at f satra...:lol::rofl:

Until the order is signed and confirmed this is just a rumor. JF-17 is designed and built to replace Pakistan's 250 obsolete fighters and only 60 are built so far why so much emphasis on exports when we need them desperately ?
Helps get you some much needed $$ and helps the industry to grow in a new dynamic...moreover further economies of scale helps bring prices down by few notches(i guess)..

Question why is this article suggesting that buyer is unnamed/secret??

Oh you mean Zaid Hamid ...

زید حامد خاموش کیوں ہے؟ کیاچپ شاہ کے روزے

Helps get you some much needed $$ and helps the industry to grow in a new dynamic...moreover further economies of scale helps bring prices down by few notches(i guess). Question why is this article suggesting that buyer is unnamed/secret??

They keep it "secret" since the deal is not final. Probbaly they will use any countrys name.

Any news of sale of Pakistani made aircraft is good news for the whole nation. I am sure our authorities must have a good reason for keeping the identity of the buyer secret. Eventually it will come out by the responsible authorities. Pakistan has plenty of enemies and at our slightest weak point they will not hesitate to create mischief. So if the identity of foreign buyer is kept secret for now, I am all for it.

She missed Jay . :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom