ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam

Source: Xinhua
Editor: huaxia
2023-04-22 23:01:15
1682228747018.png

This photo taken on April 22, 2023 shows a scene of the 2023 Chinese language study seminar and expo in Vietnam's capital Hanoi. The 2023 Chinese language study seminar and expo kicked off here on Saturday, with the participation of 52 Chinese universities and more than 12,000 guests, the biggest among over 40 host countries over the past eight years. (Xinhua/Tao Jun)

HANOI, April 22 (Xinhua) -- The 2023 Chinese language study seminar and expo kicked off here on Saturday, with the participation of 52 Chinese universities and more than 12,000 guests, the biggest among over 40 host countries over the past eight years.

Chinese and Vietnamese officials, Chinese language learners, and examinees of Chinese proficiency test are among those present at the event.

Addressing the seminar, Ma Jianfei, director general of the Center for Language Education and Cooperation (CLEC) of China, said such a seminar is a bridge connecting Chinese language learners from all over the world who come to China to study, contributing to creating more jobs and expanding international education services.

1682228948900.png

"We are pleased to see that with the deepening of China-Vietnam relations, the number of Vietnamese people learning Chinese is increasing, and the demand for learning Chinese and studying in China is also constantly rising," he said.

Xi Hui, minister of the Chinese Embassy in Vietnam, said cooperation in education and youth exchange plays an active role in enhancing understanding and promoting traditional friendship between China and Vietnam, and youths are the future of the relationship between the two countries.

China announced that in the next five years, it will give Vietnam no less than 1,000 Chinese Government Scholarships and no less than 1,000 International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarships, helping Vietnam train highly qualified human resources and teachers of Chinese language education, she said.

Surprisingly high amount of Vietnamese speak Cantonese here in Canada.

Among all foreign languages including English, Vietnamese need the highest marks to get into universities to study Chinese now.

Surprisingly high amount of Vietnamese speak Cantonese here in Canada.

The are fake Vietnamese and they are migrants from China. Not unlike Chinese Singaporeans.

In Vietnam, the likelyhood of Nguyen and Le being natives are high. The rest of surname are likely descendants of Chinese. VIetnamese assimilate Chinese so successfully that Chinese forget their forefathers.

The are fake Vietnamese and they are migrants from China. Not unlike Chinese Singaporeans.

In Vietnam, the likelyhood of Nguyen and Le being natives are high. The rest of surname are likely descendants of Chinese. VIetnamese assimilate Chinese so successfully that Chinese forget their forefathers.
Most native Vietnamese I saw on Youtubes who speak Chinese do speak quite well and fluently after learning for relatively short period of time. Many Vietnamese vocubs are very similar to Chinese. Vietnamese have the innate gene to speak Chinese well.

Most native Vietnamese I saw on Youtubes who speak Chinese do speak quite well and fluently after learning for relatively short period of time. Many Vietnamese vocubs are very similar to Chinese. Vietnamese have the innate gene to speak Chinese well.

3 month

Among all foreign languages including English, Vietnamese need the highest marks to get into universities to study Chinese now.

Really? Where the fairness? All shall be treated equal

Really? Where the fairness? All shall be treated equal
Can you understand any Chinese ? You can see the scores in the youtube she is showing at some point on chart. Like all universities in the world, some studies require higher entrance marks than the others esp if there are large number of students want to study those fields.

Can you understand any Chinese ? You can see the scores in the youtube she is showing at some point on chart. Like all universities in the world, some studies require higher entrance marks than the others esp if there are large number of students want to study those fields.
My spouse is partial chinese. I can some but almost forget everything. Chinese is like any other foreign language if not using regularly then you forget it. Give me 6 months.
About high score, low score, same here, prestigious universities require high score. I graduated 2 universities I know.

My spouse is partial chinese. I can some but almost forget everything. Chinese is like any other foreign language if not using regularly then you forget it. Give me 6 months.
About high score, low score, same here, prestigious universities require high score. I graduated 2 universities I know.
Lots Vietnamese on youtube who learned to speak Chinese say it's much easier for them to learn to speak Chinese than say English or German.

not what I had in mind. I was thinking skilled labor force with sufficient spoken Chinese, not this college level Chinese study

Lots Vietnamese on youtube who learned to speak Chinese say it's much easier for them to learn to speak Chinese than say English or German.
Yes because Vietic has chinese root. We share same cultural and language backgrounds.
English, German share with French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese the same cultural and language root: Latin.
The differences lie in writings, grammar and pronunciation.
For people with same same they have easier to speak similar languages.
The most difficulty in Chinese is mastering the writing, the script.

Yes because Vietic has chinese root. We share same cultural and language backgrounds.
English, German share with French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese the same cultural and language root: Latin.
I saw a lots of Vietnamese, particularly young girls came to China and posted their vlog on youtube and tiktok, they are mainly in Shanghai, Chongqing, Shenzhen.

Chinese writing wouldn't be that difficult if Vietnam hadn't abandoned the writing in the last century and adopted Latin alphabets instead. It would be relatively easy to learn the characters from early ages just as Chinese kids do at schools as their first native language. One has to learn about 3000 Chinese characters to be proficient in everyday Chinese readings and writings even though there are about 100,000 Chinese characters in total. But, one has to learn way over 3000 English words to be good in English usage. So, English language and writing are easy to learn in the beginning but difficult as the learning gets. Chinese writing is the opposite, more difficult to learn at beginning, but gets easier later on.

Back
Top Bottom