What's new

Exploring Saudi Arabia's marine wonderland

@al-Hasani

You did such a wonderful job bro !

Very nice medias & infos.

I appreciate your effort masha' Allah nice .:tup:

Thanks a lot .:-)

You are very welcome brother. Glad that you liked it. We must be better to show the world how beautiful our country is and understand the huge potential for tourism.

Unfortunately so many of my photos from Arabic pages have disappeared if you take a look but there are still a lot photos thankfully!

Diving Holidays to Saudi Arabia, Red Sea

During his first exploration of the Red Sea the legendary underwater explorer Jacques Yves Cousteau observed about the shorelines of Saudi Arabia and Sudan - "Life abounds in bank after bank of exuberant coral structures, second only to those of the Great Barrier Reef in extent and exceeding it perhaps in splendour. Here there is deep clarity, blazing colour, and active fauna living under the most arid and least populated of coasts". For years cloaked in secrecy, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has exploded on to the tourist track. International Cultural Tourism has been evident for many years with groups coming from Japan, America and Europe. Saudi Arabia is now realising a national heritage and opening sustained dive tourism. Our Saudi Arabia dive trips are from Liveaboards and proving to be a great success. This is as a result of spectacular diving with newly discovered dive sites and an abundance of large pelagic activity both on our Yanbu and Farasan Banks itineraries, with several species of sharks including silkies, oceanics and tigers, as well as giant mantas.

saudi.1.jpg

It has been said that Saudi Arabia is one of diving's last frontiers, and it is a fact that very few westerners have ever been able to dive here. The appeal of diving almost untouched, barely explored reefs is undeniable. With an incredible variety of marine life and some of the most flourishing coral reefs to be found anywhere in the world - it is no wonder that so many famous explorers have dived here.

saudi.2.jpg

The Red Sea is rated as one of the top ten diving destinations in the world. Egypt, Sudan and Jordan offer fantastic diving, but how many of you have dived the Saudi Arabian Red Sea? How many of you know anyone who has? Without question, many if not most of the outer reefs in that region have never been dived. The diversity of marine life and fauna along the reefs really are quite exquisite and offer the diver a high quality and extremely memorable diving experience.

Diving sites in Saudi Arabia

YANBU DIVE SITE​

saudi.4.jpg

The city of Yanbu al Bahar , which in Arabic means “Yanbu by the Sea”, is located 300km North of Jeddah, on the same longitude as the Zabargad Islands in Egypt . Leaving the port of El Sharm several dive sites located in the stretch of sea between Al Hasani Island, north of Yanbu and Sha’ah al Abjad in the South can be reached. 8 miles to the West is the Gotha el Sharm reef , a first taste of this untouched sea with its magnificent coral sculptures still intact. Close by, on the north side of the reef one can dive on the wreck of the Shouna. The epicentre of the cruise is the Seen Reefs complex, found approx. 27 miles from the departure port. Sha’ab al Markeb , Abu Sulul , Mansi , Tawil , Abu Galawa , Shabarir and Testes; each has its own unique characteristics but all have in common the spectacular surroundings and strong presence of large pelagic fish. These dives are considered to be among the best the Red Sea has to offer, clear waters, intact coral, steep walls and many pelagic fish that are becoming used to the presence of man. Numerous hammerhead, longimanus, white and grey sharks swim freely and undisturbed in these waters. The cruise continues towards the northern reefs and the dives sites of sha’ab Gurush , sha’ab Suflani and sha’ab Sadiki, true coral atolls emerging from the blue depths. Dives around here are exceptional and the untouched atolls provide a fitting backdrop.

FARASAN BANKS DIVE SITE

saudi.5.jpg

The Farasan archipelago is made up of a vast coral bank comprising a multitude of reefs and islands extending from south Jeddah up to the coast of Yemen. The Saudi part of the Farasan is divided into two areas called Farasan Banks and the Farasan Archipelago. The Banks are made up of small islands and a multitude of reefs most of which rise above the surface. The port of Al Lith, located 230 km south of Jeddah, is the departure point, and after a journey of approximately 3 hours the first dive sites are reached; small white sand islands alternate with semi-submerged reefs. Real volcanic cones rise up with vertical walls and depths of around 500 metres, upon which are formed islands such as Mar Mar, which apart from offering splendid dives is also the stopover point for the night. The islands of Dohra, al Jadir, Malothu and the Gorgonia, Bandu and Long reefs are nearby. 25 miles south is sha’ab Ammar, a horseshoe shaped reef, also used as a night stopover point. A few miles to the south are the Jabbara and Mudar reefs, setting the scene for spectacular dives. Common characteristics of these sites are the incredible variety of hard coral found on the peaks and the large quantity of fish found in the currents. On descending, one can observe the passage of large pelagic fish, including the much admired tiger shark. Colourful Canyon reef closes this tour of the twilight zone. Before returning to port there is a stop on the mountainous Abu Latt island, to view the breathtaking natural scenery.

saudi.6.jpg

Diving holiday liveaboard Prices, Saudi Arabia: Red Sea
saudi.17.jpg

Prices start at £1650 per person for one week. All prices are per person –Saudi Arabian Airlines return flights. Full board accommodation on liveaboard - 5 1/2 days diving on board (incl 3 tanks, guide diver).

Diving holidays to Saudi Arabia | Red Sea Diving Holidays | Liveaboards in Saudi Arabia | Yabul and Farasan Banks are Saudi Arabia's top dive sites

@Rakan.SA

I discussed Yanbu with you in that other thread after you said that your family is originally from there.

Many of the photos and videos in this thread are actually from Yanbu.

yanbu.jpg

photo23.jpg

ARAC Yanbu Resort -- شاليه اراكـ في ينبع by ALdowayan, on Flickr

Beach Yanbu by √-Fahad Al-Sayari ™, on Flickr

The last video is from January this year.

Also check this forum out;

http://www.yanbufuture.com/vb/index.php

Look at all that potential man! Yanbu is close to Madinah too and the new top modern airport.

@Gasoline bro this might also interest you.:D

Last edited:
Thank you xudeen.

@Rakan.SA

I discussed Yanbu with you in that other thread after you said that your family is originally from there.

Many of the photos and videos in this thread are actually from Yanbu.

yanbu.jpg

photo23.jpg

ARAC Yanbu Resort -- شاليه اراكـ في ينبع by ALdowayan, on Flickr

Beach Yanbu by √-Fahad Al-Sayari ™, on Flickr

The last video is from January this year.

Also check this forum out;

http://www.yanbufuture.com/vb/index.php

Look at all that potential man! Yanbu is close to Madinah too and the new top modern airport.

@Gasoline bro this might also interest you.:D

Of course it will .Thanks brother :enjoy:

Wow.

That's amazing, I wish I can have a chance to move around our beloved country especially Jazan,Yanbu and Madinah :smitten:

There are many additional places to visit except Jeddah because I live there ,Riyadh because I didn't find it interesting at all ,and Taif because I'm already from there ! :partay:

Thank you xudeen.

There is so much to see and visit in KSA. I have much to visit myself. The distances are huge though.

Haha, another Hijazi.:enjoy:

Ta'if and nearby areas are beautiful! It is one of the highest situated towns in the ME and world actually. Not Al-Baha or Abha levels but 1879 meters above sea level is still a lot.:enjoy:

You definitely should visit Yanbu.

Some of the almost 2000 Saudi Arabian islands (most are tropical):
55ow39.jpg

wivluu.jpg

8698564016_914e5e0842_o.jpg

فرسان by jazan2013, on Flickr

8946248918_2d87b8d962_b.jpg

غابة المانجروف by Tayseer Alabyadh, on Flickr

35d4vgk.jpg

2w35clg.jpg

2gua1q8.jpg

280ocuv.jpg

My brother , Start a private conversion with me I need you in something :enjoy::lol:

Who the hell is deleting my posts time and time again? Is it now illegal to post photos of amazing tropical islands and beaches?

My brother , Start a private conversion with me I need you in something :enjoy::lol:

Brother, I cannot write on other users pages yet due to being a new user. Wait until I get my old account back.

Will post my post again.

Wow! KSA, you guys have wonderful natural heritage & incredible urban development projects to boot, well done! Very impressive!

Thank you xudeen.

Of course it will .Thanks brother :enjoy:

Wow.

That's amazing, I wish I can have a chance to move around our beloved country especially Jazan,Yanbu and Madinah :smitten:

There are many additional places to visit except Jeddah because I live there ,Riyadh because I didn't find it interesting at all ,and Taif because I'm already from there ! :partay:

There is so much to see and visit in KSA. I have much to visit myself. The distances are huge though.

Haha, another Hijazi.:enjoy:

Ta'if and nearby areas are beautiful! It is one of the highest situated towns in the ME and world actually. Not Al-Baha or Abha levels but 1879 meters above sea level is still a lot.:enjoy:

You definitely should visit Yanbu.

Some of the almost 2000 Saudi Arabian islands (most are tropical):
55ow39.jpg

wivluu.jpg

8698564016_914e5e0842_o.jpg

فرسان by jazan2013, on Flickr

8946248918_2d87b8d962_b.jpg

غابة المانجروف by Tayseer Alabyadh, on Flickr

35d4vgk.jpg

2w35clg.jpg

2gua1q8.jpg

280ocuv.jpg

Ancient shipwrecks discovered in Jeddah

1425672502602039900.jpg

HIDDEN TRUTH: A member of the Saudi-German team of archaeologists checks the wreck of a ship in Jeddah’s Red Sea. (Photo courtesy: Gerd Knepel)
JEDDAH: FOUZIA KHAN

Published — Saturday 7 March 2015

Last update 7 March 2015 12:14 am

Saudi and German archaeologists have discovered two ancient shipwrecks along the Jeddah coast, in a joint project between the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) and the Philipps University of Marburg in Germany.
This was revealed recently at a lecture organized by the German Consulate in Jeddah. Michaela Reinfeld, a German archaeologist who spoke at the event, had been part of the dive team that made the find.
The Roman ship discovered is the oldest archaeologically documented shipwreck found along the Saudi Arabian coast, she said. The other ship dates to the early Islamic era. There was also an ancient jetty found, she said.
The team had made dives near Jeddah, Rabigh in the north and Al-Shoaibah in the south, along 200 km of coastline. Reinfeld said that citizens in Jeddah had provided the dive team with many leads on other archaeological sites.
The team would be following up on the information.
Reinfeld said the team, with archaeologists from the SCTA, plan to document all discoveries made in Jeddah. There are also initiatives underway to help Saudi Arabian scientists and archaeologists protect ancient relics found under the sea and set up public exhibitions.
Reinfeld said the project is being run over five years, with 16 people receiving training. The project started in 2013.
The Saudi team members would soon sit for their final exams to get their diving licensees, she said.
Annette Klein, the new consul general of Germany, had said earlier that the project was an opportunity to further develop cooperation between Saudi Arabia and Germany because it would see students from the countries working together.
The team included Winfried Held, a professor and head of the institute for classical archaeology at Philipps University of Marburg, Gerd Knepel, an archaeologist from the university and dive instructor, six archaeologists from the SCTA, and archaeology students from the university.

Ancient shipwrecks discovered in Jeddah | Arab News

I wonder if they found old Arabian scimitar swords such as those ones below as I have heard that they have found in other shipwrecks.

10cvjo9.jpg
@Rakan.SA @Gasoline

I never told you but I am a collector of old Arabian/Arab swords and daggers. In general old artifacts. This passion is inherited in the family. I should make a topic about this on the Arab section of the forum.

@ebray @Antaréss

This thread might interest you both.

Last edited:
You should not care should you? Nobody forces you or other Farsis to visit. The Arab section of the forum is strictly for military discussions. Last time I checked the Arab world is the heart of the ME and MENA region. 90% of it are Arab lands.

Why is it everything farsi farsi farsi with you?

I'm Iranian.

Red_Sea.jpg

wssr37.jpg

2wgszfa.jpg

@Jungibaaz

Brother, please delete post 146 and 147 in this thread as they are troll posts/posts of no value. I will then proceed to delete my post number 148.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Great diving video from Yanbu and Al-Wajh along the tropical Red Sea.

The other video is spearfishing in Yanbu in the Red Sea.

The other video is spearfishing in Yanbu in the Red Sea.

You can rent scuba diving gear in Yanbu and explore the famous red sea marine life.
Don´t forget to eat the fresh fish from the fish market... Egyptian vendors make unforgettable oven baked fish out side fish market.
Yanbu is a historic city, it takes you back to history. For Muslims, Yanbu´s historic connection is equally fascinating and the road to Madina is breath taking. You start feeling that you exist in hundreds of years back.
Stop by at mount Uhud jog your history knowledge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom