What's new

Expansion essential to make UN security council credible: India

He doesn't sit well with these bragging Indians and constantly get into arguments with them. Most reasonable person would get into arguments with these irrational Indians. Rational Indians are few and far in between in this forum. They rarely come in here any more and who can blame them.

And rational chinese are non-existence in this forum .

He doesn't sit well with these bragging Indians and constantly get into arguments with them. Most reasonable person would get into arguments with these irrational Indians. Rational Indians are few and far in between in this forum. They rarely come in here any more and who can blame them.

You have a good point. It is fine to disagree, but is it always necessary to be disgreeable? Trolling begets more trolling. Back and forth we go until the mind reels.

Until India can get its economy back to 8%+ growth levels and a nominal GDP close to Japan's ..no matter what its population is...UNSC permanent seat is a bit out of reach (IMHO)

Power hierarchies are : US, China, Russia, GB, France in this order.

Comparisons to China...and when India might overtake it are futile in the present!
Until there is a sudden turnabout in China's India related policy (which I personally think has infinitesimal probability), it will always Veto this proposal.

But frankly...the only use of a being a UNSC PM is to bully around smaller countries.
All the 5 have gone ahead with military intervention wherever they have seen it fit since they have had the military power to do it.
Such resolutions were never tabled at the UNSC...since they would be vetoed anyways.

Its because of the Veto powers...the non-permanent members have zilch roles to play!
Also..this had to happen, Sit on the U.N. Security Council? | The Weekly Standard :enjoy:

One a side note, India's diplomacy related staff is woefully inadequate.
IFS is actually not that popular anymore.(2 of my friends who made it ...got IAS...they were so happy it wasn't IFS:hitwall:)
I hate to quote TOI... but this article does give numbers and makes sense Foreign policy on a shoestring - Times Of India

Back
Top Bottom