What's new

Featured Ex PN Chief Zafar Mehmood Abbasi highlighted PN modernization

If the six heavier type being procured from damen then the following are two options or variation of them

sigma class as pretty much same as opv 2300 plus tons while the other ship is heavier 6000 tons class I guess time will tell what is pn upto

https://products.damen.com/-/media/..._385.pdf?rev=7cca1941dba1487182badeb1bde687eb

Pakistan Navy to Add Over 50 Vessels to its Fleet

The Pakistan Navy will add more than 50 vessels, including 20 major ships, to its fleet as part of an ambitious modernization plan to improve its capabilities, the country’s outgoing Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) said last week, PTI reported.

Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi said in his farewell address that the Navy will induct four Chinese frigates in the next few years and as many Turkish medium-class ships between 2023 and 2025.

He said the Hangor submarine project, which is being carried out in collaboration with China, was progressing according to the plan, and four submarines were being built each in Pakistan and China.

‘This project will transform us from a submarine-operating Navy to a submarine-building one,” Abbasi was quoted as saying by the state-run Radio Pakistan.

A fleet of more than 50 vessels, including 20 major ships, was envisioned to improve the capabilities of the Navy, the report quoted him as saying.

The outgoing chief also that said his primary focus had been on transforming the Pakistan Navy into a combat-ready force, with special emphasis on optimum battle preparedness and professional competence.

Abbasi formally handed over the command to the new naval chief Admiral Amjad Khan Niazi on Wednesday in a ceremony held at PNS Zafar in Islamabad (photo).

Admiral Niazi, who was commissioned in the Operations Branch of Pakistan Navy in 1985, has previously served as Principal Secretary to the Chief of the Naval Staff, Head of F-22P Mission China, Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (training and evaluation), and Director-General of Naval Intelligence, the report said citing Pakistan Navy.

@Zarvan @DESERT FIGHTER @Rashid Mahmood @PanzerKiel

Last edited:

The Pakistan Navy will add more than 50 vessels, including 20 major ships, to its fleet as part of an ambitious modernization plan to improve its capabilities, the country’s outgoing Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) said last week, PTI reported.

Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi said in his farewell address that the Navy will induct four Chinese frigates in the next few years and as many Turkish medium-class ships between 2023 and 2025.

He said the Hangor submarine project, which is being carried out in collaboration with China, was progressing according to the plan, and four submarines were being built each in Pakistan and China.

‘This project will transform us from a submarine-operating Navy to a submarine-building one,” Abbasi was quoted as saying by the state-run Radio Pakistan.

A fleet of more than 50 vessels, including 20 major ships, was envisioned to improve the capabilities of the Navy, the report quoted him as saying.

The outgoing chief also that said his primary focus had been on transforming the Pakistan Navy into a combat-ready force, with special emphasis on optimum battle preparedness and professional competence.

Abbasi formally handed over the command to the new naval chief Admiral Amjad Khan Niazi on Wednesday in a ceremony held at PNS Zafar in Islamabad (photo).

Admiral Niazi, who was commissioned in the Operations Branch of Pakistan Navy in 1985, has previously served as Principal Secretary to the Chief of the Naval Staff, Head of F-22P Mission China, Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (training and evaluation), and Director-General of Naval Intelligence, the report said citing Pakistan Navy.

pn not adding 50 but add on top of existing assets to bring total to 50

F22p and existing assets etc are part of the count

Thats how I read into it

pn not adding 50 but add on top of existing assets to bring total to 50

F22p and existing assets etc are part of the count

Thats how I read into it

Might be true but still good enough to hold strong just incase !!!!

Thing is the number twenty is not making sense to me. Former Naval Chief said that Pakistan will have twenty major surface ships. Now what he means by major surface ships is not clear. Because in same speech he mentioned development of a Hyper Sonic Ballistic Missile (P292) and I think Pakistan is also developing super sonic cruise missile which can be fired from Ships and Submarines. For a ballistic missile which can be fired from ship and has range of at least 1000 KM. That basically means you need a huge destroyer for that. Plus Submarines which have VLS to carry those. So if we consider Type 54 and Milgem and F-22 as major surface ships. I really find it hard to see Destroyers. Therefore I am quiet confused.

PN Plan will continue after Type 54 and Milgem ships.
PN is busy with turkey to design new ship ...details are unknown yet.

Love the parts about local production. Submarine production and I believe the Jinnah class is the indigenous ship being built with Turkish cooperation.

Which MALE UAV did PN buy?
How will SSGN be increased to a division-sized force will it be open for civilians?
With all this equipment PN will be a headache for IN.

Have the Marines been modrenized?
How is their training different from the regular army?
Are they better equipped than the army?

Which MALE UAV did PN buy?
How will SSGN be increased to a division-sized force will it be open for civilians?
With all this equipment PN will be a headache for IN.

Will include support staff. Not all will be Operators. Nuff said.
Have the Marines been modrenized?
How is their training different from the regular army?
Are they better equipped than the army?

Will be trained and deployed as a heaver, sea based version LCB, just not so "light" nuff said.

Thing is the number twenty is not making sense to me. Former Naval Chief said that Pakistan will have twenty major surface ships. Now what he means by major surface ships is not clear. Because in same speech he mentioned development of a Hyper Sonic Ballistic Missile (P292) and I think Pakistan is also developing super sonic cruise missile which can be fired from Ships and Submarines. For a ballistic missile which can be fired from ship and has range of at least 1000 KM. That basically means you need a huge destroyer for that. Plus Submarines which have VLS to carry those. So if we consider Type 54 and Milgem and F-22 as major surface ships. I really find it hard to see Destroyers. Therefore I am quiet confused.

no body said anything about ballistic missile with x range rather just hypersonic ballistic so needing type of ship frigate Or destroyer or cruise is premature assumption on your part

lastly the type of heavy Ship 6 in number are still not know so who know I am sure if they are developing they have thought out the launch platform as well and it would make sense to make is compatible with current and future platforms

Chao

It took the ssg 2 decades to go from a brigade strength to a div. + strength and even now the last battalion is not full strength.
Thats how long it takes if ur not cutting corners and compromising on standards.
So good luck ssgn.

On the occasion of launch of Tug boat there were some news reports that 9 ships and boats are under construction. can any one shed light on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom