What's new

“Enough already!’ Venezuela’s highest ranking military diplomat breaks with Maduro

I don't know exactly. Maybe Hugo Chavez didn't try enough to create a party-less society which then allowed the opposition to create an "us against them" sentiment to be created.

Maybe Maduro doesn't have the charisma of the late Hugo Chavez whose name derived to the phrase "Chavismo".

Or maybe they became so arrogant with Oil money, that they never thought it is important to diversify their economy, with more emphasis on reducing imports on vital items and putting more focus on sustainable agriculture?

Hugo Chaves used Venezuela's oil wealth to provide Venezuelans a better life. The zionist-americans imposed sanctions to impede Venezuela as country to function with international trade. Currently there are $11 billion worth of money in oil trade that is suspended due to sanctions. $2 billion in gold, blocked by zionist-britain which belongs to Venezuela. Even vacations for malaria weren't provided by Columbia, when Venezuela was under crises and Moduro Govt had asked them for help.

By the way, no independent country should stupid enough to decide to store their gold in britain. You know the same britain which looted and plundered various countries in the 17th & 18th centuries, when the colonized them. The current situation with Venezuelan gold should serve as a reminder, to never store any gold or have any trade with that vile little island of britain, the midwife of zionism.

By the way, no independent country should stupid enough to decide to store their gold in britain. You know the same britain which looted and plundered various countries in the 17th & 18th centuries, when the colonized them. The current situation with Venezuelan gold should serve as a reminder, to never store any gold or have any trade with that vile little island of britain, the midwife of zionism.

I'm sure the reason the gold was put off-site in the first place was to protect it from being squandered by inept governments.

I'm sure the reason the gold was put off-site in the first place was to protect it from being squandered by inept governments.

Umm not so much as inept Venezuelan government, who under Chavez used oil wealth to provide Venezuelan citizens good services, jobs, health care and education. That's a standing record of Venezuelan government. But when it comes to keeping a country's gold for safe keeping in the West. Well let's just say their track record is pathetic and puts them at the top of the lost of countries NOT EVER to be trusted.

Post WW2, the Bretten Woods agreement was in the process of being in acted. The US dollar became the reserve currency, and it was backed by gold. The rate was set at $38/troy ounce, the currencies of the rest of the developed/developing world were pegged to the US Dollar, whereas the US Dollar was pegged to the gold at said rate. Which meant for countries to conduct trade, they required to give physical gold in exchange for the "paper" dollar. Whereas all america had to do was print more dollars which costed a mere few cents to do. By 1965, some countries began to redeem their US dollars for gold, as rule set in Bretten Woods Agreement and america fork out the gold, since it's dollar was the reserve currency pegged to the gold.

Then, in 1971, the Nixon Administration reversed the dollar to gold redemption. Effectively annulled the primary directive of the Bretten Woods Agreement. The situation became so dire, that countries refused to accept american dollars, which became worthless in some regions. The french took it as far as sending navy warships to new york harbor, with orders to return with
french gold. Well things didn't go as planned and the american preeminence on the world began to falter. To make matters worse, the Arab nations hit back with a vengence, when american support for israel showed this was a country that was to not be trusted at all. Oil prices skyrocketed and it seemed that america's economic might would be brought down to its knees.

It is only after King Faisal (the main proponent of Oil Embargo) was assassinated (conveniently by CIA), that "zionist-america" reached an agreement with the Arab League to see oil exclusively in US Dollar, making it the reserve currency of the world.

So please, don't lecture about ineptitude, when history shows who really has been a liar, a thief, a criminal all this time. The world is recognizing the crooked criminal called the zionist, which owns and controls america. And that's why most of the world is NOT falling for what has become an "a typical" western BULLSHIT!!

There are some left in this world who can and will confront the Anglo-American hegemon, Satan's two horns America & Britain.

The french took it as far as sending navy warships to new york harbor, with orders to return with
french gold.

After that I didn't read anymore because it is completely ridiculous.

Which ship or ships was this supposedly? Please don't blindly parrot conspiracy theory sites without facts.

Hey @Vergennes can you elaborate on the French ship(s) that sailed into NY Harbor demanding gold. It's certainly possible you guys used the military to transfer assets but it wasn't sent there as some kind of show of force.

What do you think went wrong with Venezuala?

Hugo Chavez fired half the employees of the big oil company producing the majority of the wealth in Venezuela, replacing them with people loyal to Chavez, which knew squat about running an oil company. Then he started siphoning of the profit for his extensive reform programs, but leaving no funding for investment. The end result beeing that the oil company producing less and less profits, so then Chavez got loans from China for further consumption, and now a significant share of the oil produced goes directly to China as repayment of the loans.
When Chavez died of Cancer, he was replaced by Maduro, which has zero Charisma, so he quickly pissed of everyone. When the opposition got a majority in the parlament, he just replaced the parlament informing everyone that their votes counted for nothing.
There are plenty of suspicions on voter fraud in the last presidential election.
He is a perfect idol for all the dictator worshippers at PDF.

The new self proclaimed president has according to the local news been using some esoteric part of the Venezuelan law. Whether that is true or not, I do not know.

That Maduro is acting illegally since a few years, is pretty obvious.

It seems USA want to bring democrazy to Venezuela and turn it another libya、iraq

I don't know how Maduro can survive this... Tick tock.. I don't think outside Powers have the right to interfere.. but still..

Or maybe they became so arrogant with Oil money, that they never thought it is important to diversify their economy, with more emphasis on reducing imports on vital items and putting more focus on sustainable agriculture?

Well, they are growing food crops in cities - Urban Farming - at neighborhood level. Maybe not all food but at least some vital ones. This article gives a good idea.

After that I didn't read anymore because it is completely ridiculous. Which ship or ships was this supposedly? Please don't blindly parrot conspiracy theory sites without facts.

Do you even know what the Bretten Woods Agreement is? Have even read it? It was an agreement after WW2. Anyone who has had any background in Political Science knows what Bretten Woods Agreement was. As it preceded after a major global event. It's appalling to see how some idiots just run their mouths without having any knowledge of the subject.

Also, don't give me that bullshit about conspiracy theory again. It's ignorant fools like you who have no knowledge on the subject, yet run their mouth.

Charles Kolb, Contributor

Senior Public Policy Executive

Jan 23, 2019

Most Americans will probably not recognize immediately the significance of August 15, 1971, in the history of global finance and international economics. Former Office of Management and Budget Director David Stockman, in his splendid book, The Great Deformation, cites this date as the beginning of an era of "fiat money." Bertrand Badré, the new CFO of the World Bank (and formerly the CFO at the French bank Société Générale), says that we are now at the close of a 42-year era that began on August 15, 1971.

So what happened on that late-summer day? It was a Sunday, and President Richard Nixon suspended convertability of the US dollar into gold, effectively ending the 25-year Bretton Woods era of fixed currency exchange rates against the US dollar. US gold reserves were facing enormous pressure due to balance of payment concerns, the Vietnam War debt and Great Society programs, and the ensuing monetary inflation. A growing number of countries began to redeem their dollar holdings for gold.

France sent a warship to New York harbor in early August 1971 with instructions to bring back its gold from the New York Federal Reserve Bank. It was, after all, French President Charles de Gaulle who remained consistently skeptical about the US dollar, saying at a press conference on February 4, 1965, that it was impossible for the dollar to be "an impartial and international trade medium . . . It is in fact a credit instrument reserved for one state only." (Cited in Benn Steil's The Battle of Bretton Woods. Princeton University Press, 2013.) After August 15, 1971, the value of the dollar floated against other major currencies, thereby relieving the pressure on the world's major reserve currency but also removing the earlier discipline to use that responsibility carefully.

I was in Europe during that period and had just finished a two-month internship with the Crédit Lyonnais bank's foreign-exchange division. Some ten days before I left the bank, my boss, who knew I planned to spend two weeks traveling around Europe before returning to college in the United States, told me that he was, for the first time, seeing unusual behavior in the foreign currency markets. He wasn't sure what was happening but suggested that I buy traveler's checks in Deutschemarks before beginning my travels. I was 20 years old, and he had 20 years of experience, so I followed his advice and converted my French francs and US traveler's checks into Deutschemarks a few days before August 15.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_4284327

Do you even know what the Bretten Woods Agreement is? Have even read it? It was an agreement after WW2. Anyone who has had any background in Political Science knows what Bretten Woods Agreement was. As it preceded after a major global event. It's appalling to see how some idiots just run their mouths without having any knowledge of the subject.

Also, don't give me that bullshit about conspiracy theory again. It's ignorant fools like you who have no knowledge on the subject, yet run their mouth.

If he is dumb enough to think the reason gold is stored in London is because the clientele governments were afraid it will get squandered, then how do you expect he has any reasoning capacity?

If he is dumb enough to think the reason gold is stored in London is because the clientele governments were afraid it will get squandered, then how do you expect he has any reasoning capacity?

I don't, hence the reason why I copied in the link article. Some people don't have any appreciation to educate themselves.

According to this site it was also done in 1965. The ships were used simply for secure transport not intimidation. This thought that they sent warships into NY to demand their gold back is ridiculous.

https://www.bullionvault.com/gold-news/gold_dollar_france_sarkozy_de_gaulle_crisis_111020072

Starting in 1958, he ordered the Banque de France to increase the rate at which it converted new Dollar reserves into bullion; in 1965 alone, he sent the French navy across the Atlantic to pick up $150-million worth of gold; come 1967 the proportion of French national reserves held in gold had risen from 71.4% to 91.9%. The European average stood at a mere 78.1% at the time.

-------

So if you stop twisting facts by parroting authors who are making stupid insinuations you'll get a better response.

Last edited:
According to this site it was also done in 1965. The ships were used simply for secure transport not intimidation.

https://www.bullionvault.com/gold-news/gold_dollar_france_sarkozy_de_gaulle_crisis_111020072

Starting in 1958, he ordered the Banque de France to increase the rate at which it converted new Dollar reserves into bullion; in 1965 alone, he sent the French navy across the Atlantic to pick up $150-million worth of gold; come 1967 the proportion of French national reserves held in gold had risen from 71.4% to 91.9%. The European average stood at a mere 78.1% at the time.

Where in my previous posts had I EVER claimed that the french sent their warships to intimidate america? The ships were meant to carry back the tons of gold which belonged to the french that wished to redeem their dollars for what the currency was suppose to function as. U.S Dollar was the reserve currency backed by gold. There isn't anything else to say, the reports were true and america reneged on its dollar to gold promise, as per the Bretten Woods Agreement.

End of discussion!

Where in my previous posts had I EVER claimed that the french sent their warships to intimidate america? The ships were meant to carry back the tons of gold which belonged to the french that wished to redeem their dollars for what the currency was suppose to function as. U.S Dollar was the reserve currency backed by gold. There isn't anything else to say, the reports were true and america reneged on its dollar to gold promise, as per the Bretten Woods Agreement.

End of discussion!

right here:

which became worthless in some regions. The french took it as far as sending navy warships to new york harbor, with orders to return with
french gold.

Back
Top Bottom