What's new

English speaker wanting to join the Pakistani military. Can it be done?

Hamza913

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am curious, if my Urdu is crap, could I still join the army? Is there any English speaking division or something?

I am curious, if my Urdu is crap, could I still join the army? Is there any English speaking division or something?
I am afraid we don't have an English speaking division, improve your Urdu and you should be able to get through, how bad is Urdu when you say "it's crap"???

I am afraid we don't have an English speaking division, improve your Urdu and you should be able to get through, how bad is Urdu when you say "it's crap"???

I can understand what someone is saying when they speak Urdu, and I can translate it into English most of the time. But I cannot read Urdu and I struggle to speak it.

I can understand what someone is saying when they speak Urdu, and I can translate it into English most of the time. But I cannot read Urdu and I struggle to speak it.
Well then mate you need to improve you Urdu at least to the standard of being able to understand and speak it fairly well, the official language in the PA is English but it's not like you will be interacting with the officers and enlisted men in English all the time.

English is spoken in all army spheres but you must know how to read and write urdu
Applying for an officer position, you will need to communicate at some levels In urdu.e.g. Conveying orders to jawans, sending decoded messages on wireless, interacting with local community and government officials during relation building etc.

At PMA , you may face a lot of difficulty with drill and other duty staff, especially your NCB.

The best thing about English in army is during ragging in PMA when your CSM or BSM comes up n says to you,
"My d I c is longer than this road "
Or
" bamboo in your a55"

English is used really well for ragging, no abuses in urdu whatsoever.

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated. I think I should learn more Urdu. Maybe living in Pakistan for a bit would be a good start.

Learn Punjabi too , lol.

You always need to motivate your jawans in the language they understand.

You need to give directions to your driver and dispatch Rider (DR) basically the military postman.

Your clerk, draftsman, PA etc will type all drafts and letters in English but if you talk
In English, he will get confused.

You are standing in KOTE( weapons area ) assigning sentry duties, English is a no-go.

There's lot of stuff you need to do in urdu or Punjabi or siraiki or pushto or potohari.

Back
Top Bottom