What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

COME ON UNITED, Bruno is irreplaceable, and shaw is just amazing. Maguire and lindelof prove yet again why we need a defender, but the team deserved the win and we put a hell of a fight for the win. GGMU
Luke Shaw has become a beast!
But CB is a severe problem that needs urgent fixing.

Other problems can wait til the end of the season but we need to get Upamecano or koulibaly asap.

Luke Shaw has become a beast!
But CB is a severe problem that needs urgent fixing.

Other problems can wait til the end of the season but we need to get Upamecano or koulibaly asap.
Koulibaly unlikely, napoli asking something along the lines of 100million for him, which is too too much for a 29 year old defender. upamecano also looks unlikely, but let’s see.

Koulibaly unlikely, napoli asking something along the lines of 100million for him, which is too too much for a 29 year old defender. upamecano also looks unlikely, but let’s see.
The only thing about that is - if it was last season, fair enough, we were hopeless and would not have been able to justify such an outlay. However, solksjaer has spent cautiously - despite his faults as a manager tactically and in terms of man management - which suggests his team doesn't panic buy. Even cavani was an excellent acquisition, despite it looking deceptively panicky.

This season, (1) we aren't messing around and are genuine contenders and (2) we have been watching upem and kouli for ages so it isn't a panic buy.

I think for these reasons, a big asking price is worth it for one of them.

There was a time when we planned on bringing van dyk in but hesitated.

I'd argue that for a world class CB , just go all in. Like I said, the rest (wide attacker/winger I.e. sancho, possible centre forward but I don't think we need one personally) can wait.

The only thing about that is - if it was last season, fair enough, we were hopeless and would not have been able to justify such an outlay. However, solksjaer has spent cautiously - despite his faults as a manager tactically and in terms of man management - which suggests his team doesn't panic buy. Even cavani was an excellent acquisition, despite it looking deceptively panicky.

This season, (1) we aren't messing around and are genuine contenders and (2) we have been watching upem and kouli for ages so it isn't a panic buy.

I think for these reasons, a big asking price is worth it for one of them.

There was a time when we planned on bringing van dyk in but hesitated.

I'd argue that for a world class CB , just go all in. Like I said, the rest (wide attacker/winger I.e. sancho, possible centre forward but I don't think we need one personally) can wait.
Agreed. However the board is the one who buy the players not ole, all ole can do is tell The board what players he wants, the rest is to ed and the board, a lot of the time we do not get the players we need. We have missed too many players along the time, haaland being a example recently.

Lampard sacked. Bad decision from Chelsea imo, should’ve been given till may or June.

How we beating Liverpool 3-2 and now losing to Sheffield United, arguably the worst performing team in epl history, 2-1. Typical united, we are the biggest bottlers to exist.

Arsenal up to 8th in EPL, and just 4 points from a top 4 slot in this topsy turvy season.
Southampton 1, Arsenal 3.

Arsenal regressed this past week.
0-0 v United
1-2 v Wolverhampton

Arsenal regressed this past week.
0-0 v United
1-2 v Wolverhampton

The Wolves loss was just unfortunate though. I haven't seen Arsenal play such good football in a long time (1st half). Things changed after the Luiz red of course.

The game did put into spotlight the stupid rule regarding the card defenders receive depending on if they are intending to play the ball or not. Luiz received a red because he did not show any intention to play the ball (clearly trying to get out of the way instead). If he had tackled and potentially injured the Wolves striker on the other hand he would have received a yellow. Absolutely bizarre. Dont think the ref can be blamed as he is simply following the silly law made by the FA.

The Wolves loss was just unfortunate though. I haven't seen Arsenal play such good football in a long time (1st half). Things changed after the Luiz red of course.

The game did put into spotlight the stupid rule regarding the card defenders receive depending on if they are intending to play the ball or not. Luiz received a red because he did not show any intention to play the ball (clearly trying to get out of the way instead). If he had tackled and potentially injured the Wolves striker on the other hand he would have received a yellow. Absolutely bizarre. Dont think the ref can be blamed as he is simply following the silly law made by the FA.
If I had any hair, I'd be pulling them out.

Back
Top Bottom