What's new

End sale of defence equipment to Pakistan: Think-tank to United States

nothing pleasant, I would wager.

I hope Europe Perseveres. I hope free, welcoming and inclusive attitude of two of the most enlightened societies of our age prevails. I hope stereotyping and generalizations are not done.

Events like these leave in scar in the collective public memory which have potential to completely change attitudes in the throes of pain and suffering.

Either you are drinking some happy juice or you do not know Europe too well.

With all due respect of course. :coffee:

Sir,

Are you stupid or something-----who is talking about 'staged attack'----this attack is as ruthless and as brutal as any other massive terrorist attack----but leave it to the stupidity of the Indians----and the issue will be muddled.

You just called the parliament attack staged.

Sir,

Absolutely----no ifs and buts about it----. The only real winner in that scenario was india----.

Have you guys ever had the ballz to ask your govt---if it was----why was it so conveniently staged and how come india would mileage out of it so conveniently----.

Wasn't that obvious to you---that why would your enemy sabotage its own progress---?

Either you are drinking some happy juice or you do not know Europe too well.

With all due respect of course. :coffee:

I have put my happy shades on, all this talk about exoduses, floodgates etc gives me an ulcer.

It is too early in the morning for all the doom and gloom.

As for Europe and me, we are intimately acquainted.

Sir,

Absolutely----no ifs and buts about it----. The only real winner in that scenario was india----.

Have you guys ever had the ballz to ask your govt---if it was----why was it so conveniently staged and how come india would mileage out of it so conveniently----.

Wasn't that obvious to you---that why would your enemy sabotage its own progress---?

Yes, just like only Pakistan gained from the terrorist attacks that happened in Pakistan.

US to replace two P3C Orion aircraft - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

I mean what better way to upgrade the fleet? See two can play this game?

Last edited:
I have put my happy shades on, all this talk about exoduses, floodgates etc gives me an ulcer.

It is too early in the morning for all the doom and gloom.

As for Europe and me, we are intimately acquainted.

Angela is "deeply concerned"

Too late mam. You have a fight on your hands now.

From the horse's mouth:

The former chief of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has surprised observers by his statement on the floor of the Pakistan Parliament that the proscribed Jaish-e-Mohammad was behind the December 13, 2001 Parliament attack as well on attempts on the life of Pakistan President, Pervez Musharraf.
Participating in the debate in the Senate on the motion of thanks to the address of Gen. Musharraf to Parliament, Lt. Gen. (retd) Qazi said the ISI had nothing to do with the extremist and sectarian outfits in Pakistan and there was no truth in the allegations that they were patronised by the establishment.

``We must not be afraid of admitting that the Jaish was involved in the deaths of thousands of innocent Kashmiris, bombing the Indian Parliament, Daniel Pearl's murder and attempts on President Musharraf's life,'' said Senator Lt. Gen. (retd.) Qazi. His speech triggered ripples in the Treasury as well as the Opposition benches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The US Treasury Department has targeted three senior leaders of the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed and the Lashkar-e-Taiba by designating them as global terrorists. The two terror groups receive support from Pakistan’s military and its intelligence service.

Today under Executive Order 13224, the Treasury added Massod Azhar, the leader of the Jaish-e-Mohammed, and Lashkar-e-Taiba leaders Azam Cheema, a top military commander, and Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki, a political official, to the list of specially designated global terrorists. The designation allows the US to freeze the assets of the the senior leaders, prevent them from using financial institutions, and prosecute them for terrorist activities.

The Lashkar-e-Taiba has launched multiple terror attacks against India, including the 2008 terror assault on the city of Mumbai which killed 165 civilians and Indian security forces. The Jaish-e-Mohammed has also participated in multiple terror attacks in India. Operating together, the two terror groups executed the December 2001 terror assault on the Indian Parliament in New Delhi.

US Treasury sanctions leaders of Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed and Lashkar-e-Taiba | The Long War Journal

FMF are either direct loans (payable) or grants (non-payable). I believe some of Pakistan F-16s were granted to Pakistan as 'non-NATO ally' during peak of Pakistan-US cooperation in GWOT.

Those "granted" F-16s were those sanctioned under presslers amendment and upgraded with Pak $ by TAI (Turkey)..

The sale of the 18 52+'s,MLU kits,other goodies was 5.2 billion ..Paid by Pakistan.

This is installed report there is nothing new in it. The timming of the report is proof in itself.

This think tank just wake-up before general's visit.

Is there anyone who can provide this think tank a pacifier; so he can sleep tight overnight.

There is too much noise and weeping started in our neighbourhood. Please be calm, not everything is going to happened in this world according to your wishes.

God bless this think tank....We Pakistani do not want their shit. Please for God sake put a ban on selling weapons to Pakistan so that we can focus on indigenous development and look elsewhere e.g. Russia, China etc. Though, some numb minds in PAF would still keep pushing for F-16.
US banned sale of F-16 in late 80s or early 90s, and we developed ballistic missiles and JF-17. Please do that favour again and we will get independent and self-reliant.
But still if you go check the F-16 threads in the sections our fan boys & so called experts all still wants the same dam thing again & again ?

Hi,

A tragedy has happened in France----a real horrendous act---but also a tragedy to the anti pakistan cause by India---.

So---this report has also met its untimely demise.

The utiity of pakistan is increasing by the minute for the world-----, India can bit-ch and moan as much as they want to---but I think that Gen Shareef's visit just took and upturn of 10 notches in importance.

Pakistan Zindabad---.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
I don't think genrl sharifs visit will bring any more gadgets , but it will give us the required break from our stupid shopping from USA ?
which will be the best thing in our national interests .

But still if you go check the F-16 threads in the sections our fan boys & so called experts all still wants the same dam thing again & again ?
Yeah they have their own reasons and we have our own reasons to believe otherwise. I respect their opinion but I want them to think more open-mindedly and do not forget the past and the current global situation. USA has betrayed Pakistan many times and it really damaged in 1971, and then different sanctions, amendments etc to block the sale of critical equipment at critical times repeated many times. So much so that even the purchased equipment was not delivered. Then whatever you get is a bit stripped down version and it is a very closed system, they do NOT allow any access to the system, let alone ToT. So if the planners and strategists do not recognise this simple fact then we have all the rights to call them stupid, idiots, numb heads and mentally retarded. What is the use of a weapon that you cannot use in a war because you are unable to get spares in that critical moment?

Old wine in a not even new bottle. Who cares.... DC is a cesspool of lobby groups, special interest groups, etc all who pay for and fund such events. The weapons deals need the nod of DoS, DoD and DoC (commerce) and of course nod from Congress - all of which will likely take place. Nod from thinktank serving coffee and donuts and cream cheese bagels not required.

Now this threats will not create as much pressure during 90s when Pakistan didn't have any western equivalent product available. Now China Russia Korea turkey can provide many hardware .
And the allegations of supporting terrorism have different meanings to west. When you're supporting western back ""terrorist "" you are good ally but when you're with others you're bad guy's and a threat for peace. Questions can ask to this think tank what turky Qatar Saudi doing in Syria supporting terrorist or fredom fighter

Back
Top Bottom