What's new

Embarrassment in Germany:Manmohan Singh has let down the country on a foreign tour

anybody don't like how congress is doing stuff than just don't vote for them next time... really simple as that... it is one good thing about the place you can actually choose your leaders every 5 years...

Is ajtr really an Indian? I am tired of his constant illogical ranting.

Is ajtr really an Indian? I am tired of his constant illogical ranting.

No...:no:
But he is so stubborn that he still doesn't wanna change flags.:what:

Anyway let the joker enjoy..:partay:

After all...isski dukhi atma ko aur koi shagoon to hai nahi

Manmohan Singh must be enjoying the fresh air in germany after a month long political caoose at home...

but the auther could have choosen a better tittle , no point sansationlize every news , we are well used to it now , time to change theam..

arey aap ne to dukhati rug par hi haath rakh diya....:lol:

I am still searching for the embarassment in your post. He is the Prime Minister of India and quoted what he thinks about the domestic situation. That is his right and he should be doing that. How does it become an embarrassment?

Embarrassing would be when he would not put forth his mind. Anyway, do not worry, such statements are posturing are common in a democracy. You seem to be a stranger to that??

@ ajtr

Either you are too shy to represent your flag or if you are indeed an Indian, I completely sympathize with u for ur grudge against India/Indians, as it's a big bad world out there and I infer u've been constantly mass sodomised right from your childhood.

@Topic
I dont find anything embarassing in the post.:what: Is it just me.......??

Rather he achieved something that has hurt the accomplishes of the terror in India.

This is for the first time Germany and EU has taken a strong stand against Pakistan sponsored terrorism. Never before a country of Germany's importance has uttered any thing close to what Mrs. Merkel has uttered. First British PM, then French premiere and now Geman chancellor, it speaks volume of Indian foreign policy success in recent past.

That is why it has hurt the people who it matters to...look a person in the guise of India and the other naturally unrepentant Pakistanis.

Firstly,whats the case of Embarassment here?

And secondly.
I think its a self prepared article by a noob!
I just don't see any article like "embarassment in Germany" in google news or anywhere except defence.pk when i search it.
;)

Sheer idiocy!!

Firstly,whats the case of Embarassment here?

And secondly.
I think its a self prepared article by a noob!
I just don't see any article like "embarassment in Germany" in google news or anywhere except defence.pk when i search it.
;)

Sheer idiocy!!
sure sheer idiocy......only an idiot will search on google when article link is directly posted in the post itself.

Indian parliament deadlock dents democracy

NEW DELHI: Top world leaders during their recent state visits have hailed India’s thriving democracy, but proceedings in the nation’s parliament have hit a new low.

Lawmakers headed for their winter break on Monday following the least productive session in decades after the opposition forced adjournments for 22 business days in a row, allowing no legislation to be passed.

A total of 32 laws, including one on free and compulsory education, another to reserve a third of all seats for women, and more than a dozen economic bills were scheduled to be discussed but received no attention.

For weeks, opposition lawmakers have stormed the floors of both houses of parliament, waved their papers in the air and shouted at the speakers to press their demand for a cross-party investigation into a massive telecom scandal.

The picture of dysfunction in the grandiose circular parliament building was broken only briefly during the winter session: when a visiting US President Barack Obama came to town and addressed lawmakers.

Obama, like British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, lavished praise on India’s democracy which he and others feel makes the country a natural ally of the West.

Local analysts have come to a less flattering conclusion and worry that the world’s biggest democracy has become its least productive.

Members of the upper and lower houses spent just six percent of their time sitting during the winter session which began on November 9, according to PRS Legislative Research, a New Delhi-based think-tank.

According to PRS, lawmakers spent only seven hours in session out of the 138 scheduled working hours.

“Sometimes, business not proceeding also yields results,” said senior opposition leader L.K. Advani from the right-wing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) at the end of the fruitless session on Monday.

The BJP and allies sought to profit from public outrage over the botched sale of 2G telecom licences in 2008 by former minister A. Raja which the national auditor says could have cost the country up to 40 billion dollars.

The campaign of obstruction by the BJP has kept the media focused on the subject, but the protest has failed to secure a cross-party probe and has further tarnished the reputation of parliament.

“The winter session can safely go down in the history of parliament proceedings as a disgraceful session hijacked by stubborn lawmakers,” said R.K. Bagga, a political analyst working with the Indian Political Research unit at Delhi University.

“The lawmakers have forgotten that we live in a parliamentary democracy and there will be no democracy if the parliament stops functioning,” he said.

C.V. Madhukar, director of PRS, told AFP that the deadlock was “very disappointing.”

“It certainly doesn’t bode well for our democracy,” he added. “Not a single penny should be paid to the lawmakers. The elected representatives are paid to work, discuss complex bills, not to make noise and waste the country’s resources.”

Because of the proliferation of protests in recent years, observers worry that even when the parliament does function key legislation does not receive the scrutiny it merits.

In the final days — or sometimes the final hours — of any session, lawmakers often vote through numerous bills without any genuine debate.

In the 2010 budget session, the lower house cleared five bills in 15 minutes.

At the conclusion of the winter session on Monday, the speaker of the upper house Hamid Ansari lamented that rules about shouting slogans and obstructing proceedings “were consistently ignored”.

“The rules were obeyed only when obituaries were read,” he said, adding that members should “introspect” on the session’s record and the distinction between “dissent and remonstration, agitation and disruption”.

Sweaminathan Aiyar, a consulting editor for The Economic Times newspaper, wrote at the weekend that the rules for political protests appeared to have changed — to the detriment of the country.

“The (ruling party) Congress itself resorts to the same disruptive tactics when it is in opposition,” Aiyar wrote.

“So all parties have come to a disgraceful unwritten agreement that the right to paralyse parliament is a fundamental political right of MPs, taking precedence over established norms of democratic functioning.”

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom