What's new

Elephant on rails...

hanoi.jpg

indian-luxurious-travel-travel.jpg

Do you have anything else to show beyond these super elitist, out-of-reach luxury trains that vast majority of Indians can never hope to afford?

Do you have anything else to show beyond these super elitist, out-of-reach luxury trains that vast majority of Indians can never hope to afford?

You were posting only HSR in your album, what about the normal trains where the common Chinese travel. :woot: I heard HSR is making huge and huge losses because common Chinese can't afford them.

Do you have anything else to show beside a 'sight-seeing' train that is so elitist and out of touch and so expensive so as to be wildly unaffordable to the vast majority of the Indian population? This thread is about 'mass' transportation.

Jaipur Railway Station
5445939400_2529e567e5_b.jpg

8686665416_24a8d3668a_b.jpg

2747560769_e904bce507_b.jpg

2267004652_5958a7a314_b.jpg

6872192579_0fbf395fa5_b.jpg

4716379509_011b5f0c5e_b.jpg

2744647455_43ffe12d6b_b.jpg

7954814312_90d6625494_b.jpg

You were posting only HSR in your album, what about the normal trains where the common Chinese travel. :woot: I heard HSR is making huge and huge losses because common Chinese can't afford them.

Heard from where? For your information, I'd ridden the HSR with plenty of 'normal' Chinese.

how much does a luxury train ticket cost? Can everyone afford it?

Of course not!

Delete embarrassing post. Confused Surat Thani, Thailand with Surat, India. Chalk it up to me being American :D

No embarrassment at all. It was nice accidental postings of a station in Thailand and it was very orderly by comparison!

@naveen mishra, good work Mishraji, we are proud of our vibrant Indian Railways.

I dont know if the average commuters are resonating with this pluck-up for the sake of salvaging face value on PDF

Last edited by a moderator:

HSR are profitableate some routes and loosing money at some. But becoming the way fo life for people.

The normal trains in China are at par if not betterthan India. But the HSRs are a different league, well designed, clean, well lit and punctual.

The train plateforms definetly looks cleaner than one in India due to the fact the pessangers are not allowed to be at plateform like in India, the food and beverages at not sold at plateforms. I thhink is the good thing to do. Overall cleanliness is better but in patches!

In short China has learned from West and adapted the better approach and SOPs to maintain it's Railways and we are still an old school.

Some lines are profitable some are not but we are surely coming along quite well. We can afford it!

Back
Top Bottom