What's new

Electric car made in Iran

Kansu sounds from your reply that you have first hand knowlegde of lithium production so the link may already be known to you but i thought you might find it an interesting assesment of production v consumption.

Lithium Supply Demand Santiago Conference 2009 2010 TRU Presentaion Lithium Consultant

Thank you for the link mate. it is a very useful resource. No, honestly i didnt know about the link or the conferance.
i m a geological/ geotechnical engineer. i also try expertise on these kind or rare materials. Thats why i know a little bit much about this metal. But i really thank you for the link:) it is a very useful one for all of us:)

Thank You for your answer brother. yes also i told that everybody who intend to use lithium for such projects tricks himself. Honda or toyota or GM, whoever manufacture such type of cars do it just for advertisement. Everybody involved in mining know the present situation of lithium reserves.
Making such a car is an advertisement. + it means ''i m capable to do this.''

Whats wrong here? nothing but i just wanted to inform people about this propaganda smelling news. thats all... This is a propaganda, just like your new planes, new coastal submarine project and so on...

Cant iran do anything? yes you can do. especially in robotic technologies. we are all aware of the things iran can do. (we know the results you get in robocups:cheers: )
but nothing more... and producing gas and oil doesnt mean that you are a developed country. Arab states and russia is at the same position and russians are really whining for the present situation of the country. and in this portrait, you have been begging for s-300 defence systems you try to get from russia. Russians try to change the present situation of their country and industry, and you try to transfer russian technology to your country. is this logical?
You may think that military technologies and industrial technologies are different. i completely agree. but if iran had an observational industrial capability, Russia would co-operate to modernize its industry with iran, not with Chinese... Am i clear enough?

To be able to make something in micro size is something, mass production is another... it needs experience, money,trained man power, indsutrial technology and other things like raw-rare materials.

Praising Your country is something understandable. but doing this towards a Turk seems a little bit strange Dear Brother. And especially if this Turk has knowledge on such rare materials and production techniques. Am i wrong?

You mention about the air pollution of tehran... Can iran begin mass production of this car? and can people use it in great numbers as an alternative to petrol engine cars? i dont think so... lets say everything is solved, can iran export these cars? no they cant... embargo? yes thats the exact answer... what about china? i think its a better option to copy and manufacture the iran's car. somehow they may sell the replica car for a cheaper price :lol:

its an expensive technology and lithium batteries die in 5 years. depending on duty and heat, a car's battery may live just for 3 years. nevermind the stability of the battery... as i told above, mass production is a dream for you, for iranian industry...

lets think that you solved all the problems and started manufacturing it. What about embargo? No, dont say that Chinese may sell some of their deposits. they used to import lithium... so they wont sell... russians cant purify and get lithium. And, how will iran get lithium from brines with such a high mg/li ratio? oil refining is not the same with ore processing... + its really expensive and difficult to process ores with such a high mg/li ratio. can iran really do that? i dont think so.

i can speak about lithium for a few hours but i need to end my words here. people reading this text shouldnt be lost in details and should understand what i wrote. after that i m sure they will have a certain opinion about ''iran's electiric car''.
i told in my first post, solar technologies and systems have a better and more reliable future than this lithium fashion.

And my final word, Do you really think that iran can make an engine has a potential to be an alternative to petrol engines? As a petrol exporting country, as a petrol country, Can iran shoot himself in the foot??? German can do this as an oil importing country, but iran's seeking alternative technology seems really silly...
really silly... the most foolish propaganda i have ever seen in my life... (of course after military developments of iran :lol: ...)
Kansu

Thank you very much for all your invaluable input brother. I must say it was a little difficult to wade my way through your collection of thoughts and views on such a wide ranging set of topics as world Lithium reserves to state of the Russian Economy to imaginary Iranian submarines. But I believe I have grasped the gist of your points. I wonder, however, how you came to the conclusion that I was praising Iran (god forbid). My message, if anything, was an enumeration of the host of problems that are plaguing Iran today.

On the other topics you mentioned, it seems to me that you have a difference of opinion with the leading car manufacturers in the world, including Toyota, Honda and GM! I respect that. I say you should inform them of the futility of their efforts and tell them to return all the money they have made from selling hybrid and electric cars, based on the premise of lower emissions and fuel consumption.

On your last word, at the risk of contradicting the views of a mighty and knowledgeable Turk like yourself, I must confess that not only can Iran build non-petrol based engine, it actually already has. Meet the Samand CNG engine:

Thank you very much for all your invaluable input brother. I must say it was a little difficult to wade my way through your collection of thoughts and views on such a wide ranging set of topics as world Lithium reserves to state of the Russian Economy to imaginary Iranian submarines. But I believe I have grasped the gist of your points. I wonder, however, how you came to the conclusion that I was praising Iran (god forbid). My message, if anything, was an enumeration of the host of problems that are plaguing Iran today.

On the other topics you mentioned, it seems to me that you have a difference of opinion with the leading car manufacturers in the world, including Toyota, Honda and GM! I respect that. I say you should inform them of the futility of their efforts and tell them to return all the money they have made from selling hybrid and electric cars, based on the premise of lower emissions and fuel consumption.

On your last word, at the risk of contradicting the views of a mighty and knowledgeable Turk like yourself, I must confess that not only can Iran build non-petrol based engine, it actually already has. Meet the Samand CNG engine:

i think you even dont know the difference between an electiric car and a hybrid car... i recommend you to learn this first. ok? And i speak with numbers. i dont make up something new unlike like you do almost every week... i say lithium reserves arent enough, all this is an advertisement... everybody in this forum understood it except you. The reserves are here, the Geological survey results are here. everything is certain and proved... what else should i write ???

Also, just a few months ago, Your proud Samand has just started to manufacture its own petrol engines. the previous engines were French Peugout... while you can not manufacture your petrol engines on your own, how do you expect me to believe that your hybrid engine works flawless? even toyota suffered for 3 years from constant breakdowns for a single hybrid model... so you tell me iranian industry could do this just in such a short time when hybrid cars became a fashion? and it is %100 ready for production?

Open your eyes and read this well, lithium batteries increase the costs of the cars significantly. nickel metal hydride batteries doesnt give enough performance... they are too weak for electiric cars...

But i thank you for all this crap... if you can take this electiric car(not hybrid...) in to mass production and use it with great numbers, i promise i wont buy any german car, i will buy your Samand...

Speak if you have knowledge, if you dont know anything about this subject please close your mouth and dont act with your nationalist reflexes. and i wont give any answer to you anymore. somehow you wont admit anything proved and keep defending your point.
Do i know better than Honda or GM? no, but i know well enough how to spend my money... untill they find an alternative metal for these batteries, this electric car project is a dead project. we will use these cars for a short time and they will intend to sell something else when we deplete the present reserves. they already started to whine for the costs of these batteries...

Regards
Kansu

ps:Gentelmen i m sorry for making you read all this...

Also i forgot to add, i hinted on my identity, on my nationality because i wanted you to understand that i know you persians well enough... We are neighbours. right? :)

Well, my Turkish friend, why don't you go and worry about the Turkish women in Turkey trying to outdo western women in what makes them "western" before you worry about Iranian achievements.

i have a mother and a sister... i advice you to be careful while you speak of our women...
and whats the connection between your fake electiric car and our women?
if there is a problem in our life style, why there are thousands of iranian people living here. and there are millions of people trying to defect Turkey and other European countries. Should i remind you your ''muta'' marriages?

i think you are the last person who can talk about Honor of women... if oneday your way leads you here, i can show you your own people living in this country.

What i have been trying to say is, i m tired of your lies and your foollish propaganda... When you cant find even a single word to give me a proper answer , you usually do the same thing. you directly start to talk about our women and our life style.

i m proud of my women, i m proud of beauty of Turkish ladies. i m proud of my life style and my freedom. in Turkey, goverment dont interefere our privacy... is it better with your Mollas? Turkey and iran even cant be compared... with its 700 Billion gnp, Turkey can buy and sell back iran for 2 times... We have a democracy, and admit or not, anybody's votes arent stolen here.
And we dont hide after our women unlike you while we demand our rights...

Where ever i look, i see a news about your propaganda. i m really tired of this... And you talk and act as if you are expert on everything... Arent you tired of telling lie to people?

Anthing else you want to say??? :blah::blah:

i think you even dont know the difference between an electiric car and a hybrid car... i recommend you to learn this first. ok? And i speak with numbers. i dont make up something new unlike like you do almost every week... i say lithium reserves arent enough, all this is an advertisement... everybody in this forum understood it except you. The reserves are here, the Geological survey results are here. everything is certain and proved... what else should i write ???

Also, just a few months ago, Your proud Samand has just started to manufacture its own petrol engines. the previous engines were French Peugout... while you can not manufacture your petrol engines on your own, how do you expect me to believe that your hybrid engine works flawless? even toyota suffered for 3 years from constant breakdowns for a single hybrid model... so you tell me iranian industry could do this just in such a short time when hybrid cars became a fashion? and it is %100 ready for production?

Open your eyes and read this well, lithium batteries increase the costs of the cars significantly. nickel metal hydride batteries doesnt give enough performance... they are too weak for electiric cars...

But i thank you for all this crap... if you can take this electiric car(not hybrid...) in to mass production and use it with great numbers, i promise i wont buy any german car, i will buy your Samand...

Speak if you have knowledge, if you dont know anything about this subject please close your mouth and dont act with your nationalist reflexes. and i wont give any answer to you anymore. somehow you wont admit anything proved and keep defending your point.
Do i know better than Honda or GM? no, but i know well enough how to spend my money... untill they find an alternative metal for these batteries, this electric car project is a dead project. we will use these cars for a short time and they will intend to sell something else when we deplete the present reserves. they already started to whine for the costs of these batteries...

Regards
Kansu

ps:Gentelmen i m sorry for making you read all this...

Also i forgot to add, i hinted on my identity, on my nationality because i wanted you to understand that i know you persians well enough... We are neighbours. right? :)

What's with all the anger brother? Cool down! Here... sit down and have another tea!

Now, you have very definite opinions and make strong assertions about a whole host of unrelated issues, which you blurt out unprovokedly, in short sentences. Now maybe it's my deficient Iranian mind, but I've been taught by my parents to be careful with people who speak with too many certainties. Forgive me!

Beside, this is a message board and a debate forum. Do you not think it fair for people to take you to task for some of your views and opinions? And do you not think it more appropriate for a man of your deep knowledge to be more patient and gracious with those lesser men who fail to see the truth of your words at first pass.

You asked: "Do you really think that iran can make an engine has a potential to be an alternative to petrol engines?" and I just showed you a picture of the Samand CNG engine. I don't understand why you didn't like that brother! Why was that so upsetting to you?

Well I hope you won't take this as an insult to your multiple set of expertise(s). But here is a year old article on the subject and the level of conversions to CNG in Iran:
CNG-powered Sedan Released by Iran Khodro - autoevolution

And here's a link to the IKCO website with its Samand CNG models on sale:
???? ????? ??????????? - ????

And you're free to think and spend your money as you wish brother. All I can say is that the overwhelming number of consumers and leading car manufacturers disagree with you. Toyota, which is today the biggest of the top dogs in the world, has invested heavily into the Gas/Electric technology. And it has paid off for them handsomely. They released their first Prius 13 years ago and it's now in its 3rd iteration. Not only that, but they have expanded the technology to a number of their other models. Honda has tried to follow suit. And GM is shortly coming out with the all electric Volt. Now please don't take this as a swipe against your sea of knowledge and wisdom. But I'd rather trust in the strategic planning of such globally successful enterprises than an anonymous Turkish mining engineer, with a penchant for exaggeration and hyperbole.

And I'm glad to hear you think you know Iranians. We are neighbours, that's right. And I have even been to Turkey and spent some time there. I've known quite a few Turks and seen much good and bad from them. But I'll never claim that I 'know' Turks. I'll leave that as another one of your areas of expertise.

Take care brother

Regards

Iran is an "import substitute" economy, for that reason, our nominal GDP is intentionally devalued. You should look at our PPP GDP if you want to compare anything. You are rich talking about Democracies. Turkey is ruled by its armed forces. Also, don't forget that Turkey has the second largest prostitution market in Europe after Holland. Again, rich of a Turk talking about immigration, Iran is ruled by an Islamic government, that is our excuse, but what is Turkey's excuse? If Turkey is so perfect then how come you have three times as many immigrants than Iran? Why do you have millions of immigrants in Europe? Also, how can you compare Iranian immigrants to Turkish ones? Wherever we go, we always top the lists for the most successful immigrants. Turks on the other hand are always hated. You have third or fourth generation immigrants in Germany who still can't speak German. You Turks are always the same online, ignorant and rude.

Now unless you want to talk about this Electric car, then i suggest you don't reply because you're going off topic.

Last edited:
No need to discuss anymore, i told my final word on that and i said wont give any answer to you concerning this iran's electiric car. lets wait and see the results of this news. i m really sure that it will be forgotten just after a few months like the other amazing inventions of your country :)

i will repeat what i told above, i dont believe any of the things you inform us. the things you do usually look like just a travesty of the others...

You say i speak with short sentences and give certain answers. yes, i do. may be its selftrust and knowledge? by the way, when you speak of knowledge and short sentences, why dont you put even a single piece of information about the car's engine, and battery technology? and you blame me with being ignorant... i saw this before. and honestly i hate to discuss with you in this forum. Defence.pk and other middleeast based websites look like an ego masturbation area of persians... thats what i complain...

You may praise your country and your so called technological capability as much as you want. The thing you do reflects your capability and skill. Words are not important in this phase. Projects and results please... not words...

This is probably my last post in this forum. i will not come here once more because of the iranian people like you.

i wish you a happy long forum life with your lies and with people who believes in your silly propaganda.

Regards
Kansu

ps: i m not a mining engineer...to call me as a mining engineer is an insult. i m an engineer with 2 BS degree... and even if i can work on mining sector, i dont work on mining... its my hobby.

Kansu, bozorgmehr and Abi - you both believe in the same Qur'an and love the same prophet Alieh'salatu wa'salaam, so why are you fighting?

Alhomdillah, Iran claims to have made an electric car. Let's just leave it at that rather than trying to outdo one another with insults.

How are they empty words? Look at the pictures, this electric car has been made.

Not to hijack the topic - but pakistan has a converted electric car as well. Its my electric 20hp Mehran which runs with a efficiency of PKR 1.5 / Km.

You can get more info by searching for 'Elektra automotive' which has more information. Sorry the forum doesnt let me port URLs yes

Just letting people know that pakistanis arent THAT far behind :)

Back
Top Bottom