What's new

Electric car made in Iran

any info on the car :

battery type - lead acid/lithium ion/ultra modern nano tech ?

Range for a single charge?

Time required per charge?

Cost of the car as opposed to gasoline models?

I assume the car launch was substantial as per the President's involvement, hence the questions.

It has a range of 200km, and it can do 160km/h. It takes 15 minutes to charge.

u cannot compare the bottle at the vending machine with the gasoline at the pump and arrive to a conclusion. What about the tap water, it costs more than a pound a liter ?

If we are talking about tap water, then no country in the world sells petrol cheaper than tap water.

In the UK, a liter of water is more expensive than a liter of petrol.

no thats wrong

1 litre of of mineral water costs between 50p - 1 pound depending upon the brand "evian, buxton or any other mineral water company" and 1 litre of oil costs between £1.00 - £1.15 depending upon the oil prices in international market.... if oil drops below 70 may be £0.95 is also possible but usually its above £1 per litre

no thats wrong

1 litre of of mineral water costs between 50p - 1 pound depending upon the brand "evian, buxton or any other mineral water company" and 1 litre of oil costs between £1.00 - £1.15 depending upon the oil prices in international market.... if oil drops below 70 may be £0.95 is also possible but usually its above £1 per litre

Don't be so pedantic. In the UK, 1 litres of water can be more expensive than petrol. Now, what has this got to do with Iranian cars?

Somebody should post the car made by GIKI students. called Panthera, went to the solar powered car competition in Germany.

We all discuss an eletiric car made by iran. But nobody doesnt question why it was made?
Gentelmen, to have a brief idea about iran's industrial aims, you need to take a look at the things they try to do.
almost everyweek we see something new made by iran but do you really think that they do all this according to a plan or just for propaganda.

First of all lets see what is an electiric car. i m sure no need to explain this to anybody. everybody knows what it is. (i trust your knowledge :lol: )

The thing we need to discuss is not iran's making an electiric car. the thing we need to discuss is electiric car's technology. yes the battery technology...

you need lithium for the batteries of these cars and i m really sorry gentelmen, i will disappoint you but there is no match for lithium among the other metals. you cant use an alternative metal for these batteries.

And the key thing in this metal named ''lithium'' is the amount of proved reserves.

all around the world, the proven reserves are totatly 28.5 million tonnes. and this will be enough for humanity for 1775 years with the present demand. but if we intend to use this metal in car batteries and other similar things for a greener world, the amount i told above wont be enough. and it cant supply us even for a short time period.
Also reaching this metal source and mining it, is a very difficult thing. it exists in brines and pegmatites. also hectorie clays.

What does it mean? it means you need huge costs to get this metal from soil and brines.
Does iran have Lithium? no they dont have a serious reserve. all the useful reserves are in Andes(south america Chili and Bolivia),China and tibet plateu and some various russian deposits.(+ USA- North Carolina)

This electric car is a kind of fashion cloth. car companies will use this project as an advertisement tool and when people learn that the lithium reserves we have arent enough for such a huge project, they will keep using old fashion petrol cars.

in this field of industry, using solar systems seems more realistic for me.

The 6-10 minutes charging time is a misnomer, the video says they do a battery swap. The innovation is a modular engine/plug-n-play batteriy and the robotic swap system at the station.

We all discuss an eletiric car made by iran. But nobody doesnt question why it was made?
Gentelmen, to have a brief idea about iran's industrial aims, you need to take a look at the things they try to do.
almost everyweek we see something new made by iran but do you really think that they do all this according to a plan or just for propaganda.

First of all lets see what is an electiric car. i m sure no need to explain this to anybody. everybody knows what it is. (i trust your knowledge :lol: )

The thing we need to discuss is not iran's making an electiric car. the thing we need to discuss is electiric car's technology. yes the battery technology...

you need lithium for the batteries of these cars and i m really sorry gentelmen, i will disappoint you but there is no match for lithium among the other metals. you cant use an alternative metal for these batteries.

And the key thing in this metal named ''lithium'' is the amount of proved reserves.

all around the world, the proven reserves are totatly 28.5 million tonnes. and this will be enough for humanity for 1775 years with the present demand. but if we intend to use this metal in car batteries and other similar things for a greener world, the amount i told above wont be enough. and it cant supply us even for a short time period.
Also reaching this metal source and mining it, is a very difficult thing. it exists in brines and pegmatites. also hectorie clays.

What does it mean? it means you need huge costs to get this metal from soil and brines.
Does iran have Lithium? no they dont have a serious reserve. all the useful reserves are in Andes(south america Chili and Bolivia),China and tibet plateu and some various russian deposits.(+ USA- North Carolina)

This electric car is a kind of fashion cloth. car companies will use this project as an advertisement tool and when people learn that the lithium reserves we have arent enough for such a huge project, they will keep using old fashion petrol cars.

That's some valuable information...

Well this is "Panthera" car made by GIKI students( Team Exodus).

View attachment 5da9e35a3b5db1a6b1f3b9eedee068a7.jpg

Its a single-seater, 150-kilogram vehicle capable of providing 80 kilometers per liter using a 70cc engine.:chilli:
Good effort but not good enough.

French team did 3000km per liter and won First prize.:D
and Norwegian team record is 1246 km per liter with Hydrogen fuel.:D

Thanks for the interesting post. Taking everything that you said at face value, it just means that Iran is in the same boat as everybody else. So what? Does Iran have to have large deposits of Lithium in order to manufacture electric cars? Does Japan? Does the US?...

Now if you look at the bigger picture you will see that Iran has very potent economic, strategic and environmental reasons for pursuing such a project.

First is economic. As you may or may not know, Iran heavily subsidizes refined petroleum products on its internal market. As a result, the price of gasoline in Iran is one of the lowest in the world. A good chunk of the this refined gasoline has to be bought on world markets at current international prices. That item alone is the single biggest expense on the Iranian foreign trade balance sheet. Needless to say, the Iranian government would be very motivated to dry up the demand for such an expensive commodity by investing in alternative energy vehicles. There has also been a huge push to introduce new car models with LNG engines and retrofit existing ones with LNG conversion kits.

Aside from the economic aspect of it, gasoline is turning out to be quite a strategic liability for Iran as well. For a time now, there has been a movement afoot in the US and the EU to slap some kind of gasoline embargo on Iran. They would not only prevent their own companies from selling to Iran, but also sanction any 3rd party companies who would dare to do so. In effect, Iran may soon find that no matter how much it'd be willing to pay, it may not have access to enough gas to start its engines.

And you would have to travel to Tehran to understand the level of air pollution caused by millions of cars in a city sitting at the base of 5610 m tall wall, called the Alborz mountains. Fewer gas burning cars would make a very clear and tangible difference in the quality of life and health of millions of Iranians.

Considering the above, I would say the Iran has a few unique and real incentives to implement such projects, beyond the "fashion cloth" factor, as you put it.

Well this is "Panthera" car made by GIKI students( Team Exodus).

View attachment 5da9e35a3b5db1a6b1f3b9eedee068a7.jpg

Its a single-seater, 150-kilogram vehicle capable of providing 80 kilometers per liter using a 70cc engine.:chilli:
Good effort but not good enough.

French team did 3000km per liter and won First prize.:D
and Norwegian team record is 1246 km per liter with Hydrogen fuel.:D

are you a GIKI student?? for engineering GIKI and NUST are the best institutions :) but we need better institutions :)

Thanks for the interesting post. Taking everything that you said at face value, it just means that Iran is in the same boat as everybody else. So what? Does Iran have to have large deposits of Lithium in order to manufacture electric cars? Does Japan? Does the US?...

Now if you look at the bigger picture you will see that Iran has very potent economic, strategic and environmental reasons for pursuing such a project.

First is economic. As you may or may not know, Iran heavily subsidizes refined petroleum products on its internal market. As a result, the price of gasoline in Iran is one of the lowest in the world. A good chunk of the this refined gasoline has to be bought on world markets at current international prices. That item alone is the single biggest expense on the Iranian foreign trade balance sheet. Needless to say, the Iranian government would be very motivated to dry up the demand for such an expensive commodity by investing in alternative energy vehicles. There has also been a huge push to introduce new car models with LNG engines and retrofit existing ones with LNG conversion kits.

Aside from the economic aspect of it, gasoline is turning out to be quite a strategic liability for Iran as well. For a time now, there has been a movement afoot in the US and the EU to slap some kind of gasoline embargo on Iran. They would not only prevent their own companies from selling to Iran, but also sanction any 3rd party companies who would dare to do so. In effect, Iran may soon find that no matter how much it'd be willing to pay, it may not have access to enough gas to start its engines.

And you would have to travel to Tehran to understand the level of air pollution caused by millions of cars in a city sitting at the base of 5610 m tall wall, called the Alborz mountains. Fewer gas burning cars would make a very clear and tangible difference in the quality of life and health of millions of Iranians.

Considering the above, I would say the Iran has a few unique and real incentives to implement such projects, beyond the "fashion cloth" factor, as you put it.

Thank You for your answer brother. yes also i told that everybody who intend to use lithium for such projects tricks himself. Honda or toyota or GM, whoever manufacture such type of cars do it just for advertisement. Everybody involved in mining know the present situation of lithium reserves.
Making such a car is an advertisement. + it means ''i m capable to do this.''

Whats wrong here? nothing but i just wanted to inform people about this propaganda smelling news. thats all... This is a propaganda, just like your new planes, new coastal submarine project and so on...

Cant iran do anything? yes you can do. especially in robotic technologies. we are all aware of the things iran can do. (we know the results you get in robocups:cheers: )
but nothing more... and producing gas and oil doesnt mean that you are a developed country. Arab states and russia is at the same position and russians are really whining for the present situation of the country. and in this portrait, you have been begging for s-300 defence systems you try to get from russia. Russians try to change the present situation of their country and industry, and you try to transfer russian technology to your country. is this logical?
You may think that military technologies and industrial technologies are different. i completely agree. but if iran had an observational industrial capability, Russia would co-operate to modernize its industry with iran, not with Chinese... Am i clear enough?

To be able to make something in micro size is something, mass production is another... it needs experience, money,trained man power, indsutrial technology and other things like raw-rare materials.

Praising Your country is something understandable. but doing this towards a Turk seems a little bit strange Dear Brother. And especially if this Turk has knowledge on such rare materials and production techniques. Am i wrong?

You mention about the air pollution of tehran... Can iran begin mass production of this car? and can people use it in great numbers as an alternative to petrol engine cars? i dont think so... lets say everything is solved, can iran export these cars? no they cant... embargo? yes thats the exact answer... what about china? i think its a better option to copy and manufacture the iran's car. somehow they may sell the replica car for a cheaper price :lol:

its an expensive technology and lithium batteries die in 5 years. depending on duty and heat, a car's battery may live just for 3 years. nevermind the stability of the battery... as i told above, mass production is a dream for you, for iranian industry...

lets think that you solved all the problems and started manufacturing it. What about embargo? No, dont say that Chinese may sell some of their deposits. they used to import lithium... so they wont sell... russians cant purify and get lithium. And, how will iran get lithium from brines with such a high mg/li ratio? oil refining is not the same with ore processing... + its really expensive and difficult to process ores with such a high mg/li ratio. can iran really do that? i dont think so.

i can speak about lithium for a few hours but i need to end my words here. people reading this text shouldnt be lost in details and should understand what i wrote. after that i m sure they will have a certain opinion about ''iran's electiric car''.
i told in my first post, solar technologies and systems have a better and more reliable future than this lithium fashion.

And my final word, Do you really think that iran can make an engine has a potential to be an alternative to petrol engines? As a petrol exporting country, as a petrol country, Can iran shoot himself in the foot??? German can do this as an oil importing country, but iran's seeking alternative technology seems really silly...
really silly... the most foolish propaganda i have ever seen in my life... (of course after military developments of iran :lol: ...)
Kansu

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom