What's new

Egyptian Struggle-Updates and Discussions

Hahah God hater? Buzz of you terror sympathizing buffoon. MB is a terror org, certified. The Egyptians support Sisi (majority). Yes i do not support Islam in politics, because it is mis used. Just like Hamas does, just like MB did, just like KSA Islmic values are, Irans aswell and the hypocrisy in the mullas of my country.

Call on a mod, just because i do not agree with your viewpoint I'm a God hater? Please.
Please do not get me wrong, since i am not trying to defend anyone, but seeking the truth . MB won the elections democratically, I do not understand how they have managed or been led to screw it up, but certified as terrorists? by whom?
I do agree with the underlined statement, but I won't generalize it, since it is circumstantial.
Most successful Muslim empires or states had a state ruled by the law or Quanoun separate from religion but not running against it .

Please do not get me wrong, since i am not trying to defend anyone, but seeking the truth . MB won the elections democratically, I do not understand how they have managed or been led to screw it up, but certified as terrorists? by whom?
I do agree with the underlined statement, but I won't generalize it, since it is circumstantial.
Most successful Muslim empires or states had a state ruled by the law or Quanoun separate from religion but not running against it .

Laws interpreted from Islam is completely justified. No issues on that, but governing the country in 21st century from only Quranic/Islamic laws will **** up. Economy of todays world is incompatible with Ribah free system we have to use. You see we have to be very flexible but these religious holier than thou idiots do not listen to reason. The people of Egypt supported Army takeover, so who are we to say them as wrong.

Laws interpreted from Islam is completely justified. No issues on that, but governing the country in 21st century from only Quranic/Islamic laws will **** up. Economy of todays world is incompatible with Ribah free system we have to use. You see we have to be very flexible but these religious holier than thou idiots do not listen to reason. The people of Egypt supported Army takeover, so who are we to say them as wrong.

Who said anyone was governing the country with the Quran? Egypt had a constitution which may be Islamically influenced. It isn't 'Quran rule'. You're mistaking them for TTP or something. I'm getting a little off topic, but this is just to clarify to you that the MB wasn't planning that.

The Muslim rulers were smart in financial terms they used to have jews running the financial Muslim banks, since Riba is allowed in their religion. So they took responsability for it. (with a cut of it for themselves of course).

Egypt Begins Work on New Suez Canal Lane

By Sarah Liebschutz on August 11th, 2014
skynews.img.600.372.jpeg

On August 5th, Egypt announced the commencement of a project to dig a new canal lane running parallel to the existing Suez Canal in an effort to expand trade and speed up traffic transiting through the existing waterway. The project is also expected to increase the number of ships that use the waterway each day, and generate income to boost the struggling Egyptian economy. Revenues from the Suez Canal, which total about $5 billion every year, are a crucial source of foreign currency for the Egyptian economy, which has seen a sharp decline in tourism over the past few years since the 2011 uprising. The project, which is estimated to cost $4 billion, is thought by officials to be capable of creating up to 1 million jobs in Egypt, and will coincide with a related project to develop the surrounding port and storage facilities in the Suez Canal area. Both projects have been planned for years to develop the area around the Canal and generate more income.

Currently, the Suez Canal, which carries about 12 percent of all international trade and allows ships to travel from Europe to Asia without sailing around southern Africa, only provides one-way traffic. However, the new 45-mile lane would allow ships to travel in both directions for just under half of the Canal’s 101-mile span. Further, the project is expected to reduce the maximum waiting hours for ships from 11 hours to three hours. Egyptian officials have set an ambitious schedule for the project, stating they would like to complete the project by mid-2015.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi has stated that the project will not depend on foreign funding, and would be financed through the offer of 500 million shares to Egyptians only. However, other sources indicate that shares may be offered to non-Egyptians at a premium rate of $100 per share.

Although the project and related development of the surrounding area have been touted as a way to boost revenues and expand the capacity of the Canal, some analysts are skeptical that the expansion project will have such an effect. In particular, one analyst notes that because capacity will be expanded for only part of the length of the canal, it is not clear how much of an effect this will have on the Canal’s overall operations. Others note that the Canal will not be deepened to allow fully-laden supertankers to pass through the canal. Egyptian officials, however, are bullish on the project, estimating that the new Canal lane will increase annual revenues to $13.5 billion by 2023.
Egypt Begins Work on New Suez Canal Lane | Cov Africa

I wonder if it was for Morsi adjusting his pants while with foreign leaders or for something else, Since image is of utmost importance in diplomacy.

I wonder if it was for Morsi adjusting his pants while with foreign leaders or for something else, Since image is of utmost importance in diplomacy.

His image as whole was a disaster as were his diplomatic skills. All his foreign state visits were disasters, his broken English, un-charismatic demeanor, and long windiness was a turn off for many state leaders. He lacked the fundamental skills to be a
competent leader let alone a president.

@BLACKEAGLE why are you posting OT stuff in this thread? This thread is not about Egyptian economy. It is about struggle for democracy in Egypt.

His image as whole was a disaster as were his diplomatic skills. All his foreign state visits were disasters, his broken English, un-charismatic demeanor, and long windiness was a turn off for many state leaders. He lacked the fundamental skills to be a
competent leader let alone a president.

The first and most important prerequisite for a head of state is legitimacy, not English, or what you call charisma, or anything else. He had a warm reception in Pakistan, and we appreciated his visit. When did any Egyptian head of state ever visit Pakistan? You are just clutching at straws.

He was a disaster for Egypt when it came to diplomacy. His inner circle as inexperienced in running affairs of the country. He brought down the economy to new lows. Mind you the same people kicked out Mubarak ad installed him. The same people kicked him out. They would rather have a successful and prosperous Egypt under dictatorship than a democracy that was crashing down their country and economy and their image.

The first and most important prerequisite for a head of state is legitimacy, not English, or what you call charisma, or anything else. He had a warm reception in Pakistan, and we appreciated his visit. When did any Egyptian head of state ever visit Pakistan? You are just clutching at straws.

He came with a 51% majority. Second his diplomacy was a disaster for Egypt with economy so screwed that it is yet to recover. The same people that kicked out Mubarak brought him. The same people kicked him out.

Pakistan's welcome has no weightage when it comes to Morsis acceptance that dwindled within one year. May i remind you of the screw ups that MB did. The way they treated women who were molested. The way they let molestors off the hook and blamed women. The way they used Islam to persecute Coptics and the shias there. The misuse of the judicial system. Diplomatic **** ups. Economic suicide.

No wonder the same people wished dictatorship back. You can wish all you want, the people with the army support Sisi. Majority does, a sizeable minority still supports MB.

Last edited:
For those talking about Morsi's failure, this should give them some food for thought (if they are willing that is).

How Egypt’s Rebel Movement Helped Pave The Way For A Sisi Presidency
For the first time, one of the five founders of the Tamarod, the movement that led the protests that ousted the Muslim Brotherhood last year, admits his movement was taking orders from the army. “We were naive, we were not responsible.”
How Egypt's Rebel Movement Helped Pave The Way For A Sisi Presidency

The deep state worked against a legitimate hard working intelligent president from day one. They worked to undermine him and finally undid democracy at the behest of the KSA ruling elite.

I have no respect whatsoever for those who sold their future in hands of another army dictator. If someone thinks that Sisi will give more than that looter Mubarak, or Sadaat, etc... they are seriously mistaken. Its going to be more of the same.

The Gaza killings are down to Israel and then Egypt and KSA in a supporting role. How can anyone expect anything good from them?

el sisi won the elections and the protests in 30 6 were the largest in history in Egypt they (the brotherhood) managed to make everyone hate them more than the old regime they are something from the past now we are on the right path even with the hard economic reforms the people are supporting the government and their numbers are fewer every week
yh but what about the 2000 egyptians who were killed?? what happened to them? i hear one thing from my egyptian friends and then you post something totally different on here..

It is true, the man had no leadership qualities or skills, not when he was in the MB (where he was a glorified assistant) nor in the presidency. Charisma, or any other attribute are not perquisites of being a president (Elsisi fails on much of the same stuff I mentioned about Morsi), however, the man must have some leadership qualities.

Pakistan and Egypt have had a close relationship from the time of Jinnah, where he visited Egypt, since then unfortunately the only visits have been between PM's or other officials except for Morsi's which was marred by mistakes that could have been avoided is his team even bothered to use Google.

Egyptian writer cites 'grave' factual errors in Morsi's Pakistan speech - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online

For those talking about Morsi's failure, this should give them some food for thought (if they are willing that is).

How Egypt’s Rebel Movement Helped Pave The Way For A Sisi Presidency
For the first time, one of the five founders of the Tamarod, the movement that led the protests that ousted the Muslim Brotherhood last year, admits his movement was taking orders from the army. “We were naive, we were not responsible.”
How Egypt's Rebel Movement Helped Pave The Way For A Sisi Presidency

The deep state worked against a legitimate hard working intelligent president from day one. They worked to undermine him and finally undid democracy at the behest of the KSA ruling elite.

I have no respect whatsoever for those who sold their future in hands of another army dictator. If someone thinks that Sisi will give more than that looter Mubarak, or Sadaat, etc... they are seriously mistaken. Its going to be more of the same.

The Gaza killings are down to Israel and then Egypt and KSA in a supporting role. How can anyone expect anything good from them?

Mohab Doss, the guy who rage quit because he wasn't shining in Tamarod, oh my!

''تمرد'': سندعم شخصية قضائية أو عسكرية للرئاسة

أحد مؤسسى "تمرد": يوجد أكثر من رأى داخل الحركة حول ترشح السيسى اليوم السابع

Mohab Doss:
Tamarod campaign is either going to support a candidate from the military institution or from the judiciary institution. Because the judge represents the state of law and the military represents the state of discipline and security.

Mohab Doss:
Tamarod campaign has many views for the candidacy of Sisi the minister of defense, but the movement will support any presidential candidate from the military institution or the judiciary institution because both represents discipline, law, and both will turn the country to a strong state that respects the law.

Funny thing is, that the majority of Tamarod's leadership supported Hamdeen Sabahy's presidential bid and were a part of his campaign, while only one supported Elsisi's bid, Mahmoud Badr. Doss's claims to this day have not been proven.

Last edited:
So I wonder if MB had ever prepared someone for the role of presidency (diplomacy), or Morsi's arrival to that post was shear circumstantial luck.

I am happy for Egypt reinforcing its defensive capabilities (the deal with Russia) and investing in its infrastructure (The double lane of the Suez canal), two positive outcomes in the middle of these turmoils.

@BLACKEAGLE why are you posting OT stuff in this thread? This thread is not about Egyptian economy. It is about struggle for democracy in Egypt.

Funny thing is the Suez Canal project was proposed by the MB.

He was a disaster for Egypt when it came to diplomacy. His inner circle as inexperienced in running affairs of the country. He brought down the economy to new lows. Mind you the same people kicked out Mubarak ad installed him. The same people kicked him out. They would rather have a successful and prosperous Egypt under dictatorship than a democracy that was crashing down their country and economy and their image.

Just admit you don't know anything about Egyptian affairs. You are throwing one liners at us without backing any of those assertions up. Of course he wasn't perfect, he was bound to get criticism due to the state of Egyptian economy/political/legal system which had been devastated for decades.

Morsi had to deal with Mubarak-era judiciary powers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom