What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Modernized SA-2 , Pechora-2M , Hawk Phase III , Buk-M2 , Tor-M2 , Modernized SA-6 , Avenger , Chaparral , Crotale , Shilka and Amun or "Skyguard"

Attachments

• 243425.JPG
    243425.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
The first Gowind Class corvette for the Egyptian Navy is to leave its dry dock. Delivery is expected in 2017 after further work and then sea trials. The Egyptian Navy has a contract for four with three being built in Egypt and is expected to sign a contract for two more.

G1.jpg
G2.jpg

I don't understand Egypts weapons programs can someone explain. They have fighters from so many different countries, Mirage 2000, Mirage 5, Rafael, f-16, mig-35, Chinese j-7, mig-21. Why purchase 24 Rafael, 50 mig-35? Why not just have two types of aircraft, you already have over 200 f-16 and you could have bought 100 mig-35 or even su-30 or su-35 next to it. I think this will be a logistical problem in the future.

I don't understand Egypts weapons programs can someone explain. They have fighters from so many different countries, Mirage 2000, Mirage 5, Rafael, f-16, mig-35, Chinese j-7, mig-21. Why purchase 24 Rafael, 50 mig-35? Why not just have two types of aircraft, you already have over 200 f-16 and you could have bought 100 mig-35 or even su-30 or su-35 next to it. I think this will be a logistical problem in the future.

There's a couple of reasons but first I want to clarify something. The MiG-21, F-7, and Mirage 5 (except two Horus squadrons) are nearly all out of service already and the Mirage 2000 will follow them in the next couple of years. Old -16s are also slated for retirement.

That's a lot of fighters that need replacing and the US isn't forthcoming with cutting edge kit at all so a new type from there or more -16s is out of the question really. That's reason number one.

The political establishment is pursuing a policy which demands multiple sources of armament in most areas. This means they are not dependent on any one partner but it's also a double edged sword in terms of logistics and interoperability, although the EAF has a lot of experience with this. Reason two.

So by 2020 and the introduction of new types the EAF will have three fighter types; F-16 MiG -35 Rafale

6 of them in the end of 2016, along with 6 KA-52, not far from that 3 other Rafale..
First delivery slated for Q1 2017

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flag raising ceremony on ENS Anwar El Sadat L1020 in preparation for its journey to Egypt after crew training and sea trials.

View attachment 335287 View attachment 335288 View attachment 335289 View attachment 335290 View attachment 335291 View attachment 335292 View attachment 335293 View attachment 335294

Thanks for info and I hope that Egypt will kick Israeli @$$ in actual war...And btw,congrats for the carrier or whatever it looks like.

Israel will pee and poop in their pants seeing this fleet.
My friend, i think Israel has enough weapons and us support to challenge all the Middle east country. and it,s Air force is the key of it,s Power core.:coffee:

My friend, i think Israel has enough weapons and us support to challenge all the Middle east country. and it,s Air force is the key of it,s Power core.:coffee:
71756099.jpg

Saudi and Kuwaiti EuroFighter Typhoons and Egypt's Dassault Rafaels are stronger than F-35Is...SA has F-15 SAs and Egypt has MiG-35 to take down Israeli F-15s....And all the F-16s of ME countries can easily take care of Israeli ones...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom