Reaction score
Country
Egypt
cWr3rlm.jpg
dic89VQ.jpg
Type 071 YUZHAO Jinggang Shan井冈 999 Kunlun.jpg
type-071-yuzhao2.jpg

More Info Here : 埃及将购买中国071船坞登陆舰 由沙特土豪拿钱_军事_中华网

What on earth Egypt is planning or thinking ? They need to buy lot more Frigates and Cruise missile destroyers

yup we defiantly need now more Submarines and heavy frigates like our Fremm

@MICA

Does Egypt has production capabilities ? Asking for both Naval, Land and Air platforms ?

What on earth Egypt is planning or thinking ? They need to buy lot more Frigates and Cruise missile destroyers
Sometimes I wonder are you Chinese you are in every China related threads . . . .

@MICA

Does Egypt has production capabilities ? Asking for both Naval, Land and Air platforms ?

well for the Naval production we are going to build 3 of our Gowind 2500 Deal
Gowind corvette.jpg

but this is a new thing we have never made something like that before , we only have experience in civilian ship building

we also made before the swiftship deal and the turkish patrol boat i don't remember the name sorry

on Land yes a lot but still most of the critical parts like engine etc .. are imported maybe the M1A1 plant is the most famous factory here in egypt

on Air
Assembly lines and service only , and we build something like the K8 body , mirage 2000 tanks and replenishment for most of the aircrafts and helicopters except the apache

this is really need a topic alone ...

well for the Naval production we are going to build 3 of our Gowind 2500 Deal
View attachment 269678

but this is a new thing we have never made something like that before , we only have experience in civilian ship building

we also made before the swiftship deal and the turkish patrol boat i don't remember the name sorry

on Land yes a lot but still most of the critical parts like engine etc .. are imported maybe the M1A1 plant is the most famous factory here in egypt

on Air
Assembly lines and service only , and we build something like the K8 body , mirage 2000 tanks and replenishment for most of the aircrafts and helicopters except the apache

this is really need a topic alone ...

That's MRTP-20
ust.jpg

Engines are pain the @ss for us too. :)

I too think, you need a separate thread for defense industry capabilities of Egypt. At least listing Egyptian companies and their abilities/products.

That's MRTP-20
ust.jpg

Engines are pain the @ss for us too. :)

I too think, you need a separate thread for defense industry capabilities of Egypt. At least listing Egyptian companies and their abilities/products.

yes that's the one i was talking about ..

Better for them to get EU or US ones as they already have LHD from France.

i think its better to get it from china and that type of vessels don't need a sophisticated technology onboard they are just a transport for heavy infantry to get from point A to B then cheaper is better , and they will move under a heavy protection by submarines and frigates

Egypt Rafale ,mistral and now buy 071. Do Egypt operate gold mine?

I know Saudi will pay but they are weaken by oil crisis. I dont know whether they can really afford such money spree...

I know Saudi will pay but they are weaken by oil crisis. I dont know whether they can really afford such money spree...

i was about to say before your edit , the link says saudi will fund the deal , but i have no idea how much the type 071 will cost

And 4 Gowind corvettes,and 2 (?) Type 209 subs,and possible (?) 50 Kamov helicopters and 46 Mig 35's.:o:

i was about to say before your edit , the link says saudi will fund the deal , but i have no idea how much the type 071 will cost

Based on wiki 5-600 million $

071 is a huge ship and if included the 4 LCAC plus support, it will not come cheap.

And 4 Gowind corvettes,and 2 (?) Type 209 subs,and possible (?) 50 Kamov helicopters and 46 Mig 35's.:o:

Based on wiki 5-600 million $

that's mistral money :undecided:

071 is a huge ship and if included the 4 LCAC plus support, it will not come cheap.

that's the only thing i don't like the LCAC onboard they are not capable to carry heavy tanks like our M1 abrams , i don't know if they can change it or we are going to look for a light tank like the T-90 MS

that's mistral money :undecided:

that's the only thing i don't like the LCAC onboard they are not capable to carry heavy tanks like our M1 abrams , i don't know if they can change it or we are going to look for a light tank like the T-90 MS

I think Egypt shall switch tank, the export M1A1 proves miserable performance in Yemen war by the Saudi. American usually export downgrades weapons to allies. Even Israel upgrade their own F-15, F-16 with their own avionic becos American downgraded the radar for export.

Back
Top Bottom