What's new

Egypt officially confirms order of 50+ MiG-29's

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Подтвержден контракт с Египтом на истребители МиГ-29М/М2 - bmpd

Some people fail to understand the combo of Rafael and Mig29. Call it very strange , make no sense.

M version has a refined airtframe, upper secondary intake is removed and more fuel tank installed there and also in the airframe so there is no need for the ugly hump uf upgraded SMT's.
Still Mig-29M is a generic term, probably they are K' carrier versions airframes with some adjustments for land only use. My guess is that they will also have folding wings and be dual sitters airframes with a fuel tank in the second seat.
Something like that

MiG-29M-2+rep.+for+Syria.jpg

Last edited:
Syria also ordered 24 MiG-29M2s

Last edited:
They were interested in Mig35 ....................... Why Choose Mig29M instead?

Подтвержден контракт с Египтом на истребители МиГ-29М/М2 - bmpd

Some people fail to understand the combo of Rafael and Mig29. Call it very strange , make no sense.

M version has a refined airtframe, upper secondary intake is removed and more fuel tank installed there and also in the airframe so there is no need for the ugly hump uf upgraded SMT's.
Still Mig-29M is a generic term, probably they are K' carrier versions airframes with some adjustments for land only use. My guess is that they will also have folding wings and be dual sitters airframes with a fuel tank in the second seat.
Something like that

MiG-29M-2+rep.+for+Syria.jpg

Why not MIG-35s?? O.O

Original article translation as per OP link
Confirmed contract with Egypt on the MiG-29M / M2

bmpd
February 6th, 3:16

As reported February 5, 2016 Agency RIA Novosti , JSC "Rosoboronexport" in April 2015 concluded "with one of the countries of North Africa" [Egypt - bmpd ] contract for the supply of "more than 50" MiG-29M / M2 new construction, with the first two of the aircraft are to be shipped by the end of 2016. This was stated by Deputy Director General of JSC "P USSIAN Aircraft Corporation " MiG "Alexei Beskibalov arrived in Nizhny Novgorod to participate in the celebrations dedicated to the 84th anniversary of the formation of the Nizhny Novgorod aircraft building plant" Sokol "(entered in the RAC" MiG ") .

The prototype of the MiG-29M2 (MiG-35, 9-67 type, tail number "747"). Zhukovsky, 08/27/2015 (s) Vladislav Perminov / russianplanes.net ( link )

The report by RIA Novosti said: "Russian Aircraft Corporation" MiG "plans this year to pass the first two MiG-29M / M2 for the customer from North Africa, told the deputy director general of the corporation Alexey Beskibalov. He arrived in Nizhny Novgorod to participate in Friday's celebrations dedicated to 84 th anniversary of the founding of the aircraft building plant "Sokol". "Rosoboronexport signed the largest contract in the history of military-technical cooperation, on which we have to put more than 50 MiG-29M / M2 ... It loads the power of our combined businesses and Lukhovitsy, and Nizhny Novgorod until 2020, "- he said, adding that the contract was signed in April 2015, and the customer -. one of the countries in North Africa , he said," this contract is already acting on it received an advance "and "organized funding and the Nizhny Novgorod plant" "We have the first two aircraft to ship later this year", -.. added Beskibalov " Co sides bmpd note that for the first time in the public domain on the harmonization of the contract for the supply of Egypt 46 MiG-29M / M2 (perhaps the number "46" corresponds to the number of ordered single-seat fighters, excluding "sparok")announced in may 2015. Alexei Nikolsky article "Egypt loads of Russians work. Agreed contract to supply 46 MiG-29 fighter jets to Egypt. It opens up new prospects in front of one of the most famous Russian companies in the world "in the newspaper" Vedomosti ".

Syria also ordered 16 MiG-29M2s
Syria's economy has been completely destroyed, who's gonna pay for it? With Russia's economy in the shitter, they won't give these planes to Syria for free. Russia has already said that Syria will have to pay cash for anything it buys from them.

I doubt this news of yours is true.

If it still hasn't arrived, it never will. Deliveries usually start 1 to 2 years after an order, not 4 to 5.

Meh. It's not like Putin side needs it. SAA pilots are crap compared to Russian pilots plus Russian air force planes are way better they got Su-30SM and Su-35S and Su-25SM and Su-34 and Tu-22M3 and Tu-95SM and Tu-160 and A-50M/U and Il-78M.

heck the mig 29 is even being sold to serbia
if Serbia received just 1 new MIG for every time that Serbia said it was " considering buying" and Russia said it was " considering delivering" then Serbia would have the largest air force in the world. Frankly, I wish they would stop printing these rumors.

Truth is Serbia has no money for Mig's or s300 or anything else. The Russians are also unlikely to make a huge military loan to a country who's government just singed a deal to grant NATO full diplomatic immunity and free access to it's territory by NATO military forces .
Can't blame the Russians either, I wouldn't invest in this type of "deal" either.

Mass protest in Belgrade against agreement with NATO | InSerbia News

About sales to "North Africa" the last batch of Mig's delivered to , was it Yemen?, were returned for being "low quality. I think those were probably re-furbished older aircraft.

For new builds, if it took them all of 2015 to build 2 planes, then to make a squadron of 24 will take what? another 11 years? By that time modern aircraft might not even have Pilots. I think RAC Mig's best years were the 1980's, today they seem to be just barely keeping the doors open.
Please correct me If I'm wrong.

Russian sources said the Mig-35 is the same as the new version of the Mig29M/M2 which was flying already in maks 2015 which is basically a mig-29M2 with mig 35 tech onboard and these was the test beds for the Mig 35

747 testing new something !
156904.jpg

747 (mig 29M2) in maks 2015 as mig 35

171293.jpg

and the single seat 741 in maks 2015
2V9A1817_zpsaf9n6tsv (1).jpg

741 as a test bed for the mig 35 new targeting pod
154756.jpg

i think the mig 35 will be the same Mig-29M/M2 , ( with 2 things disappeared the refueling probe and the ols-k )

they already have 200 F-16s,

now they will recive,

24 Rafales (+future order of 24)
50 mig 29s

Submarines
Frigates
Corvettes

Tanks etc etc.:o:

holy syet @MICA you guys are on shopping spree :D

2015/2016

4 type 209 subs
4 gowind 2500 corvette's
24 rafale
1 Fremm Frigate
46 Ka-52
10 apache
20 F-16 Block 52
2 Mistral class LHD
S300VM
50 Mig-35
1 E2-C
1 p-32 molniya
125 M1 Abrams

i am not sure if missed something Lol

this can be interesting as well about the mig 35
Первые два истребителя МиГ-35 на сборке на предприятии РСК МиГ в Луховицах - bmpd

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom