What's new

Egypt has placed order for Su-35s

F-16s, Rafaels, & now SU-35s...who they going to conquer????? Ohh maybe Turkey.. :disagree:
And Mig 35 too

Pak should atleast learn something multirole jet need combination of air superiority to perform better

I don't think this is wise decision when you are already operating Rafale & F16s. It will be nightmare for Egypt airforce for maintenance in different platform.

May be....but you have to consider that Egypt was doing well for decades , operating F-16, Mirages,F-7,MIGs and Phantoms.....this is the best way to counteract any possible sanctions and political pressure from any party.

They don't need the manpower. They have the strongest air force, navy, and best land equipment among the Arab states. The U.S. wants them to lead it and so do most of the allies of the Arab states including the Europeans.
Additionally, the Arab Spring and the election of the Muslim Brotherhood to power illustrated that there is a strong undercurrent in favor of regime change in Egypt. The Egyptian military may be able to suppress that desire for regime change, but the variable still exists which makes Egypt relatively less 'stable' compared to Saudi Arabia.

There is a continuity in Saudi Arabia, especially if the transfer of power to a young MBS goes as planned, that Egypt can't quite match.

Additionally, the Arab Spring and the election of the Muslim Brotherhood to power illustrated that there is a strong undercurrent in favor of regime change in Egypt. The Egyptian military may be able to suppress that desire for regime change, but the variable still exists which makes Egypt relatively less 'stable' compared to Saudi Arabia.

There is a continuity in Saudi Arabia, especially if the transfer of power to a young MBS goes as planned, that Egypt can't quite match.

You have to deep dive in reading and understanding political,historical and social aspects of both Saudi and Egyptians....you will change your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing is here.....Ordinary Egyptians about 10-15 years ago thought that Pakistan was a friendly nation ...... but things started to change now .
Due to the perception about Pakistan in the Global Media and the political relations that doesn’t go any where....
And for me this was my first time in this PDF to contact Pakistanis and saw how much they hate us....individually or following the Turks.
Pakistanis hate Egypt/Egyptians? I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Egypt rarely, if ever, comes into everyday discourse in Pakistan.

Yes, Pakistan and Pakistanis have a strong bond with Turkey, historically and because of significant defence cooperation, so perhaps on military/defence boards you'll see Pakistanis take the side of Turkey when it comes to Turkish-Egyptian relations, but outside of that there's really not that much interest in Egypt (good or bad) in Pakistan.

You have to deep dive in reading and understanding political,historical and social aspects of both Saudi and Egyptians....you will change your opinions.
If you can point to such material that I can read I'd appreciate it.

But even if we disagree on regime stability in Egypt vs Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia has a certain global clout because of the sheer amount of money it can use as leverage that Egypt cannot match.

Pakistanis hate Egypt/Egyptians? I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Egypt rarely, if ever, comes into everyday discourse in Pakistan.

Yes, Pakistan and Pakistanis have a strong bond with Turkey, historically and because of significant defence cooperation, so perhaps on military/defence boards you'll see Pakistanis take the side of Turkey when it comes to Turkish-Egyptian relations, but outside of that there's really not that much interest in Egypt (good or bad) in Pakistan.

If you can point to such material that I can read I'd appreciate it.

But even if we disagree on regime stability in Egypt vs Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia has a certain global clout because of the sheer amount of money it can use as leverage that Egypt cannot match.

From what I’m seeing here ,in this very forum and thread....I’m feeling hate from many Pakistanis...feeling like Egypt is the country that occupying Kashmir :undecided:o_O:cuckoo:

As for Saudi Arabia.....we are not opponent....we complement each other.....in this world now a days Clustering and gathering in larger groups is the right way to survive for medium sized countries like us in ME ,Africa and Asia, otherwise, superpowers will eat you alive.

As for materials you want...
You can start from the beginning of Egypt/humanity by reading the book of James Henry Breasted (dawn of conscience) 1933 so you can know more about the demographics of Egyptians that are far more homogeneous than many other countries.....and I will prepare some other materials for you to Read.

From what I’m seeing here ,in this very forum and thread....I’m feeling hate from many Pakistanis...feeling like Egypt is the country that occupying Kashmir :undecided:o_O:cuckoo:
Pakistani's are a passionate and emotional people. If you ever get a chance to read our domestic political discussions, especially around the elections, you'd think that the opposing political parties were occupying Kashmir or hand in glove with the Indians in breaking up Pakistan. Like I said, don't take the comments of a few people on a defence board as representative of all Pakistanis.

We know Egyptian force's and there training level ... Isrealis dont have any issue if USA would give Egypt 500+ F-22 raptors... They are not at par with turkey in any form of military
No, you don't really know that (regarding current Egyptian training levels and competence). Please refrain from making such broad derogatory comments about other nations. What does this comment offer, other than to insult Egyptians and give them a very negative view of Pakistanis? Stick to the thread topic please.

I'll be deleting this and similar comments on the thread.

Define "relevant." Relevant to Pakistan? Relevant to the ME? Relevant in what specific areas, economy, military, diplomacy? What's an important relevance to Pakistan?

Ignore that,
but help me understand .. what is the logic behind this platform purchase decision if true ?

The top air superiority fighter isnt SU-57 ? and if EAF is buying aircraft to counter IAF F-35, then SU-57 could be the obvious choice

Non-stealth to counter stealth ?
su-35 radar has ability to detect a target with 0.01sqm of RCS as far as 90km.

Ignore that,
but help me understand .. what is the logic behind this platform purchase decision if true ?
Just understand that the SU-35 with the Mig-29M/35 is what the F-15 is to the F-16 in general..a complete aerial combat system..

everything above. It's just not relevant
Try to find some material about this combination for Pakistani Missiles tech..Egypt-NK-Pakistan..maybe you'll know how relevant Egypt was/is to the ones who know this in Pakistan..

Maybe Saudi wants Egypt to be the center of their Arabs military league due to Egypt larger manpower.
That is the role given to Egypt by the Sauds..A too big role that is above Egypt capabilities..

No, Saudi Arabia definitely wants to lead the "league". Maybe making Egypt their right hand man would work but trust me, Saudi Arabia wants to lead the Arab world and that's final.
KSA is pissing against the wind, in that matter..

SU-35 was coming as a complement to the Mig-35.. it was announced by the official Egyptian TV channel.. the number was 29.. so this might be the first batch..

512px-Sukhoi_Su-35S_in_2009.jpg
It is just another kettle in the hands of Egyptians..

Which radar do you think they will receive? I thought the Su-35 was made as a counter to the F-35 and F-22 but I could be wrong and without the Russian radar the capabilities will be severely reduced.
If Israel, the main constable of the area, doesn't See any problem for Egypt to acquire them, that means they will be delivered severely impaired like everything sold to the Egyptian military..

Pakistan should establish close military relationship with egypt and send our pilots to egypt for proper training of their airforce as we have best pilots which have proved their capabilities multiple times in actual war so it will help Paf pilots to have experience of flying different types of jets and in any conflict our pilots will be able to protect Muslim world from any threat from israel and west
That will be the end of Pakistan army as fighting force...

That is the role given to Egypt by the Sauds..A too big role that is above Egypt capabilities..

KSA is pissing against the wind, in that matter..

It is just another kettle in the hands of Egyptians..

If Israel, the main constable of the area, doesn't See any problem for Egypt to acquire them, that means they will be delivered severely impaired like everything sold to the Egyptian military..

That will be the end of Pakistan army as fighting force...
Why would Israel have a sway over Russia or anyone else when it comes to downgraded exports? They have no duty to protect Israel as the U.S. does.

Why would Israel have a sway over Russia or anyone else when it comes to downgraded exports? They have no duty to protect Israel as the U.S. does.
Israel dictates what can be gotten as military equipment in the area, especially for the one they have been at war with..Egypt is the main foe , even in peace, to Israel and Israel will do everything to make the Egyptian threat a minimum to her...Russian are no different from the the US or European..all of them march to the Israeli drum..

Back
Top Bottom