What's new

Eating at public place in Ramazan Police beat up 2 persons

Status
Not open for further replies.
before making a comment note that the guy who was eating in public was doing an un-lawful activity thats why he was supposed to get punishment.. he was not in some non-Islamic country.... he was in Islamic country where he must respect the holy month.. and people who do fast.. this law is not only Pakistan but also in whole gulf as well.. Indians who claim it talibanisation are ranting just in the hate of a particular religion and not in favour of any 'human right'... these human right activists must first make their house in order... hint: Asaam..

If it is the law, then he should have been booked not beaten up by police. Many pakistani here seems to be unaware of such law.
I am sure if India brings such a law you will be posting it here. And I wont blame you for that.

Have some orange juice then think again....
UK isnt a muslim or muslim majority country..Pakistan is..
But in UK i cant shout abuse against the queen even if o dont like her..
So yes every country has their own cultural restrains.
In Uk you should not be able to abuse anybody, let alone queen. But if you are into comedy then yes you can.
You can oppose her rule, republicans do it all the time. They opposed the jubilee celebration peacefully, nobody beat them.

If it is the law, then he should have been booked not beaten up by police. Many pakistani here seems to be unaware of such law.
I am sure if India brings such a law you will be posting it here. And I wont blame you for that.

In Uk you should not be able to abuse anybody, let alone queen. But if you are into comedy then yes you can.
You can oppose her rule, republicans do it all the time. They opposed the jubilee celebration peacefully, nobody beat them.

Yes...so it has to be done in a certain way..
Likewise its allowed not to keep fast and eat in ramazan,if done in a certain way
I.e,. Out of public sight.....
That should settle the matter,as i usec your own logic.

Yes...so it has to be done in a certain way..
Likewise its allowed not to keep fast and eat in ramazan,if done in a certain way
I.e,. Out of public sight.....
That should settle the matter,as i usec your own logic.
I did not use my own logic, I just stated how things work here. I did not make it.
You still did not answer whether I can eat in office and drink water/tea or not, without being beaten. Does the ramadan law applies to this?

buddy you are saying this because you are un-aware of Pakistani police.. :lol: they first beat and then book.. which is wrong!! but at the same time mind that it is not that they just beat some boy out of religious issue.. it is just their custom.. which is again wrong..

dont compare UK with Pakistan.. hell of a difference between the two.. culturally, religiously, socially and policically..

buddy you are saying this because you are un-aware of Pakistani police.. :lol: they first beat and then book.. which is wrong!! but at the same time mind that it is not that they just beat some boy out of religious issue.. it is just their custom.. which is again wrong..

dont compare UK with Pakistan.. hell of a difference between the two.. culturally, religiously, socially and policically..
Okey I agree, my argument was lame, I know subcontinet police (India included , lol)
I will still argue against having such a law.

Want the shove the dirt under the carpet??? :what:

If that was the case why those police personel are apologizing and want the complaint to be taken back?? :angel:

Read what all those constables said to those people.... Open your eyes..!!
"taking drinks during fasting is a violation of Ramazan Act and a serious crime"
"but constable insisted that he has to implement the teachings of Islam"

But if you still want to dismiss this incident as a very petty one which would be equal-ant to justifying the above statements in bold.... I have nothing more to add from my side.....
My God help you and your nation then...!! :cry: :cry:
Change the attitude and thinking of your people before its too late.... :cry:
Education and tolerance is the key..... And tolerance will not come untill for education... :fie:

I was merely pointing out the matter that the text of the news report mention, however, in your blind hatred of everything Pakistani, you cannot help but live with the fact that there isn't something that reflects negatively on the religious beliefs of a Pakistani official, Yeah I see that often.

Simply misuse of position and rights.... :tdown: it is Indeed an insult of basic rights, freedom and democracy...:angry:

definitely this can't be co-related with culture and beliefs.... I just want to ask if there is really a law that disallows people to eat in ramazan...

Simply misuse of position and rights.... :tdown: it is Indeed an insult of basic rights, freedom and democracy...:angry:

definitely this can't be co-related with culture and beliefs.... I just want to ask if there is really a law that disallows people to eat in ramazan...

There was in 1980s but it's ineffective now.

There was in 1980s but it's ineffective now.
I am still confused, some say it does, so say there is no law. Do you mean it is not enforced as such but remains on paper?

I am still confused, some say it does, so say there is no law. Do you mean it is not enforced as such but remains on paper?

It was an ordnance that was given extension by Zia's posse, it's not in the constitution that's why most people don't know about it. It's not in effect but hasn't been officially purged either.

It was an ordnance that was given extension by Zia's posse, it's not in the constitution that's why most people don't know about it. It's not in effect but hasn't been officially purged either.
Thanks for the info. :)
In India, an ordinance expires after 6 month, unless ratified by parliament.

Its of concern to me...... Why shouldnt it be??
I am opposed to the idea of talibanization and religious extremism.....
And as I said earlier too.... Tolerance and education is the key.....
I am not here to earn a few brownie points because of this incident.. But I seriously want fellows of my neighbouring country to change their mindset and move forwards.. Not backwards...!! :cry:

Before coming here and advising us, it would be better if you can have a look at the mirror and see how much tolerance, religious extremism and other BS is there in your own society.

And yeah you are here and were here to each some cheap shot brownies, this time i am letting you go, but not next time.

Same advice for other Indian members, try to have a normal decent discussion instead of bringing in your usual BS, don't complain later when infractions await you.

I was merely pointing out the matter that the text of the news report mention, however, in your blind hatred of everything Pakistani, you cannot help but live with the fact that there isn't something that reflects negatively on the religious beliefs of a Pakistani official, Yeah I see that often.

And you could only read the part where it said that the policemen beat up guys after a heated exchange of words at the chowki...???
While you failed to notice the statements made by the constables given in the " " ..???
This is not my blind hatred for anything Pakistani(I have no issues with Pakistan or pakistanis, hatred is a far fetched conclusion)... But a classic case of putting your head in the sand and think you are invisible... !!

And I am just pointing out here is; that religious extremism is creeping into the law enforcement agencies as well..
This incident in itself might not be a very big issue.. But try and think with an open mind...
Every thing starts small...
Numbers start from 1 and climb up..
Just as alphabets start from "a" and go till "z"..

My only plea to you people was not to sideline this incident as one of a kind... But protest against it... Here on "pdf" atleast.!!!
Some people blindly appreciating it (Read post number# 6 + the thanks that particular post got) makes me sad... :cry: :cry:

What rule of :pdf: I have broken in that particular post?? So as to get an infraction..??
No personal attack..
No discussion on banned topics..
No hurting religious sentiments..
No using foul language..
What in the hell did I post that tickled your raw nerve?? :what:

Senior moderators?? :hitwall: :hitwall:
Its of concern to me...... Why shouldnt it be??
I am opposed to the idea of talibanization and religious extremism.....
And as I said earlier too.... Tolerance and education is the key.....
I am not here to earn a few brownie points because of this incident.. But I seriously want fellows of my neighbouring country to change their mindset and move forwards.. Not backwards...!! :cry:

We do appreciate you contributing the charitable hour, but I doubt the concerned Policeman would be reading your highly intellectual posts by any coincidence and since you are feeling generous and as the old saying goes....Charity begins at home...... specially the Dalit areas. !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom