What's new

Dubai - United Arab Emirates (Feast your eyes)

Apparently there are more natives deeper inland.

Been in a mall in Bani Yas, so much Arabs here.

Why there are so few Emiratis living in the Abu Dhabi city itself?

on the island of Abu Dhabi , it is mostly built up with skyscrapers and high-rises (aka , cramped). Mostly lived in by westerners and Arabs and south east Asians. Since these people are a long way from home , they do not need big spaces to have family over.

UAE locals on the other hand , prefer living on the out-skirts of Abu Dhabi city in huge villas. 800 to 1300 square meter villas with big gardens since multiple generations live together until they eventually have too big of a family themselves that they need to move out.

@Abu Dhabi what new interesting things are happening in the kingdom now?

you might be thinking Bahrain or KSA :P those are kingdoms. They UAE is not. You can call it a sheikdom ;)

Sonically and politically, we have a new president and he has been visiting each emirate to meet the people which was quite nice. The Economy has been doing quite well actually and tourism is skyrocketing once again. Also, the usual infrastructure projects here and there and non-stop building.

for example

a new highway opens between the cities of Dubai and Al ain, which was much needed

1654436278458.png

1654436286887.png

1654436294974.png

presidents visit to al dhaid city, sharjah

1654436439649.png

you might be thinking Bahrain or KSA :P those are kingdoms. They UAE is not. You can call it a sheikdom ;)

Sonically and politically, we have a new president and he has been visiting each emirate to meet the people which was quite nice. The Economy has been doing quite well actually and tourism is skyrocketing once again. Also, the usual infrastructure projects here and there and non-stop building.

for example

a new highway opens between the cities of Dubai and Al ain, which was much needed

View attachment 851604

View attachment 851605

View attachment 851606

View attachment 851609

How do you think of MBZ's first few months in a president's chair? I guess nothing really changed as the Federal Govt already been more or less ran by professional civil servants, and AD itself was already de-facto ran by him.

I also noticed Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan got way more prominent in the media as of late, as well as MBZ's eldest son. His third son also surfaced in the media. I never heard of him before that.

I also noticed they are also appearing in exactly same order everywhere: Mansour, Khaled, and then Tahnoon.

Last edited:
How do you think of MBZ's first few months in a president's chair? I guess nothing really changed as the Federal Govt already been more or less ran by professional civil servants, and AD itself was already de-facto ran by him.

I also noticed Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan got way more prominent in the media as of late, as well as MBZ's eldest son. His third son also surfaced in the media. I never heard of him before that.

I also noticed they are also appearing in exactly same order everywhere: Mansour, Khaled, and then Tahnoon.

many changes announced in the last two weeks, i am sure you have heard of it.

so on and so forth. Understandably this type of news does not make it internationally but it makes a huge difference in the lives of locals and residence of the UAE

the UAE sheikhs have an understanding between each other of who leads and when and who shows up and who takes a temp. back seat. I respect and love this about them. Orderly and organized.

and of course it goes without saying , they have the full support and love of their people

It is amazing to witness what was once a forgotten corner of not only Arabia but also Eastern Arabia (Dubai and UAE as a whole) turn into one of the most impressive modern skylines in the world and one of the most visited cities in the world. UAE have done fabulously overall. Credit where credit is due.

The only shame (for me) is that a lot of the traditional Arabian Emirati architecture was lost during the modernization period not unlike other areas of the GCC. The areas that have kept their architecture intact in UAE are a treasure that is worth keeping.

This looked really good.

21 million views!

Camel is incredibly tasty (when done the right way) and one of the most healthy meats too.

@Abu Dhabi

Are those old or new (in old architecture style) houses?

1661386494642.png

From Dubai. Traditional "wind houses".

1661386609879.png

1661386632595.png

It would be amazing if GCC countries made a law that mandated that most new buildings should resemble old architectural styles.

This is what makes a country such as Yemen such a unique place. It seems like a living museum given their distinct and absolutely beautiful traditional architecture.

1661386736531.png

1661386753850.png

1661386762885.png

Arabia is such a mysterious place. Love the traditional architecture.

for example

View attachment 851604

View attachment 851605

View attachment 851606

View attachment 851609
Whats the difference between a kingdom and sheikhdom, other than name?

I love Dubai whohooo!!! Damn those were good times.. good times...:cheesy:

on the island of Abu Dhabi , it is mostly built up with skyscrapers and high-rises (aka , cramped). Mostly lived in by westerners and Arabs and south east Asians. Since these people are a long way from home , they do not need big spaces to have family over.

UAE locals on the other hand , prefer living on the out-skirts of Abu Dhabi city in huge villas. 800 to 1300 square meter villas with big gardens since multiple generations live together until they eventually have too big of a family themselves that they need to move out.
Mashallah
many thanks for taking us to such a great ride. the pictures are amazing. well done and well deserved pride.
there are many examples in the world if the same money and opportunity was given then it would've ended up being wasted and stolen and only rubble and trash piles to show for.

How have the naturally scenic mountainous emirates such as Fujairah, Ras al Khaimah and Sharjah changed in the past 10 years?

@Abu Dhabi / people living in the UAE.

Also is there an increased interest by locals to preserve and keep intact traditional Emirati/Arabian architecture in relation to my post 156. I certainly hope so.

I also hope that KSA and UAE will help rebuild the old/ancient local destroyed architecture in Yemen. It is a shared Arabian and world heritage that should ideally transcend politics.

Last edited:
I am checking out Doha for a holiday vacation. It's so fiendishly expensive! Way more than it was in 2016. What has happened? A cake in a coffee shop: 40 QAR minimum, and an average meal hits 100. On the other hand, Karim/Taxi is still very cheap. Prices seem to have literally doubled over the last 6 years.

Back
Top Bottom