What's new

Drinking liqour is not Haram - Federal Shariat Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that is different.

The Quran did not make it haram, and Muhammad (PBUH) himself did not use it, I accept that. I also accept that it harms much more than it benefits. I myself do not drink.

Just don't misrepresent information, and make it worse by trying to force it on others. That is all I am saying.

But there is no misrepresentation.
Nor is there enforcement.
What is are stated records and facts.
Nobody is being forced to stop drinking..
but to declare it ambiguous when there is ample evidence that it was not preferred.. is incorrect.

The Prophet showed his dislike for alcohol.. but did not declare it Haram to allow for new converts to come in without being put off..
But most of these converts were made to eventually give up alcohol....
if it had not been disliked as such.. why stop those new ones from having it??

But there is no misrepresentation.
Nor is there enforcement.
What is are stated records and facts.
Nobody is being forced to stop drinking..
but to declare it ambiguous when there is ample evidence that it was not preferred.. is incorrect.
Its like declaring that someone prefers that other people not sleep with his wife..
or the he would blow the brains out of the person who does so.

"Not preferred" is correct. I accept that.

The whole thread is based on the FSC verdict, is it not? They did take into account the stated records and facts when they gave this judgement, right?

The whole thread is based on the FSC verdict, is it not? They did take into account the stated records and facts when they gave this judgement, right?

Either that.. or some people just wanted to drink and feel a little better about it.

Either that.. or some people just wanted to drink and feel a little better about it.

If one drinks and feels bad about it, then it is a clear indication that they should stop. Trying to rationalize or justify alcohol use is just as wrong as trying to ban it.

To each his own, I have said many a time, then leave it to that person and Allah.

Zaroor uss ki Tawajho ki Rahbari ho gee
Nashay main tha tau main apnay hee ghar gaya kaisay

Yeh zahar mairay lahoo main utar gaya kaisay

Main hosh main tha

The court said it does NOT come under haad and whipping punishment is not correct for it.

and when entire Pakistan is having free for all tubs of liquor then whats the fuss about it since we can not implement the rules and laws so whats the use of yelling

The court said it does NOT come under haad and whipping punishment is not correct for it.

... and the REASON it does not come under the punishment of Hadd is that is has NOT be declared haram by the Quran, as the detailed evidence accepted by the court shows.

and when entire Pakistan is having free for all tubs of liquor then whats the fuss about it since we can not implement the rules and laws so whats the use of yelling

Dear Jana, that is another issue entirely! :D

... and the REASON it does not come under the punishment of Hadd is that is has NOT be declared haram by the Quran, as the detailed evidence accepted by the court shows.

:) but i am unable to understand does it matter if its haram or not? it ruins the health, it distrubes the soceity, family, personal life and so on .
heavy dirnkers are always shakey unstable and can not take decisions, can not differentiate between good bad and friends and foes.

khair oyeee that was emotional sermon.

am just wondering if people avoid alcohol just beacuse its haram ? if that is so then why dont they avoid sexual behviour? all those activities which come under haad ? why dont they avoid those? why just for sake of showing they are Muslims they show anger over status of liquor?

Dear Jana, that is another issue entirely! :D

:p YEH just activate phone network and you can get every kind of sharab even in Peshawar.

What a pathetic judgement. I hope Islamic Ideology Council takes some action!

I don't get this, why should the IIC get involved in this again? We need to move away from these extremist practices as this affects everybody on all levels of society. If somebody is a Muslim and he drinks, so what, it shouldn't be the governments job to police personal habits. Why is alcohol brewed in Pakistan if people hate it so much?

I don't get this, why should the IIC get involved in this again? We need to move away from these extremist practices as this affects everybody on all levels of society. If somebody is a Muslim and he drinks, so what, it shouldn't be the governments job to police personal habits. Why is alcohol brewed in Pakistan if people hate it so much?

either you are ignorant or naive enough not to differntiate between personal life and rules and laws .

in your own country go and check there are rules and laws for liquor too.

:) but i am unable to understand does it matter if its haram or not? it ruins the health, it distrubes the soceity, family, personal life and so on .
heavy dirnkers are always shakey unstable and can not take decisions, can not differentiate between good bad and friends and foes.

khair oyeee that was emotional sermon.

am just wondering if people avoid alcohol just beacuse its haram ? if that is so then why dont they avoid sexual behviour? all those activities which come under haad ? why dont they avoid those? why just for sake of showing they are Muslims they show anger over status of liquor?

:p YEH just activate phone network and you can get every kind of sharab even in Peshawar.

Yes, I do agree with you that the harm of using alcohol is much greater than its benefits. However, that should be left to the users or non-users to decide if, when and how much to use. Just remove legal incentive for the mullah's interference in people's lives in this matter.

Narrated by Gaber bin Abdullah:
We were with the messenger of Allah, PBUH and he asked for a drink. One of his men said: "Oh Messenger of Allah, Can we offer you wine to drink?" He said Yes. He (Gaber) went out looking for the drink and came back with a cup of wine. The messenger (Peace Be Upon him) asked, “Have you covered it with a twig in a transverse manner” He (Gaber) said, “Yes” and he (Muhammad) drank.
Sahih Muslim - Hadith #3753

Narrated by Abdullah bin Masoud (May God be pleased with him):
He was with the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him on the night of the jinn when he asked him if he had water. He answered that he had wine in a pot. Mohammed said: Pour me some to do ablution and he did. [The] Prophet peace be upon him [said]: "O Abdullah bin Masood it is a drink and a purifier."
Musnad Ahmad - Hadith #3594

Narrated by Gaber bin Abdullah:
We were with the messenger of Allah, PBUH and he asked for a drink. One of his men said: "Oh Messenger of Allah, Can we offer you wine to drink?" He said Yes. He (Gaber) went out looking for the drink and came back with a cup of wine. The messenger (Peace Be Upon him) asked, “Have you covered it with a twig in a transverse manner” He (Gaber) said, “Yes” and he (Muhammad) drank.
Sahih Muslim - Hadith #3753

Narrated by Abdullah bin Masoud (May God be pleased with him):
He was with the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him on the night of the jinn when he asked him if he had water. He answered that he had wine in a pot. Mohammed said: Pour me some to do ablution and he did. [The] Prophet peace be upon him [said]: "O Abdullah bin Masood it is a drink and a purifier."
Musnad Ahmad - Hadith #3594

There are many such ahadith too, but they are not regarded as robustly as many others indicating Muhammad PBUH himself did not partake.

Ah, that is different.

The Quran did not make it haram, and Muhammad (PBUH) himself did not use it, I accept that. I also accept that it harms much more than it benefits. I myself do not drink.

Just don't misrepresent information, and make it worse by trying to force it on others. That is all I am saying.

The first source of law is the Quran which has not clearly or specifically made drink haram. Similarly Muhammad (PBUH) did not use alcohol but this is only a second source of the law and is not entirely clear. It may have been Muhammad's (PBUH) preference not to drink but this does not make it haram. Only the Quran can make a thing haram and where the Quran omit to mention something then only through analogy can a thing be made haram. Since the Quran does mention drink but has not made it haram it cannot be made haram through analogy. One cannot usurp the role of the Qurna as the prime source of morality and law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom