What's new

DRDO Multical Rifle Unveiled- the next generation rifle for the IA

Yes, as I mentioned above ^^^^ bro.

I thought this is ambidextrous. So will absence of ejection will affect left hand users and can you tell me about froward assist?

Is all modern fire arms like AK12, ARX, CZ has forward assist feature?

What is your obsession with bull-pups? This design was tired out and FAILED as compared to the traditional design that performed very well. It seems your measure is so subjective and based on your personal preference. Over the INSAS, this MCIWS is a great step in the right direction it really is.

It is a very good looking weapon- hard to believe DRDO came out with it, their small arms products have always been lacking when compared to their foreign competitors. Having said that the latest variants of the INSAS are very nice and incorporate many contemporary features. It seems DRDO/ARDE did their homework and came up with a great product for the IA.

I'm just wondering if the MCIWS can take AK mags, this would obviously be very useful for a number of reasons 1) the IA has a LOT of such mags and secondly considering who the CI forces of the IA fight, being able to use the mags of your enemy is useful in itself.

No such luck...however the magazines for 5.56 and 7.62 can fit perfectly into the same reciever.
For what you are looking for, the galil ACE 7.62 or the trichy is suitable....the former more than the latter

Well that's some thing! No need to change the receiver when changing calibres.

That was the whole point if one wanted a caliber change with a barrel swap in the field itself (for the meaheads, in the field does not mean in the middle of a firefight).

That was the whole point if one wanted a caliber change with a barrel swap in the field itself (for the meaheads, in the field does not mean in the middle of a firefight).
Well it's certainly a welcome feature. I assumed that the change in calibre would be done by the unit armourer but this change can seemingly be done very quickly by the humble grunt.

Well it's certainly a welcome feature. I assumed that the change in calibre would be done by the unit armourer but this change can seemingly be done very quickly by the humble grunt.

I can't wait to see a demonstration video of that happening...I think the first units to receive this rifle in IA
will be the RR again...

I can't wait to see a demonstration video of that happening...I think the first units to receive this rifle in IA
will be the RR again...
I am not sure, by all accounts the RR are the first units to get the foreign multi-cal rifles but who knows where that competition is...

mx44.jpg

What's the third rifle ( from left to right)
Is that the bullpup type designed by DRDO? Its seems to be as one in the banner

mx44.jpg

What's the third rifle ( from left to right)
Is that the bullpup type designed by DRDO? Its seems to be as one in the banner
First. On the right is either ak 103 or 107, middle is mtar and left is the cx4. None are made in India.

a noob question - what is the difference between curved carbine magazine(like in Aks and the above gun) and a straight one(like the western guns-m1a4s)...? any advantages??

a noob question - what is the difference between curved carbine magazine(like in Aks and the above gun) and a straight one(like the western guns-m1a4s)...? any advantages??

It is easier for for the feeding of bullets in a curved mag., for example if you stack 5.56 cases they will not stack straight there will be a slight curve.

I've found this article on zee news some time ago (2010).

"In three years from now, army soldiers will have two new modern, indigenous rifles at their disposal instead of the standard INSAS rifle, allowing them to operate effectively in urban or jungle environment.

The DRDO is working on a Future-INSAS rifle to go along with the under-development future infantry soldier project that the Indian defence establishments are currently working on, DRDO's Chief Controller of Research and Development (Armament and Combat Engineering) S Sunderesh said here today.

It is also working on a new single-hand operated carbine."

It says Drdo developing 2 new rifles. One is the sexy MCIWS showed at Defexpo 14. What about the other one? Is Drdo developing a second rifle?

Did MCIWS passed its trials? Wanna see this sexy baby in our soldiers hand.

What is the current status of JVPC carbine?
In three years from now, army soldiers will have two new modern, indigenous rifles at their disposal instead of the standard INSAS rifle, allowing them to operate effectively in urban or jungle environment.

The DRDO is working on a Future-INSAS rifle to go along with the under-development future infantry soldier project that the Indian defence establishments are currently working on, DRDO's Chief Controller of Research and Development (Armament and Combat Engineering) S Sunderesh said here today.

It is also working on a new single-hand operated carbine, he said.
In three years from now, army soldiers will have two new modern, indigenous rifles at their disposal instead of the standard INSAS rifle, allowing them to operate effectively in urban or jungle environment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom