What's new

US Army set to field new rifle and light machine gun in 2023

I would disagree........

Most death in war are pure cause of "Stupidity". As in you won't get killed unless you do something stupid.

What's more important than the new rifle and the LMG is the new type of ammo. Turkey will copy this rifle in 10 years @merzifonlu remember this.

The new type of ammo is almost tailor-made for Turkey's needs too

The Optics, the suppressor, the whole package is just very nice.
It would be very easy to convert the MPT-76 into a form capable of handling this ammo (6.8 mm). Because the infrastructure of the MPT-76 is very suitable for this. However, I think we will have problems with the under-license production of that ammo. The USA wants to sell itself directly, if it sells it too.

I think we can go to development on 7.62x51 NATO ammunition instead. The shell of the ammunition becomes polymer. (There are companies that develop this technology.) The dynamics of the bullet and the chemistry of the gunpowder are also improved. An ammunition that is almost as stable and long-range as those used by snipers results. And light too.

Last edited:
It would be very easy to convert the MPT-76 into a form capable of handling this ammo (6.8 mm). Because the infrastructure of the MPT-76 is very suitable for this. However, I think we will have problems with the under-license production of that ammo. The USA wants to sell itself directly, if it sells it too.
Semi-steel case allowing pressures of 80.000 Psi would mean that the MPT action has to be strengthened. And it's not just the ammo, the rifle, the optics, the suppressor. The whole package is sweet.

and now EVERY SOLDİER is going to carry a suppressor, every rifle comes with the suppressor. It's a beautiful system. I'm telling you, we'll try to copy this and we'll call it national rifle 68 or something

I hope the autists who said "AR10 is good enough no need to invent something new" get to see this.

Most deaths in war are caused by other weapons than rifles so this project seems to be waste of money.

Maybe that is the case because the soldier was not equipped with the right rifle to defend himself in the first place.

Good luck clearing an important building with artillery, or doing Search and rescue with an ATGM.

Who said that infantry should't have any weapons? I'm questioning new caliber.

Who said that infantry should't have any weapons? I'm questioning new caliber.
Not all warfare is artillery, tank, and air battles. More often than not gun fights occur when securing an area, as soldiers have to personally go inside buildings and houses to clear them, and often they run in to enemy soldiers.

The new caliber is to defeat modern body armor being developed by China and other unfriendly nations (towards the USA).

Most of the world is moving towards a bigger caliber, simply because it's has more stoppingnpower; it's more lethal and reliable at penetrating body armor.

Good luck clearing an important building with artillery, or doing Search and rescue with an ATGM.
mistook his flags for israeli, and was like how apropos; that is how they clear buildings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom