What's new

DRDO - Days of past and now at a glance

Vinayak Tiwari

Reaction score
Country
India
India is today "One of the 4 countries multi-level Strategic Deterrence Capabilities". Many other achievements were done by India because of it's principle defense research org. called D.R.D.O. Beginning from a state of near zero knowledge of equipments and when even nuts and bolts for weapons had to be imported, DRDO has been moving in close association with the Armed Forces, academic institutions,research org. etc. with a vision to empower India with cutting edge technology. It's Def. R & D budget for 2013-14 was around Rs. 10610 crores. It has provided our country with tactical weapons and support systems such as LCA, MBT, UAVs etc. and electronic warfare system. Some recent fame added to D.R.D.O's name were Agni-4 and 5 and maiden launch of long range cruise missile "Nirbhay" and dev. of AEW & C.
MISSILE AND STRATEGIC SYSTEMS :
SS strategic missile (Agni series), Prithvi, Dhanush, Akash, Nag, Brahmos, Prahar and RINS-Ringh Laser Gyro based INS-GPS-GLONASS for long range missile and Aircrafts.
AERONAUTICAL SYSTEMS :
LCA MK1, MK2, Lakshya, Nishant, Rustom, (IFF)-MK XII "Identification of friend or foe", Sudarshan
ARMANENT SYSTEMS :
Over 10 lakh pieces of 5.56 mm INSAS and LMGs, PINAKA-1 AND 2, Thermal and blast effect has been developed for MBT Arjun, MSMC, Kalantak, under barrel grenade launcher, BMCS for field guns, Canopy Severance System for pilot egress during emergencies and lower pressure twin fluid water mist based fire protection system are some examples.
COMBAT VEHICLES AND ENGINEERING :
MBT- Arjun, T-72 'Ajeya' upgradation, 130 mm (SP) Catapult system on MBT chassis 130 mm (SP), Modular bridge SAKAV, BHIM-76, Sarvatra- the mobile bridge laying system, Armoured Ambulance, Amphibious Diver Dozer, Urban Survival Kit for the BMPs. Mobile camouflages System ( integrated in Arjun ), DAKSH, Rotatory engines for UAVs, Counter Mine Flail (CMF) on T-72, Armoured Engineering Recce Vehicle, RCV, Track way Expedient, UGVs and many other equipments.
ELECTRONICS, COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND MICRO-ELECTRONICS :
EWS, Divya Drishti, SAMYUKTA for army and SANGRAHA for Navy, SUJAV, Advanced ESM System for IN, INDRA-1 AND 2, RAJENDRA Radar, SV-2000 M.P.A.R, Data link communication for NISHANT, microwave power modules, high power microwave sources and diagnostics, Subsystems for distributed electronics of Torpedos, CIDSS, Electro-optics and lasers, EON-51, IMFS, CHITRA-High detection and performance computing center, coupled cavity TWT, Laser warning Sensor, LLTD, Eye Safe Lasers, S-band 130 KW (pulsed) and many more.

I........ Subsystems for distributed electronics of Torpedos, CIDSS, Electro-optics and lasers, EON-51, IMFS, CHITRA-High detection and performance computing center, coupled cavity TWT, Laser warning Sensor, LLTD, Eye Safe Lasers, S-band 130 KW (pulsed) and many more.

Made quite an effort there buddy. Might as well do a bit more and add the remaining here too. It'll make for a decent, comprehensive list.

@acetophenol My thread consists of all the latest systems made by DRDO till 31st December 2013...
My thread covers several of DRDO sysems,including those posted here. However,if you are aiming for a exclusive thread for DRDO,please go ahead. However make it more presentable with titles and pics.

My thread covers several of DRDO sysems,including those posted here. However,if you are aiming for a exclusive thread for DRDO,please go ahead. However make it more presentable with titles and pics.
Well I got all this list from Year book 2014 which was published by I&B Ministry so couldn't manage any photos but still I think i should've gone for Google. And I posted this because members will always read the thread which has been started recently.

Back
Top Bottom