What's new

Dr. Abdus Salam: A question

Well; I do know about the Sheep-herders and Camel-drivers having encountered them so often.
But I did not think that they have migrated to the western side of my border. Have they now?
Then your Pakistani-ness will become very tenous indeed.
Or did you consume too much "Mooli ka Parantha" lately?
Since the price of "Aloos" are touching 100Rs/kilo; or so @RescueRanger tells me.

Arey Mara, kyon Mooli Khala key Biohazard bena rey ho Becharey ko?

Then your Pakistani-ness will become very tenous indeed.
Or did you consume too much "Mooli ka Parantha" lately?.

The day I go to Indian boards and post some jack $hit stuff about saffronites, you will be free to talk about consumption of "nuklear parathas" :lol:

For now, please make sure that your non-extremist Indianness is not in jeopardy. ;)

In NUST SEECS building, there is a massive portrait honoring Dr. Abdus Salam and his accomplishments. The only people who take negative to his legacy are narrow minded bigots who see anyone who does not follow their narrow twisted interpretations as being a blight that must be eliminated.

You know; RR. I have tell you about a late Uncle of mine who used to be a top Nuclear Scientist in India. He took a great deal of interest in my education as a school-boy; esp in the field of Science. He had met Dr.Abdus Salam many times in Intl. Conferences and at IAEA meets and told me about him as one of the great Physicists of the time and even more so since he was from our part of the world. My Uncle took me to meet Dr.Glenn T.Seaborg another Nobel Laureate (And then Chmn. of the US AEC) during a visit to Bombay. I still have his autograph.

If it was at all possible, I think that he would have even taken me to meet Dr.Salam just to inspire me!

The day I go to Indian boards and post some jack $hit stuff about saffronites, you will be free to talk about consumption of "nuklear parathas" :lol:

For now, please make sure that your non-extremist Indianness is not in jeopardy. ;)

LOLLLLLLL Fauji; do not underestimate me. I'm made of sterner stuff than to be put off by any motley Parantha-wallas threatening to do "this, that or the other" ..........."here and there".
Go on, dry up and blow away.

You know; RR. I have tell you about a late Uncle of mine who used to be a top Nuclear Scientist in India. He took a great deal of interest in my education as a school-boy; esp in the field of Science. He had met Dr.Abdus Salam many times in Intl. Conferences and at IAEA meets and told me about him as one of the great Physicists of the time and even more so since he was from our part of the world. My Uncle took me to meet Dr.Glenn T.Seaborg another Nobel Laureate (And then Chmn. of the US AEC) during a visit to Bombay. I still have his autograph.

If it was at all possible, I think that he would have even taken me to meet Dr.Salam just to inspire me!

Truly, your uncle was a wise man. I still have hope for improved cross border relations, one day INSHALLAH!

Truly, your uncle was a wise man. I still have hope for improved cross border relations, one day INSHALLAH!

You know; what you hope for may happen, Ameen.
My Uncle had a message when he spoke about Dr.Salam or anybody else from this part of the world--that people in the rest of the world, esp in the West think of us as exotic as Snake-Charmers.
But we can aspire to run with anybody else and hope to run along-side. Just being from a poorer part of the world did not make us any less intelligent. And most scientific work starts in the mind, only later does one require a laboratary.

Yes indeed. All of that is true.
BUT......................he is forgotten, his gravestone defaced and a opportunist pretender like A Q Khan got lionised.
All because of sectarian considerations.

Could you enlighten us about any country in the world which is free from sectarianism? especially in the context of sub continent.

You mean to say there must not be conversation???

Abdul Salam belong to a community which don't believe that "Muhammad was last prophet".. If you say yourself Muslim and u don't believe it, you are Wajib-e-Quatal..

Correct me If I am wrong

AHAHAHA, here comes mulla self righteous, can you tell me where did you pull this fatwa from?

@OP, the reason why some Pakistanis are so hostile is clearly shown from the quoted comment. Since they don't do much for Islam themselves and commit atrocities in the name of Islam (just watch Pakistani news channel for one hour) they feel they must go out and prove their righteousness. Hence the hostile view towards Dr Abdus Salam (rh). They can't achieve even a inch of what he's done. A quote.. "Chand pe thuku gai to thuk wapis apnay sir pe akay giray ga." So their hostile and ape like behaviour can never besmirch the good name of Dr Sahib. He remains in the eyes of the civilized world as a great pioneer of science. It really doesn't matter what people on this forum think.

While I agree with the overall sentiment of the blog.

I must say this blog is high on self-flagellation and low on the detailed background of how well Dr. Salam was treated during his time in Pakistan.

He achieved highest level of recognition in the government of Pakistan. Was given perhaps highest amount of research funds given on disposle to a single scientist.

I mean how else Salam could develop large organizations such as SUPARCO, PAEC etc.

The money came from Pakistani taxpayers.

It is a crime and injustice that we ignore all that, and focus on a small part and tiny incidents where he may not have gotten what he wanted.

Having said that, I must say that we have not treated our minorities well. But that's a separate discussion.

When we discuss science we should not discuss religion. The two things are antithesis of each other. Yeah Islam too.

So please you all, do not be Mullahs when discussing Dr. Salam.

Thank you

Science has no boundaries????

I hope for that too.

Hopefully an exchange in the sciences?

@Pakistani Exile how have you been? I missed seeing you around these parts :)

Where do you usually hang out?

Yes indeed. All of that is true.
BUT......................he is forgotten, his gravestone defaced and a opportunist pretender like A Q Khan got lionised.
All because of sectarian considerations.

Maybe its because many people in our part of the world have become intellectually lazy and inept and would rather run after claims of home made water powered cars than honor the true scientists.

And yes adding their versions of the religion to the mix makes the problem worse.

Dr Salam was one of the most learned and prominent scientist from Pakistan. Among his many achievements was setting up SUPARCO.

He was a real hero of Pakistan and should be honored as such and all Pakistani's should be proud of his achievements.

With this I agree. Imagine that if he was not one of those castigated, then may be there would not have been a need to do the icube from pumpkin but rather Pakistan could have had a more sophisticated satellite and missile program then the current paint shop prowess.

While I agree with the overall sentiment of the blog.

I must say this blog is high on self-flagellation and low on the detailed background of how well Dr. Salam was treated during his time in Pakistan.

He achieved highest level of recognition in the government of Pakistan. Was given perhaps highest amount of research funds given on disposle to a single scientist.

I mean how else Salam could develop large organizations such as SUPARCO, PAEC etc.

The money came from Pakistani taxpayers.

It is a crime and injustice that we ignore all that, and focus on a small part and tiny incidents where he may not have gotten what he wanted.

Having said that, I must say that we have not treated our minorities well. But that's a separate discussion.

When we discuss science we should not discuss religion. The two things are antithesis of each other. Yeah Islam too.

So please you all, do not be Mullahs when discussing Dr. Salam.

Thank you

Because in those time Pakistan was Islamic Republic for namesake & Field Marshal Ayub Khan is very few dictator whom I admire.

Back
Top Bottom