What's new

Dr. Abdus Salam: A question

Chronos

Reaction score
Country
India
I have observed some posters who have taken a hostile attitude towards his legacy. Was it because he is an Ahmedi. Or we're there other reasons?

Because I looked at his interviews on YouTube. He seems shy, reserved and entertained questions academically. It reveals a person of immense intellect and dedication to his craft.

So could people here explain the hostility shown towards him by some people?

Disclaimer: please keep the conversation civil. I do not mean to offend or stoke feelings. I mean this as an enquiry. Please keep the replies dispassionate and academical

I have observed some posters who have taken a hostile attitude towards his legacy. Was it because he is an Ahmedi. Or we're there other reasons?

Because I looked at his interviews on YouTube. He seems shy, reserved and entertained questions academically. It reveals a person of immense intellect and dedication to his craft.

Disclaimer: please keep the conversation civil. I do not mean to offend or stoke feelings. I mean this as an enquiry. Please keep the replies dispassionate and academical

You mean to say there must not be conversation???

Abdul Salam belong to a community which don't believe that "Muhammad was last prophet".. If you say yourself Muslim and u don't believe it, you are Wajib-e-Quatal..

Correct me If I am wrong

Abdul Salam belong to a community which don't believe that "Muhammad was last prophet".. If you say yourself Muslim and u don't believe it, you are Wajib-e-Quatal..

Correct me If I am wrong

I am not an expert on Islamic theology. But the finality of the prophet seems to be the issue.

But it still shouldn't warrant the castigation of a great mind

What do you mean? Who have shown hostility towards him? Most of Pakistanis even don't know that he was Ahmadi

Correct me If I am wrong

How you became widow? Did your husband committed suicide because of your trolling?

Correct me If I am wrong

You are wrong on that

We have this issue here in our country. We have extremists. People now a days support Mullah people.
I respect him because he works for Pakistan. I have no problem if he is Ahmedi, Christian or Shia.. It was his faith. He choosed to be an Ahmedi.
Most of people don't know that he was Ahmedi. Can you share that YouTube interview with us here too?

Correct me If I am wrong
If you don't know anything about Islam then shut your mouth.

Dr Salam was one of the most learned and prominent scientist from Pakistan. Among his many achievements was setting up SUPARCO.

He was a real hero of Pakistan and should be honored as such and all Pakistani's should be proud of his achievements.

Dr Salam was one of the most learned and prominent scientist from Pakistan. Among his many achievements was setting up SUPARCO.

He was a real hero of Pakistan and should be honored as such and all Pakistani's should be proud of his achievements.

Yes indeed. All of that is true.
BUT......................he is forgotten, his gravestone defaced and a opportunist pretender like A Q Khan got lionised.
All because of sectarian considerations.

Btw. I did say some. Not all.

But I did run across a minority of people having a problem.

Btw. Want to congratulate people for keeping this thread civil so far :enjoy:

We have this issue here in our country. We have extremists. People now a days support Mullah people.
I respect him because he works for Pakistan. I have no problem if he is Ahmedi, Christian or Shia.. It was his faith. He choosed to be an Ahmedi.
Most of people don't know that he was Ahmedi. Can you share that YouTube interview with us here too?

Do you want the interviews? Both are 29 minutes long.

First one talks about Pakistani nuclear program. Second one about scientists in pakistan

Last edited:
In NUST SEECS building, there is a massive portrait honoring Dr. Abdus Salam and his accomplishments. The only people who take negative to his legacy are narrow minded bigots who see anyone who does not follow their narrow twisted interpretations as being a blight that must be eliminated.

Btw. I did say some. Not all.

But I did run across a minority of people having a problem.

RN

You are a good hearted guy.

Why on earth you would spread Islamist propaganda?

you yourself admit that YOU "run across a minority of people having a problem."

Can you not run somewhere else? Find a nice garden and jog there. Why are you jumping into mad house madrassah talk?

Must you run "across the Mullahtic fascists and Tali-barbarians".

What's wrong with you?

Have you no respect for your own self?

Yes indeed. All of that is true.
BUT......................he is forgotten, his gravestone defaced and a opportunist pretender like A Q Khan got lionised.
All because of sectarian considerations.

AGain!

An Indian an otherwise sane India kind hearted Indian is hell bent on spreading Islamist propaganda.

Did you by any chance consume something too flatulating last night.

What's wrong with you Sir.

Saudi Mullahs try to deface tombs, even the tombs of Sahabis.

Wish you could see what kind of travesty they did to the oldest graveyard in Madina.

Why you want to talk about tribal biduin behavior.

When you know that there are many Pakistanis who admire him and hold him at high places.

Please quit

you are putting your Indian ness to shame.

RN

Can you not run somewhere else? Find a nice garden and jog there. Why are you jumping into mad house madrassah talk?

What's wrong with you?

May i copy your style ?.......:sarcastic::sarcastic:

RN

What's wrong with you?

AGain!

An Indian an otherwise sane India kind hearted Indian is hell bent on spreading Islamist propaganda.

Did you by any chance consume something too flatulating last night.

What's wrong with you Sir.

Saudi Mullahs try to deface tombs, even the tombs of Sahabis.

Wish you could see what kind of travesty they did to the oldest graveyard in Madina.

Why you want to talk about tribal biduin behavior.

When you know that there are many Pakistanis who admire him and hold him at high places.

Please quit

you are putting your Indian ness to shame.

Well; I do know about the Sheep-herders and Camel-drivers having encountered them so often.
But I did not think that they have migrated to the western side of my border. Have they now?
Then your Pakistani-ness will become very tenous indeed.
Or did you consume too much "Mooli ka Parantha" lately?
Since the price of "Aloos" are touching 100Rs/kilo; or so @RescueRanger tells me.

Back
Top Bottom