What's new

Don't vote for BJP, it will impose a Hindu CM, Only a Muslim can become CM in J&K: PDP leader

Macho man called Joe a kid? Ha ha that is so stupid, had me in stitches! :lol:

It is unfortunate that this type of news isn't highlighted more, atleast in J&K. I know there is always a worry about how such news has an effect on troop morale but it will certainly instil more confidence in the sytem among the people there. Swift justice like this along with the kind of ownership of a mistake & swift apology as in the case of the teenage boys tragically killed in their car by troops will greatly reduce public anger and instil confidence in the system.

Srinagar: In an apparent reference to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) which is trying to make inroads in the Jammu and Kashmir, People's Democratic Party (PDP) leader Peer Mansoor has urged the people not to vote for parties, which would impose a Hindu chief minister if elected to power.

Addressing a rally in south Kashmir, PDP MLA Mansoor said that certain parties are trying to forge an alliance with some communal elements and want to impose a Hindu CM in J&K.

He urged the people not to vote for parties which would impose a Hindu CM as it would be a curse on Kashmir.

Mansoor also reportedly said that Kashmir has a Muslim majority and only a person from the same community can rule the state.

Mansoor's controversial statement has drawn a sharp reaction from the BJP, which said that it would file a complaint with the State Election Commission in this regard.

The BJP has also demanded strict action against Mansoor for playing communal card ahead of assembly elections, and said such remarks are not good for the nation's integrity.

Interestingly, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti had recently said, “The electoral contest is now mainly between PDP and BJP; casting votes for NC or Congress would be a sheer wastage of your power to change.”

Jammu and Kashmir Assembly has 87 seats and will witness five phase elections starting from November 25.

Polling in the hilly state will take place on November 25 for phase 1, December 2 for phase 2, December 9 for phase 3, December 14 for phase 4 and December 20 for phase 5.

Counting of votes for all the five phases will be held on December 23.

Don't vote for BJP, it will impose a Hindu CM in J&K: PDP leader | Zee News

Only a Muslim can become CM in Jammu and Kashmir, says PDP MLA

some comments written on the same page -

"Hard Reality of Extremists ISlam.....Hindus along with moderate muslims and shias,ahmadiyas,parsis,christians etc will suffer in future." - Md. Kalam Akhtar

"The funny thing is that his party's name is "People's Democratic Party". Lo kallo baat!"- solongsucka

"Muslims are secular in minority state only. LOL!!!" - Ritesh

And the funniest -

"To all online readers:
We strongly support PDP on this issue. We believe only SECULAR person can be J&K CM. We strongly against COMMUNAL person. You know what SECULAR means right?

AAP Election Strategy CELL" - Aam Admi Party (official)

Mr.Administrator, my comment was in response to your earlier comment (highlighted below for your convenience)!

I will repeat what I said, again -- this system is how it is being practiced right now in J&K (and in general in India ). Omar Abdullah as CM and a tiny representation from non-muslim communities. And still we had the communal riots in J&K last year (and many more in the past)! Nor is his government a shining beacon for corruption-free, nepotism-free and laq-above-everyone else kind of governance!

So how exactly does your suggestion help improve the system?

Now, how you derive my post and others before me as "insecure to the hilt" is beyond me!

But I have learnt from past experiences that arguing with an Admin would lead to an unnecessary and avoidable ban, so I will just say -- great post!! :enjoy:

As mentioned before, I will continue to insist you are insecure. That comment refers to the political reality and not the system. The political reality is that to ensure a calmed response to a leader it is usually better to be from the same community. Your insecurity and those of the others you refer to ends up blinding you to seeing this as a critique or suggestion to the system rather than a ground reality perception of how the opening statement and the sentiments behind it end up leaving a hobsons choice to maintain the peace.

In fact that only conclusion I came off this thread is that 3 out of 5 online Indians are generally insecure about their own nation and are quick to jump around like wet cats and shoot tangents or shift focus on issues that are not even relevant. Only 2 people actually figured out correctly the issue I plainly pointed out and were patient and honest enough to read through the post and understand the issue being highlighted in terms of public psychology.

Srinagar: In an apparent reference to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) which is trying to make inroads in the Jammu and Kashmir, People's Democratic Party (PDP) leader Peer Mansoor has urged the people not to vote for parties, which would impose a Hindu chief minister if elected to power.

Addressing a rally in south Kashmir, PDP MLA Mansoor said that certain parties are trying to forge an alliance with some communal elements and want to impose a Hindu CM in J&K.

He urged the people not to vote for parties which would impose a Hindu CM as it would be a curse on Kashmir.

Mansoor also reportedly said that Kashmir has a Muslim majority and only a person from the same community can rule the state.

Mansoor's controversial statement has drawn a sharp reaction from the BJP, which said that it would file a complaint with the State Election Commission in this regard.

The BJP has also demanded strict action against Mansoor for playing communal card ahead of assembly elections, and said such remarks are not good for the nation's integrity.

Interestingly, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti had recently said, “The electoral contest is now mainly between PDP and BJP; casting votes for NC or Congress would be a sheer wastage of your power to change.”

Jammu and Kashmir Assembly has 87 seats and will witness five phase elections starting from November 25.

Polling in the hilly state will take place on November 25 for phase 1, December 2 for phase 2, December 9 for phase 3, December 14 for phase 4 and December 20 for phase 5.

Counting of votes for all the five phases will be held on December 23.

Don't vote for BJP, it will impose a Hindu CM in J&K: PDP leader | Zee News

Only a Muslim can become CM in Jammu and Kashmir, says PDP MLA
--
:cheesy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

While that is true, it depends on the inhibitions being put forward. That somehow Muslims in Kashmir will suffer under a Hindu BJP CM. This has political misconstruing at its core, but there is historical precedent for it.. and at the same time against it.
The Indian state under the Raj and after it has had some non-muslim leadership in smaller positions who played instrumental roles in providing betterment to the Muslim communities..

At the same time there are clear historical examples where Hindus(and Muslims in a vice-versa example) in positions of power have played a biased role against the Majority or minority Muslim population. It is then therefore usually best to take a leader from the major section of the community at the top and then intersperse it with those from the minority communities in the positions directly beneath them... or as the other alternative.. appoint a Hindu CM but ensure that the majority of his staff and cabinet are Muslim and hence help keep his decisions balanced.
--
with due respect..
1.do you want to say.. let one homogeneus group based on religion rule /gover same group ...?
2. does providing muslim Secretaries top official will keep hindu CM is check for balance decsion? any exa?
3. so can we say.. consitituin of india should havebeen wrirren by hindu brahmin as majoriy but actualy wrote by dalit which is last adjctive used to select Dr.Ambedkar ..
4. will goverance based on integiruty .. calibar . honestry.. partritiosam or relgion ?

--
with due respect..
1.do you want to say.. let one homogeneus group based on religion rule /gover same group ...?
2. does providing muslim Secretaries top official will keep hindu CM is check for balance decsion? any exa?
3. so can we say.. consitituin of india should havebeen wrirren by hindu brahmin as majoriy but actualy wrote by dalit which is last adjctive used to select Dr.Ambedkar ..
4. will goverance based on integiruty .. calibar . honestry.. partritiosam or relgion ?

With similar respect

1. I wish to say that the homogeneous group will prefer one from their own group regardless of whether it is in their best interests or not

2. Any influence that may from being swayed by popular or unpopular public or personal opinion will be minimized. Moreover, to avoid the issues of not being able to connect with the "homogeneous" group.. those secondary representatives from the homogeneous group will reduce any apprehensions within the "homogeneous" group about the leadership that is not from their group.

3. If the writing of the constitution was or becomes a contentious issue then to minimize any chances of reservations(if that is a priortiy) the largest homogenous group should have major impact in its formation.

4. Governance can be(not should be ..but ends up being) based on whatever qualities the psychology of the voters holds dear. If they judge that the qualities mentioned lie better in a member of their community even if they are incorrect is a sociological phenomenon.

With similar respect

1. I wish to say that the homogeneous group will prefer one from their own group regardless of whether it is in their best interests or not

2. Any influence that may from being swayed by popular or unpopular public or personal opinion will be minimized. Moreover, to avoid the issues of not being able to connect with the "homogeneous" group.. those secondary representatives from the homogeneous group will reduce any apprehensions within the "homogeneous" group about the leadership that is not from their group.

3. If the writing of the constitution was or becomes a contentious issue then to minimize any chances of reservations(if that is a priortiy) the largest homogenous group should have major impact in its formation.

4. Governance can be(not should be ..but ends up being) based on whatever qualities the psychology of the voters holds dear. If they judge that the qualities mentioned lie better in a member of their community even if they are incorrect is a sociological phenomenon.
----
1. Homogeneous grop..
there is no homogenus group..its by desgin of nature ...
are 5 finger a like... .. all have 5 finger but are they Same .. no.. they are identical but not same...
will you all left hand to control right hand because they are homogenous or similar.. ?does nature did it?
even life reproduction have both homo and heto groiong to life cycle go on -- XX and XY

2. leadship...CM
is answabelt o parliament and costituin..
india first education mins was abdul kalam azad.. and gave solid foundation to india educ system
but still most lislm lack edu for various reason..
he was cnetral minister with all resource stil his - relgion peopel are behind in edu
Crowd/ homogenous group is not alwasy right .. right ness come from logic.. constitional franewaorl... law of land .. ethic .moral than vrow and homogenus group

3. writing constition....issue .. majoirty and minority
contentious issue then to minimize any chances of reservations
reservation for somthing is normal.. how you solve it .. would make it speical ..
Even right decion have reservation by few --
so if tomorrow pak sunni say .. decalred shia as kafir .. will you let them do?
so if tomorrow indian hindus saying remove all sikh.. pariss .. muslim .. will india allow ?
--
4.governace
Democracy.. is good is as good as your voter..
voter is good as waht parametrs he choose to vote
we ave UP and BIhar where caste .. clan relgion still have top 5 decion making list than roti kadpa makan .. edu.. job
so they will get all which they voter for expect roti kadpa etc
its people choice what to eat grass or basmati..
west learned same by frech Revelation

----
1. Homogeneous grop..
there is no homogenus group..its by desgin of nature ...
are 5 finger a like... .. all have 5 finger but are they Same .. no.. they are identical but not same...
will you all left hand to control right hand because they are homogenous or similar.. ?does nature did it?
even life reproduction have both homo and heto groiong to life cycle go on -- XX and XY

2. leadship...CM
is answabelt o parliament and costituin..
india first education mins was abdul kalam azad.. and gave solid foundation to india educ system
but still most lislm lack edu for various reason..
he was cnetral minister with all resource stil his - relgion peopel are behind in edu
Crowd/ homogenous group is not alwasy right .. right ness come from logic.. constitional franewaorl... law of land .. ethic .moral than vrow and homogenus group

3. writing constition....issue .. majoirty and minority
contentious issue then to minimize any chances of reservations
reservation for somthing is normal.. how you solve it .. would make it speical ..
Even right decion have reservation by few --
so if tomorrow pak sunni say .. decalred shia as kafir .. will you let them do?
so if tomorrow indian hindus saying remove all sikh.. pariss .. muslim .. will india allow ?
--
4.governace
Democracy.. is good is as good as your voter..
voter is good as waht parametrs he choose to vote
we ave UP and BIhar where caste .. clan relgion still have top 5 decion making list than roti kadpa makan .. edu.. job
so they will get all which they voter for expect roti kadpa etc
its people choice what to eat grass or basmati..
west learned same by frech Revelation

1. Yet there are identities that come and form depending on common perception. the homogeneous group is your own example. To deny them will only enforce their feelings of being deprived.

2. This reinforces my point, that a person of popular mandate may or may not be the best person for the job.. but human factors end up influencing people to make incorrect decisions. In the context of the topic, it may mean disliking a truly deserving person for the job based on their political or religious identity.

3. Letting them do vs How they feel is the argument here in the first place. The reservation by the few one can overcome via the power of law.. but reservation by a majority(correct or incorrect) is difficult to overcome through the power of law.

4. All that I have said before, which makes me think what is the contention to argue about? What I have stated I will state before.. the sociological factors at play dictate that for the lack of better awareness, it is better for harmony to select a leader from the majority group even if that person is not on merit. It is not the right choice, it is the Hobson's choice.

Back
Top Bottom