What's new

Does Islam belong to Eastern or Western culture ?

lioneern

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Often when people are trying to make distinctions between Islam and Christianity , they alway talk about Eastern (Islam) and Western( Christianity) culture . But didn't Islam and Christianity originate from the same place ? They are both Abrahamic religions . Why are there so much differences and conflicts between them now ? So , to me is it wrong to refer islamic culture as Eastern . Islamic culture is even closer the Western culture than far Eastern culture

Obviously it depends on where you are, in China even India is western!

But generally Westerners try to distance themselves with anything they don't agree. They seems to think they're where they're now since time immemorial. 'OMG, your women don't have rights? You're so Eastern, our women always have rights you know!'. By the current Western standard all their ancestors are Eastern aliens.

Same for communism, Russia is part of the Western world, and Marxism is a 100% Western ideology, but few Westerners will admit that. Once I had the conversation with an Aussie trying to lecture me on how great the Western tradition is, I said 'sorry but communism is Western and we've been suffering from it for 60 years now', she of course tried to say Russians are not really Europeans but some sort of Asiatic yetis, then I mentioned Marx himself she fell into silence, I guess she probably wanted to say 'But Marx is a Jew!' but can't because that would be too politically incorrect.

Islam dosen't belongs to any specific Culuture.......As Allah said to Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) i send u as 'Rehmatalil Alameen' ....meanings Peace, blessing for all worlds.
Whether its Islam, Christainity or Jewishism....All belongs to one root. The route of Religion Islam.

'When Holy prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) migrated to Madina City from Makka.
And later the bigest Alam (scholar) of Jewish 'Abdallah Bin Salam' embraced islam. Holy Prophet asked from him did you and your peoples were not recognized me as a Prophet of Allah.
He replied, we were know u as a Holy Prophet with such beleived that we could have doubt on our childs but not on you. We were know ur signs and time of coming to his city as were mentioned in our Holy books. But our peoples didn't accpeted this openly as:
1 - Firstly they had feared to lost their respect and wealth in society.
2 - Secondly there were not happy as you were borned in the generation of Hazrat Ismail (A.S.) not in Hazrat Ishaq (A.S.)...

'Both were sons of Ibrahim (A.S.) but Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) generation was from Hazrat Ismail (A.S.)

Back
Top Bottom